345 Stockton St

Grandviews at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Californian, Traditional, Pub Food

• 10/12/2015

A Californian food lover from North Highlands, CA tried it.

grubalicioussf photo

grubalicioussf

San Francisco, CA

Mother's Day Brunch Buffet with a...grand view!

For Mother’s Day, my mom wanted to try the brunch buffet at the Grand Views in the Grand Hyatt Union Square. For $58/person (adults), it was a pretty decent spread and our table was by the window, so we enjoyed a lovely birds’ eye view of the city. It wasn’t as fancy as Cityscape’s brunch which we enjoyed for years before they closed, with live music, bottomless mimosas, an amazing spread and complimentary flowers for all the moms, but Grand Views was a solid experience. There were classic buffet elements such as a beef and turkey carving station, an omelette station, a seafood display including shrimp and oysters on the half shell, assorted cheeses, and a chocolate fountain with fruits and marshmallows for dipping. They had chicken nuggets, tater tots, pudding cups and juice boxes in smaller chafing dishes set up low to the ground so that youngsters like my three year old daughter could help themselves. There were assorted salads, dim sum and shrimp tempura. They served traditional breakfast items like bacon, chicken apple sausage, French toast with a fresh berry compote, eggs benedict with ham, and home fries. My kids loved the waffle station and smothered theirs with whipped cream. Other offerings included salmon with mashed potatoes and some kind of chicken. They had a make-your-own Bloody Mary table, too. Of course, they had an array of desserts including mini raspberry tarts and mini chocolate eclairs which my son and dad enjoyed, respectively.

Service was attentive and courteous. They always removed our dirty plates right away and brought our drinks quickly. It was crowded but we didn’t feel at all cramped. And again, we had a beautiful view. All in all, it was a very pleasant Mother’s Day meal for all of us.

Roast beef carving station

They sliced pretty hearty portions of beef and offered tasty, warm jus and mild horseradish to go with it. I tend to like my meat cooked longer than most so I was pleased to be able to get mine cooked medium. It was super tender, juicy and flavorful. I wish they had hot horseradish – the chef who was carving said I could request Tobasco sauce but I was too lazy. My “meatatarian” son gobbled up two giant slices and my dad had second helpings, too.

Oysters with classic mignonette sauce

They were extremely tasty, although I’m not sure what kind of oysters they were. They were cleaned well, not gritty. So refreshing with lemon squeezed on it and mignonette sauce. I must have had at least half a dozen.

Bacon

Don’t laugh. I know it seems a little silly to mention something simple like bacon but my mom, daughter and I agree that it was probably the best thing we ate. It was perfect. Thick,but not too thick, salty, crispy, chewy and not too greasy. I think I had half a dozen slices of those, too.

Californian Traditional Pub Food

Bakeries in South Of Market

Pizza Zone ''N'' Grill

Lunch in Mission

Grandviews at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco  Restaurant Reviews

Grandviews at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, Mission District, , Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: Grandview Restaurant San Francisco, Grand Views Restaurant San Francisco, Photo Images Of Grandview Restaurant In San Francisco, Hyatt Grand View Restaurant San Francisco, Grandview Restaurant Hyatt San Francisco, Grand View Restaurant Hyatt San Francisco, Grandviews San Francisco Menu, and Grand Hyatt Grandviews Restaurant.