Hale's Breakfast & Lunch

Neighborhoods: Jennings Lodge
Cuisine: Soups, Lunch, Breakfast

Hale's Breakfast & Lunch is a Soups, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

• 12/31/2014

A dining patron from Seattle, WA tried it.

gilsd1 photo

gilsd1

Milwaukie, OR

Dinner at Hale's Restaurant Milwaukie, Oregon

My wife and I are always searching for new restaurants to have dinner at. We just found out that Hale’s Restaurant is now open several times a week for dinner. A couple of our neighbors have raved about the restaurant so we decided to give it a try for dinner. To put it lightly we were not impressed. We went there on a Friday night and the place did have some patrons but it was not overly busy. We sat down and the waitress that seated us asked if we wanted coffee and my wife told her she did so she pored her a cup and left without asking if she would like cream. It took several minutes until anyone else passed by that we could ask for cream. After about 15 minutes our waiter finally came to our table to take our order. My wife ordered the Reuben sandwich and I ordered the Hamburger steak well done with baked potato and salad. Well our dinners came but where was my salad that should have been there long before the main course. The waiter said he would bring one now and I told him it was a little late for the salad but he brought it anyway. My wife’s Reuben had a fair amount of pastrami on it but was loaded down with sauerkraut which she had to scrape most of it off. My Hamburger steak was at best medium well (not the way I eat them and not the way I ordered it). Finally after a wait a waitress came by and we asked her to get our waiter for us. She left and the waiter showed up several minutes later. I showed him the steak and he said he would get me a new one. After it was cooked he brought it out but now my baked potato was cold so he went back and got me a new hot one. We were not charged for my meal but I would have rather enjoyed the meal and paid for it. One last thing is the coffee cups are left on the table open side up between customers. My coffee cup which I did not use remained on the table during our whole meal. A couple in the next booth to us did not drink coffee but the coffee cups were not removed while they ate and were not changed before the next customers were seated at that booth. That in itself is a gross error on the part of any restaurant. Out of a 1 to 5 I give them a 1. We will not be back for a second chance.

Gil Daue

Hamburger Steak

October 27, 2011

Good eats

They have big omelets and thick bacon. I have never eaten lunch or anything but breakfast there. I have always enjoyed their food. The servers are usually really good. they do employ some people who sometimes seem like they cant speak…
March 6, 2010

Very large breakfasts.

I liked Hale's. The breakfasts were huge and they were so very good at keeping the coffee cup full, which I really appreciate at a breakfast place.

9/21/2017

A dining patron from Ridgefield, WA tried Tulip Pastry Shop in St. Johns.

9/20/2017

A Mexican chowhound from US tried Poncho's in Laurelhurst, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

9/17/2017

A dining patron from Portland, OR tried Ichiban Japanese Restaurant in Cedar Hills - Cedar Mill, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
When ordering sushi one may have to wait a while, yet the quality is worth it.
9/16/2017

A diner from Portland, OR tried Ichiban Japanese Restaurant in Cedar Hills - Cedar Mill, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

9/16/2017

A Thai chowhound from Portland, OR tried King Curry Thai Cuisine.

9/14/2017

A Soul Food food lover from Portland, OR tried U-Licious Smokehouse & Bbq in King.

9/13/2017

A Chinese food lover from Portland, OR tried Panda Express.

9/12/2017

Ianma tried BJ's Restaurant & Brewery in Hayden Island.

Pros
Amazing. From walking in to walking out. 10 stars from food to service.
9/11/2017

A Mexican chowhound from Camano Island, WA tried Don Pedro Mexican Food in Gresham - Rockwood.

9/11/2017

A Mexican food lover from Portland, OR tried Poncho's in Laurelhurst.

Soups Lunch Breakfast

Hale's Breakfast & Lunch  Restaurant Reviews

Hale's Breakfast & Lunch is located near the cities of Alameda Beaumont Wilshire and Hillsdale.
People found this by searching for: Hales Milwaukie Menu, Hale's Restaurant Milwaukie Menu, Hale's Restaurant In Milwaukie Oregon, Hale's Restaurant Milwaukie, Hale's Restaurant Milwaukie Oregon, Jennings Lodge, Oregon Restaurant, Hales Milwaukie, Hales Milwaukie Hours, and Hales Restaurant Milwaukie Oregon.