1378 Rue Notre-Dame W
Montreal Metro Area, QC H3C 1K8

Griffintown Cafe Dining

(Between Rue Versailles and Rue de l'Aqueduc)

Neighborhoods: Le Sud-Ouest
Cuisine: Brunch, Bistro

Griffintown Cafe Dining is a Brunch and Bistro restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Montréal, QC

Needs salt. And clocks.

I was here for lunch with a couple of coworkers. We sat outside on a very sunny terrasse, in the back. Inside there was soccer playing on a large television, as well as a flag-draped piano.

On the lunch menu, the special was advertised as being served in 15 minutes. As two of us were returning to work in the afternoon, this sounded perfect and all of us ordered it. We had a choice of hot “green” soup or cold “melon” soup — my colleagues took the hot soup, which they then added a dreadful amount of salt to. We’re talking about four tours around the bowl with the salt shaker.

Service was terribly slow. The soup took 17 minutes to arrive, and the main dish arrived after more than 25 minutes. When we pointed out how long we waited to the waitress, she did not know what should be done. After consulting with her boss, we were offered free glasses of wine. Reluctantly we accepted, even though we had already finished our meals. The wine was nothing to write home about: it was a white wine called Camina Del Sol. Perhaps with the food it might have been better — on its own, served icy cold, it was rather tasteless.

Overall I was not impressed. The food was bland, the service was slow, and the terrasse was uncomfortable. Our “quick bite” took about 2 hours including the walk to and from the office quite close by. What if one of us had ordered one of the other lunch plates, that didn’t offer the express service? How long would lunch have taken then??

tandoori chicken

This was the special of the day, but it bore no resemblance to the tandoori chicken served in Indian restaurants. A square of the palest pink meat was perched atop strips of mango, preserved onion, a smidgen of shredded mint, and rice cooked in coconut milk. A few sprouts adorned the very top. There was no flavor to this dish at all, and no spice either. While my colleagues salted this plate almost as aggressively as the green soup, I actually had to put pepper on it! The pale color was unsettling — one of my tablemates was sure hers was undercooked. The rice was mushy and clumped together. I would not order this again.

cantaloupe and basil "gazpacho"

This was a cold soup appetizer. It was a pretty orange color and there were three large, very soggy croutons in the soup. There was not much basil but the cantaloupe flavor was strong. It was quite watery, more like juice than soup. On the side were a handful of sprouts — I tore them into the soup for a crunchy element. It was ok, a nicer choice on a hot day than a hot soup, but I would not look for this again.

carlos28 photo

carlos28

Montréal, QC

Inexpensive eats

One of the best breakfast spots in town by my calculations. Very fresh, healthy tasting food, without tons of grease and lard. The ambiance is lovely, with a small open air kitchen in the back. When we went the place was packed, and the service was slow. But it ended up being worth it, the food was delicious! It’s kind of a hike out there, if you’re not in the neighborhood, but take the opportunity to go walk around Griffintown and St Henri after brunch, they’re lovely neighborhoods.

Grilled Hanger steak

Excellent dish served with freshly served grilled vegetables.

Downtown Brunch Bistro

Griffintown Cafe Dining  Restaurant Reviews

Griffintown Cafe Dining is located near the cities of St Colomban and Saint Colomban.
People found this by searching for: Restaurant Hangar Montreal, Griffintown Cafe, Restaurant Griffin Town, Le Hangar Restaurant Montreal, Le Hangar Resto Montreal, Restaurant Le Hangar Montreal, and Restaurant Le Hangar Montréal.