7890 Haven Ave
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

Haandi Indian Cuisine

Cuisine: Indian, Vegetarian, Middle Eastern

Haandi Indian Cuisine is a Indian, Vegetarian, and Middle Eastern restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 10/01/2013

A diner from Bethesda, MD tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

ninathomas photo

ninathomas

El Centro, CA

Calm Atmosphere, Great Service, Ok Food

We ate at this place for a Menuism sponsored dinner (read: free dinner). I was not impressed with the food, it just wasn’t as flavorful as many other indian restaurants I have patronized and I’ve been to lots of them! (Indian food is another love of mine!)
Where I was impressed was in the service. We had a party of ten at one long table and they kept our water glasses full and made sure we all had chai. Now, they weren’t exactly crowded, but for a Friday night, they did have several other parties. We got superior service.

non-vegetable combination dinner

A great deal for a lot of food, drink and dessert. I ordered spicy and while my Dal (a curried dish with chickpeas) had a little kick, It was definately not what I would call spicy. The tandoori chicken was good, but the other two entrees (a lamb dish, and another chicken dish) lacked flavor. I also liked the dessert (a bun of some sort soaked in sugar water).

loveateacher909 photo

loveateacher909

Redlands, CA

Good portions!

The food was good at the restaurant. I had one of the combination plate. For the first time I had goat meat and it was delicious. The service was excellent. The waiter made sure I water or teas were filled.
It is a small restaurant, but worth your while. I definitely will go back to the restaurant to try another meal. I had my eye on several various lamb dishes.
Let me add for those who are vegetarian, the restaurant had some yummy looking vegetarian dishes for you to savor.

non-vegetable combination dinner

For the price I paid, this was a great value. Generous portion of rice, goat meat, and two different chicken curries. Also, the dish includes a small dessert, hot chai tea, and garlic naan bread. I did order spicey, and the plate for me was not that spicey. It was still delicious.

pinkstripes photo

pinkstripes

Redlands, CA

Good Indian Food in Inland Empire

This restaurant has large menu with something for everyone, from appetizers to platters and for meat eaters and vegetarians. They also have a good selection of Indian beer. The food was tasty and can be spiced to taste. I ordered the vegetarian platter which came with two curries, dessert, rice, and naan. A good value and sampling of what they have to offer. I plan on returning in the near future.

Vegetable Dinner

A good value and a tasting of what the restaurant has to offer. Two vegetarian curries, dal, rice, naan, and dessert.

chanikaj photo

chanikaj

Haandi Indian Restaurant

The place is a little small but I love the food and the atmosphere. The waiters are very friendly. The food I ordered was the dinner special and you get a lot for the price you pay. I took some home and ate it the next day and the food was still good. The only thing that I oredered spicy and I was surprise to find out that it wasn’t spicy like I expected. That was the only thing. Everything else was great.

WolfCat photo

WolfCat

Inland Empire Indian

I was also here with a fun group of 10 from the IE Foodies Meetup. The Hot Chai – Tea (free refills) was delicious (and came with the dinner combos). Superior very attentive service with a pleasant atmosphere (minus the annoying tv). This establishment could accommodate larger parties. The food was good, not great, but the garlic naan bread stood out as outstanding. I have been to many Indian restaurants over the years… but this is decent fare for the IE area.

non-vegetable combination dinner

I nice choice for a tour of tastes… chai tea, chicken curry, goat curry, tandoori chicken, dal, naan, rice and dessert. I ordered it medium, and I could have had it MUCH spicier for me. Served on a large stainless steel “lunch tray” the portions were large with lots of left-overs to take-home.

coolsreek photo

coolsreek

Try the Dal

I was here with the foodies group for dinner and had a chance to try their Non- Veggie Dinner. We started off with the Hot Chai – Tea (free Refills) which came with the dinner. When they brought in the thali we were surprised to see the portion size. The dinner came with Chicken curry, Goat curry, Tandoori Chicken, DAL, Naan, Dessert and Rice. The only complaint I had was that the food was not spicy enough for me , even though I ordered it spice. I was able to get some left over items from the dinner to-go for the following day. This is a pretty good deal if you want to try various different items from Indian Cuisine.

non-vegetable combination dinner

Great Portion size but not spicy enough for my taste.

girlmostlikely photo

girlmostlikely

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Try a Chaitini!

We had a flavorful, plentiful dinner at Haandi and we would definitely go back. I ordered the Vegetarian Combination dinner and my fiancé ordered the Haandi Special Combination (which was a little of all their specialties). The portions were large and a great value for the price and everything was flavorful. My favorite part of the meal was the Mushroom Masala and his favorite was the Tandoori Chicken. We both also liked the Yellow Dal. My only complaint was that we ordered our meals spicy and it was not spicy at all really. I think this may have been because we were seated with a large party and everyone was ordering different spice levels so they may have decided to just stick with mild – medium (a mistake in my book regardless).

The atmosphere was nice and it’s a nice place for a date or an evening with friends. They did have a distracting TV playing Indian musicals or something which I could probably do without, only because it was distracting for me, but all in all, a nice restaurant in an unlikely place- an older strip mall complete with bowling alley and an El Pollo Loco.

One last thing, the Chai tea that came with the meal was really good, but if you’re in the mood for a cocktail, the Chaitini is a must.

sunshyne76 photo

sunshyne76

Corona, CA

Not too spicy but FULL of flavor

I was very happy with this restaurant. I had a group of ten people with me and they had a slightly separate area from the normal seating area. You can totally bring large groups of people here and not have a problem getting seated. They even gave us an extra table at the end so we could space ourselves out for more room. We all ordered from their combination menu and it quite a large amount of food for the price. I ordered the dish spicy but it wasn’t at all, which is the ONLY thing I have to complain about… regardless of being mild, the food was FULL of flavor… the chai tea was mild, the garlic naan was super garlicy… the food did take a while, but I imagine making that much food at once does take some time. We had a great time!

non-vegetable combination dinner

Talk about a lot of food! It comes with chai tea, garlic naan, daal, chicken curry, goat curry, another chicken item, rice and a desert… Its all very flavorful but don’t expect it to be spicy even if you order it hot… still a GREAT dish

Inlandvalgal11 photo

Inlandvalgal11

Running Springs, CA

Hungry for Indian Cuisine? Haadi is Hearty and Savory

I had the opportunity to experience this restauraunt with a meetup group function. The ambiance is pleasant and lovely,romantic enough for a first date and accomodating enough for larger groups.The evening lighting was soft and dim.The tv was noticably audible. If that’s your thing or not is the question.The service was accomodating and attentive, yet lingering.It kept tempo with the tone of our group’s conversation which made for an enjoyable dinner.

NON-VEGETERIAN DINNER

The tandoori chicken was good,the chicken curry was tasty,the goat curry was extremely delicious,the daal was exceptionally savory,the basmati rice was pleasantly herbal, the garlic naan was nice warm,soft and garlicy, the chai tea was soothingly spicy/sweet and the dessert was a nice small finish of a sweet little cake with a soft center. Over all, a nice, deep, rich and flavorful experience.The goat and the daal were my favorites of the meal.

formerfoodie photo

formerfoodie

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I see why they have to advertise so much

I have been inundated with flyers, coupons, email, etc. from this restaurant, with all kinds of specials, buy one get one free, etc. I now understand why they have to advertise so much.

There was not a single patron in this shabby restaurant when we walked in at lunchtime on a Saturday. Not one. That should have been the first clue.

We presented our coupon and were told that you could not use it with the buffet, (this should have been clearly stated), but we tried the buffet anyway.

The food was very disappointing. Tastes like it had been frozen and then reheated, and just about everything was terribly overcooked. I don’t believe I have ever had flavorless Indian food before, but they managed to show me that it is possible.

The unappetizing, bland food was bad enough, but evidently ambiance is limited to very dirty carpeting, and all of the employees standing around watching (what I believe) were Indian soap operas on the TV that was blaring so loud it gave me a headache.

Lesson number 1 – Please don’t subject your customers to listening to bad TV in a language they don’t understand, while the staff ignores them.

Lesson number 2 – Please prepare buffet items in small quantities, freshly, so you don’t have to serve customers food that tastes like it came out of a can.

Lesson number 3 – Even a ridiculous amount of advertising cannot compensate for terrible food, a dirty restaurant, and staff who would rather be elsewhere.

Lesson number 4 – If you don’t have a single customer in the restaurant at a time that you should be busy, you might want to read the three lessons above.

Indian Vegetarian Cuisine
Sun-Sat 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Haandi photo
Haandi, the Owner, says:

For the very Best in North Indian Cuisine, look no further than Haandi Indian Cuisine! Since 2005 we have been creating the tasty North Indian dishes with the best value for our loyal Customers in Rancho Cucamonga in a clean, comfortable, intimate, family oriented atmosphere. We have plenty of spacious booths and tables to accommodate your group (up to 100 people) 7 days a week. Our food is prepared fresh and we spice to your taste, mild, medium, spicy or Indian spicy!

From CityGrid:

Haandi Indian Cuisine  Restaurant Reviews

Haandi Indian Cuisine is located near the cities of Alta Loma, Cucamonga, and Guasti.
People found this by searching for: Haandi Indian Cuisine, Handi Restaurant In Rancho Cucamonga, Rancho Cucamonga Haandi Indian Restaurant, Haandi Coupons, Haadi Rancho, Indian Restaurants In Inland Empire, Haandi Indian Cuisine Coupon, and Haandi Indian Cuisine, Rancho,Cuccamonga.