Hale's Restaurant

Cuisine: American, American (New), Breakfast

Hale's Restaurant is a American, American (New), and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Friendly waitresses and staff and good family food."
  • 6/25/2015

An American food lover from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/19/2014

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 8/19/2014

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it.

• 7/09/2014

An American chowhound from Seattle, WA tried it.

• 4/11/2014

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 2/27/2014

Pros
    Friendly waitresses and staff and good family food.
  • 1/10/2014

• 9/21/2013

An Italian chowhound from Easton, PA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Harky photo

Harky

Portland, OR

Overpriced ~ Blah food ~ Long Wait ~ Terrible Service

We are new to the area and thought this must be a great restaurant judging by the full parking lot and the lobby full of people waiting to be seated. It was our 1st and last meal at Hale’s. Don’t waste your money.

danald photo

danald

Forest Grove, OR

Bad food & Rude service

This place just gets worse and worse. I was there on a Sunday night during dinner hour in the bar which I have returned to occasionally because the atmosphere is rather pleasant. NEVER AGAIN! I had to send my salmon meal back to the kitchen because the fish was spoiled (all 3 people at my table tried it and agreed it was disgusting). After doing this without making a scene the bartender came out of the kitchen yelling at me from across the room “that’s our salmon, there’s nothing wrong with it!” attracting the attention of what few other customers she had. One person who I was eating with had shrimp and scallops in his dish and he said the scallops were borderline but I think he was afraid to send it back at that point and took most of it home for his cat.

She continued to be rude to me in every possible way and EXTREMELY solicitous of the men in my party, I presume because she expected them to pay and therefore leave the tip.

In the past I have noted VERY slow service and mediocre food but I have never been yelled at, anywhere for a complaint (which by the way is very rare for me to complain to the server about the food).

I noticed that on a day they should have plenty customers there was a noticeable lack of clientele. Something needs to be done by management such as teaching servers the customer is always right and upgrading the food and having a minimum time a person should be seated before being served. And NEVER yell at or argue with a customer! If this can’t be addressed than they deserve to loose all their business

blackened salmon fettucini

Spoiled fish treated with something that gave it a chemical flavor.

December 17, 2012

bad food bad service-This place just gets worse and worse. I was there on a Sunday night during dinner hour in the bar which I have returned to occasionally because the atmosphere is rather pleasant. NEVER AGAIN! I had to send my salmon…

4/18/2017

A Mexican chowhound from Hillsboro, OR tried Juan Colorado Mexican Restaurant and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

4/02/2017

A dining patron from Cornelius, OR tried Juan Colorado Mexican Restaurant.

3/11/2017

A diner from Hillsboro, OR tried Ichi Teriyaki 24 in Central Hillsboro, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

3/05/2017

A chowhound from US tried Hillcrest Cafe & Catering and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

1/25/2017

A dining patron from Beaverton, OR tried Pho Gabo in Sommerset West- Elmonica South, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

1/20/2017

A dining patron from Hillsboro, OR tried Gengis Khan Grill.

1/04/2017

A Japanese chowhound from Cornelius, OR tried Ichi Teriyaki 24 in Central Hillsboro, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

12/31/2016

Andreamt tried Shari's Restaurants in Cooper Mountain - Aloha North, liked it, and rated it . Andreamt liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Food was good
Cons
The server his name Jeff. I asked for a Boston cream pie and he went on to tell me it was not very good and kind of lacking in flavour, when I asked for NO bread his response was is it an allergy thing or just you don't like bread, also went on to tell us
Comments
Thank you for dinner it was great though
12/23/2016

12/04/2016

A diner from Hillsboro, OR tried Kokiyo Teriyaki, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

American American (New) Breakfast

Hale's Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Hale's Restaurant Hillsboro, Hales Restaurant Hillsboro Menu, Hale's Restaurant Hillsboro Or, Hale's Restaurant Menu, Hales Restaurant Hillsboro, Hale's Restaurant Hillsboro Menu, Hales Hillsboro, and Hales Restaurant In Hillsboro, Or.