1340 Village West Pky
Kansas City, KS 66111-1875

Granny's Chicken Ranch

Neighborhoods: I-435 West KC-KS
Cuisine: Chicken, Southern/Soul

Granny's Chicken Ranch is a Chicken and Southern/Soul restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 7/02/2017

A Chicken chowhound from Kansas City, MO tried it.

cheechu photo

cheechu

Kansas City, KS

Just like MOM'S

The place was originally an Irish Pub, the decor is beautiful and the atmosphere is great. I the summer, they have an outdoor patio with live bands on the weekends, we prefer to sit out there when it is availabe. It’s one of the best outdoor dining experiences in town. The pan fried chicken is the best in town…hands down. The Value for the dollar is unbelievable. You get all you can eat salad and sides with every meal and the quality is exceptional. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and I have had all three and all are just like Mom made. The Gravy is a milk based chicken gravy and you want to dip everything in it. The breakfast buffet on Saturday and Sunday is also an exceptional value at $8.95. Grannys is the best restaurant I have found in The Legends area and definately the best Fried chicken joint in town.

4 pc Chicken

Juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. The chicken was perfect. It came with Green beans..excellent..gravy… excellent…and mashed potatoes. they were fresh made, but i prefer no skin in mine if you like the skin in you will probably love these. Also, the dinner came with cinnamon roll and drop biscuits with honey butter an these were hot and fresh.

Pot Roast Sandwich

Absolutely the best hot beef sandwich ever. the meat was so tender and moist it just falls apart. it is served open face with mashed potatoes and brown gravy on top. I think i’m in love.

spencergraciesmo photo

spencergraciesmo

Highland, IL

Skip It

We went on a Wednesday around 4:30. We were one of 3 tables at the restaurant, and yet our service was unbearably slow. You would expect a restaurant with “chicken” in its name to have somewhat decent chicken, My husbands chicken dinner was dry and the mashed potatos tasted like glue. I ordered a salad topped with chicken that was dry and had absolutely no flavor. After we had finished we waited 20 minutes to get our bill. I wish I could turn back time and have gone somewhere else. I can not decide what was worse the food or the service,

Fussbudget photo

Fussbudget

Raytown, MO

Down-home Cookin'

Went to Granny’s by myself and was seated quickly. Granny’s dinner entrees are family-style with all-you-can-eat sides. The waitress pointed out that I might want to order one of the mini meals on the back of the menu, as the portions are large. The downside is the mini meals only come with one side, so I ordered the one-piece chicken mini meail with green beans on the side and added a side of pan-fried potatoes. I didn’t see the waitress for a while, as she had several large parties; however, she served me well. The chicken was tremendous, the green beans were good, and the pan-fried potatoes were amazing (potatoes are fried with onions and are just short of crispy stage…not greasy). Ready to go back and try something else…especially their desserts.

One Piece of Chicken Mini Meal

Chicken breast was crispy and tasty. Green beans were fine.

Pan-Fried Potaotes

Crispy and fried with onions. Not greasy.

11/27/2019

A dining patron from US tried Frontier Steakhouse in I-435 West KC-KS.

11/24/2019

A dining patron from Kansas City, MO tried Jennie's Restaurant in Riverview.

11/23/2019

A dining patron from Mountain View, CA tried Reyna's Mexican Bakery in Armourdale.

10/24/2019

A dining patron from Shawnee, KS tried Paul's Drive In in Armourdale.

10/06/2019

A diner from Kansas City, MO tried Paul's Drive In in Armourdale, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Fast & delicious
Cons
None
9/12/2019

A diner from Galesburg, IL tried Jennie's Restaurant in Riverview, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

9/05/2019

A dining patron from Kansas City, MO tried Texas Toms Burger in Northeast, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

9/05/2019

A diner from Cameron, MO tried Jennie's Restaurant in Riverview, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Homey feels!
Comments
Happy to know your still in business!
9/02/2019

An American chowhound from US tried Mrs Peter's Chicken Dinners in Coronado.

8/17/2019

An American food lover from US tried Paul's Drive In in Armourdale, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
Food made to order
Chicken Southern/Soul Family Style

Granny's Chicken Ranch  Restaurant Reviews

Granny's Chicken Ranch is located near the cities of Kansas City.
People found this by searching for: Granny Chickhen Ranch Kansas City, Grannys Chicken Ranch, Granny Chicken Ranch Kansas City, Fried Chicken Kck Near 435, Granny's Chicken Ranch, Granny's Chicken Ranch Kansas City Ks, Legends Kansas City Area Chicken Resturants, Grannys Chicken Ranch Kansas, and Granny's Restaurant Kansas City.