Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant

Cuisine: Catering, Cafe, Traditional

Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant is a Catering, Cafe, and Traditional restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Amazing coconut cream pie, great breakfasts"
"THANKYOU ALL FOR MAKING MY HUSBAND - LOU - 80TH SURPRISE DINNER GREAT !! WE WERE 12 PEOPLE AND OUR WAITRESS WAS WONDERFUL. THE MEALS WERE VERY GOOD - PEOPLE CAME OVER FROM LONG ISLAND, N.Y. AND DOWN FROM UPSTATE N.Y. WE EAT HERE OFTEN ( OVER 10 YEARS )"
"Excellent scrapple! Good hot cakes. The wife had a breakfast burrito and liked it enough to have it again if we're back. Nice atmosphere between the people working there and the locals. Prices were reasonable."
"Breakfast sasuAge gravy"
"We were seated fast & our waitress was great."
"Good food. Nice variety of choices"
"The just took over the Ephrata Diner, my go to place for breakfast. I hoped they would make some changes. But, alas, the Eggs Benedict still suck. The Hollandaise sauce tastes like very salty chicken gravy. Despite his experience, Gus doesn't know shit ab"
"Getting out of there"
"The staff is so nice and the food is great. Have the macaroni salad!!! "
"Waitress friendly. Out of two of main dishes. Ordered seafood salad. Out of it. Ordered oyster stew which was like warm milk with 3 oysters and Greek fries cold and overcooked. Told cashier who shrugged her shoulders. Last stop to eat here. "
"I can't say enough about my most recent visit. Pancakes were very good. The service that saturday was very good. Whatever the reason all in all it was very pleasant. This is my go to place every other weekend. Like everything else in life it's "
"food, atmosphere, Becky the waitress, all around plus"
"Thank god the customers are nice and loyal because at least they are pleasant "
"great service, big portions of delicious homemade food, reasonable prices, friendly staff...highly recommend"
"Friendly wait staff"
Cons
"No cons. Can't think of anything bad to say!"
"I got a 12oz steak & it was a cold plate of fat along with my cold potato, also had a shrimp stir fry that was I we cooked rubber. I was very disappointed. Paid $50 for a terrible dinner. "
"Food is over priced everthing on the menu says fresh but it not i "
"See above comment. Also out of oyster crackers. Served saltines. "
"I dine here for breakfast only. Just a suggestion - ask about "how was everything during the meal process" not as the patrons are making their exit. Doing it this way will more than likely get a more accurate rating especially if management is"
"The food is marginal; the waitresses are pathetic and rude. Atmosphere is cold and univiting. I imagine the only warmth is in the kitchen. The local are nice and loyal. Lucky for this establishment. Food products are inferior. I am sure the cook can cook "
"Food is marginal. Waitresses are pathetic and rude. I only wish someone cared enough to stop by my table for an opinion. The only thing warm and pleasant is the sun shining through the. windows. You either need service or food. One or the other boy. "
Comments
"I've only had breakfast there twice so I cannot attest to their lunch or dinner."
"Always go there for breakfast & it was great. So disappointed in dinner. Also we were swatting flies the whole time."
"We waited 30 mins to even get I drink and the place wasn't even busy"
"Don't waste your time. "
"Good Old Gus's _what a venue. "
"first time will return"
"Yes. Hire some decent people to work at this place. People generally don't pay to be insulted in a public forum."
Dynamyk photo

Dynamyk

Terrific Selection

A tremenoudous eatery. Gus makes it a point to visit all tables, and he must hear alot of compliments! I tell people when visiting Gus’s to have an idea of what they’d like before they get there because he’ll likely have it. They have a full menu, and an insert as if that weren’t enough! I have enjoyed every meal that I’ve ordered at Gus’s (which are many), and will certainly return soon.
This is my home’s staple-when we don’t know what we’re in the mood for- sure thing-spot.

JohnH22 photo

JohnH22

Mount Joy, PA

Disaster

Wife and I stopped in to this restaurant we’ve been patronizing for about a year. It was 8:30 pm and they close at 9:00Pm. We always tipped well.

I never expected what happened….didn’t see it coming….the waitress said they just threw out the coffee…..they’re closed….the front should have locked the door and never left us in. She was huffing and rude.

The food has been going down hill and we will never be back.

MamaRoberts67 photo

MamaRoberts67

Elizabethtown, PA

Never going back

went in for prime rib. placed order. 10 minutes past and waitress came back and said i had to make another selection because i could not have the prime rib on sunday, although it was on the menu. i re-ordered chicken cordon blue. the gravy on it was cold and solid, not even in liquid form. the entire center was cold and the cheese was not even melted, but rather icy like it had been in the refrigerator. the ham on the inside was also cold and completely uncooked. i will never be back and will not refer this establishment to anyone. the quality was by far one of the worst. it hurt to pay for such garbage.

redneckbiker photo

redneckbiker

Boiling Springs, PA

Not again

My wife and I would often stop at Gus’s for lunch when we were out on the Harley but that ended today. After our meal, I went to the restroom. One of the kitchen staff entered the restroom with his apron on and proceeded to use the urinal. Aprons just don’t belong in a restroom. Makes me wonder what else is going on behind the scenes. We won’t be back.

KatD04 photo

KatD04

York, PA

Something for everyone

Menu is extensive and everyone in our party of 6 loved all the choices. Prime rib was very good and huge portion. Delmonico steak was a tad grisly but good flavor. Ham loaf was plentiful and very good (some went home because it was so much food) Food was served so hot that I actually had to blow on it. One person got the turtle soup and liked it. Tomato Bisque was excellent – served like French onion soup and highly recommended!!!! Sweet potatoes fries are worth a try. Portions of everything were generous. Service was friendly, ke/’.0.0.0.0.0.0pt glasses filled and took care of requests promptly. We were not hurried out after done eating. Overall a very pleasant place to eat good food.

jen_hotchick1 photo

jen_hotchick1

blahhh

I was a former employee at this restuarant. First of all the desserts are not homemade they are frozen or purchased… The management treats their employees horrible..Gus may walk around and talk to his customers like he is a nice person but then talks to Some of his staff like they are nothing more than garbage under his feet..Its a family owned business and he doesn’t care how they treat his employees unless of course you have worked in his establishment for several years..Then its ok if you snort coke in the bathroom or smoke pot in your car on your break… My suggestion is even though it is a very busy restuarant I would never recommend anyone to work there because at some point or another will be treated like shit!!

Laurie666 photo

Laurie666

Mount Joy, PA

Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I’ve seen how horrible and nasty this restaurant is ….but is seems they have the entire family out to write fake reviews for themselves …..*clap clap *… their servers are bitches and violate every health code known to man …enjoy your bacteria ridden food everyone and enjoy the fake reviews they have their family doing !!!!!!!.
Family Catering Cafe
claudes

0 useful

Bh6-u6hdwr35idaby-wxzo
Dynamyk

Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 6/05/2016 A diner from Magnolia, NJ tried it.

• 4/04/2016 A diner from Mount Joy, PA tried it.

• 3/31/2016 A diner from Philadelphia, PA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 2/20/2016 A diner from Elizabethtown, PA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 1/17/2016 A diner from Elizabethtown, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Amazing coconut cream pie, great breakfasts
  • 12/07/2015 A diner from Mount Joy, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
  • 11/16/2015 A diner from Apollo, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
    No cons. Can't think of anything bad to say!
    Comments
  • 10/11/2015 A diner from US tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Breakfast sasuAge gravy
  • 10/01/2015 Jamarncb tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. Jamarncb didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    We were seated fast & our waitress was great.
    Comments
  • 9/21/2015 A diner from Ephrata, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Good food. Nice variety of choices
Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant is located near the cities of Florin.
People found this by searching for: Guss S Restaruant Mt Joy,Pa, Gus's Keystone Diner, Gus's Restaurant Mount Joy Prime Rib, Gus's Restaurant Mt. Joy Pa, Gus's Mount Joy, Reviews Gus Keystone, Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant, Gus Restaurant Mount Joy, and Gus Restaurant Ephrata Menu.