Hale's Breakfast & Lunch

Neighborhoods: Jennings Lodge
Cuisine: Soups, Lunch, Breakfast

Hale's Breakfast & Lunch is a Soups, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

• 12/31/2014

A Soups chowhound from Seattle, WA tried it.

gilsd1 photo

gilsd1

Milwaukie, OR

Dinner at Hale's Restaurant Milwaukie, Oregon

My wife and I are always searching for new restaurants to have dinner at. We just found out that Hale’s Restaurant is now open several times a week for dinner. A couple of our neighbors have raved about the restaurant so we decided to give it a try for dinner. To put it lightly we were not impressed. We went there on a Friday night and the place did have some patrons but it was not overly busy. We sat down and the waitress that seated us asked if we wanted coffee and my wife told her she did so she pored her a cup and left without asking if she would like cream. It took several minutes until anyone else passed by that we could ask for cream. After about 15 minutes our waiter finally came to our table to take our order. My wife ordered the Reuben sandwich and I ordered the Hamburger steak well done with baked potato and salad. Well our dinners came but where was my salad that should have been there long before the main course. The waiter said he would bring one now and I told him it was a little late for the salad but he brought it anyway. My wife’s Reuben had a fair amount of pastrami on it but was loaded down with sauerkraut which she had to scrape most of it off. My Hamburger steak was at best medium well (not the way I eat them and not the way I ordered it). Finally after a wait a waitress came by and we asked her to get our waiter for us. She left and the waiter showed up several minutes later. I showed him the steak and he said he would get me a new one. After it was cooked he brought it out but now my baked potato was cold so he went back and got me a new hot one. We were not charged for my meal but I would have rather enjoyed the meal and paid for it. One last thing is the coffee cups are left on the table open side up between customers. My coffee cup which I did not use remained on the table during our whole meal. A couple in the next booth to us did not drink coffee but the coffee cups were not removed while they ate and were not changed before the next customers were seated at that booth. That in itself is a gross error on the part of any restaurant. Out of a 1 to 5 I give them a 1. We will not be back for a second chance.

Gil Daue

Hamburger Steak

October 27, 2011

Good eats

They have big omelets and thick bacon. I have never eaten lunch or anything but breakfast there. I have always enjoyed their food. The servers are usually really good. they do employ some people who sometimes seem like they cant speak…
March 6, 2010

Very large breakfasts.

I liked Hale's. The breakfasts were huge and they were so very good at keeping the coffee cup full, which I really appreciate at a breakfast place.

11/22/2017

A diner from Portland, OR tried Idea Sushi in Hillsdale.

11/20/2017

A dining patron from Renton, WA tried Jin Jin Deli in Montavilla.

11/18/2017

A dining patron from US tried Don Pedro.

11/18/2017

A diner from Fairview, OR tried Asia Kitchen in Gresham - Rockwood.

11/16/2017

A diner from US tried Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant in Gresham - Rockwood.

11/15/2017

A dining patron from US tried Chez Jose in South Burlingame, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Eating there since 2001 and just love it. Huge portions, great helpful staff and a community supportive establishment.
Comments
Everything is delish!
11/11/2017

A Japanese food lover from Portland, OR tried Shoko Sushi.

11/11/2017

A Mexican chowhound from Bonney Lake, WA tried Super Torta in Woodstock, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/10/2017

A diner from Edison, NJ tried Mandarin House in Old Town - Chinatown, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Authentic Northern Chinese food
Cons
Music
11/07/2017

A diner from San Jose, CA tried Al-Hawr Portland.

Soups Lunch Breakfast

Hale's Breakfast & Lunch  Restaurant Reviews

Hale's Breakfast & Lunch is located near the cities of Alameda Beaumont Wilshire and Hillsdale.
People found this by searching for: Jennings Lodge, Oregon Restaurant, Hales Milwaukie Menu, Hales Milwaukie, Hales Milwaukie Hours, Hales Restaurant Milwaukie Oregon, Hale's Restaurant Milwaukie Menu, Hale's Restaurant Milwaukie Oregon, Hale's Restaurant Milwaukie, and Hale's Restaurant In Milwaukie Oregon.