Grappolo

Cuisine: Italian, Casual dining, Breakfast

Grappolo is a Italian, Casual dining, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Pasta-mushroom-300x199

Lew_Marklin photo

Santa Barbara, CA

Incredible Italian in the wine country

Trattoria Grappolo
The Santa Ynez valley has a thriving Italian community, being wine country, you’ll find fine Italian vino from the vine, Sicilian donkey farms and just about everything else Italian, which means that if there is going to be a premiere Italian joint, it’s got a lot to live up to, to survive and the Grappolo is all that. We were introduced to this authentic Italian cuisine by local poet and author, Richard Jerrett, who doesn’t mess around when it comes to food.
We sat outside to talk, had bread and olive oil the Caesar Salad was fresh and crisp. I ordered the big Porter House Steak rare, as always on my first outing. It was AMAZING! Meat so tender, I almost screamed and ripped my clothes off while I sipped my Peligrino Water. Our waitress was awesome. I want to call her Randy, but I honestly can’t remember. People seemed to know each other. It was definitely a local staple and popular hang out for good reason. The owners dropped by to say hi, and were incredibly friendly.
On my second visit, we hit lunch and I had the spaghetti and Meatballs. If you ever shamed your family name by saying that one meatball was as good as the next, this dish will rip your theory to shreds. Incredible presentation. The spaghetti came in a well organized pile of pasta, heaped in a bowl over 6 immense meatballs and mint leaves. It knocked me under the table! The chef came out to get my animated reaction, and we exchange a high 5 if I can recount correctly! Now, the Grappolo is what crosses my mind when I plan my trips to Santa Ynez.

Porter House Steak

Incredible steak. I order it rare. It is HUGE. It stands out from across the room, and makes your knees shake. I had to have it. Love at first site. We stayed in love till the last bite!

Italian Santa Barbara Reservations
Tips
  • Reservations are essential most every night of the week. Even on Mondays, the place is packed to the gills. Walk-in seats are available at the small counter.
  • The wine list specializes in local wines as well as Italian varietals, and is organized by price point, starting around $18 all the way up to "special reds" for over two hundred, but the markup is reasonable. Corkage is $16 per bottle.
  • Cooking classes are occasionally offered at area wineries, and the chefs wrote a cookbook named after the restaurant.
B5-_e4lc4r3zfoaby-glfx

-3 useful

B5-_e4lc4r3zfoaby-glfx

-3 useful

Grappolo  Restaurant Reviews

Grappolo is located near the cities of Ballard.
People found this by searching for: Grappolo Italian Restaurant Santa Ynez, Grappolo Santa Ynez, Solvang Grappolo Menu, Grappolo Restaurant, Grappolo Menu, Grappolo Ca, Solvang Valley Italian Restaraunt,Ca, Grappolo Restaurant Week, and Kelly Lebrock Ranch In Santa Ynez Address.