Half Moon

Cuisine: American, Lunch, Breakfast

ELopez560 photo

Yonkers, NY

Barely Satisfied

Overall, my experience at Half Moon was descent. I went on a Friday night at around 9pm. It was extremely crowded, especially by the bar area, but not necessarily at an uncomfortable level. Although I had reservations, it took about a half hour for my date and I to be seated. The service was prompt and pleasant and the food arrived quickly. However, for such a nice and expensive restaurant, I was extremely turned off by the brown paper table clothes they had draped over every table. My guess is that they used them to save themselves the time and money of washing and replacing fabric cloths. Their were indeed fabric cloths underneath, but I wasn’t about to make a big deal of taking the paper off in front of my date.

The ambiance of the place is superb, but who wants to have a candle lit dinner with fine entrees over a brown paper bad? The idea is just ridiculous. Not to mention the menues looked like something that came out of my home printer. I think Friendlies had a more sophisticated menue than this place. The live music was fine and everything else was great. It’s definitely a great place to bring a date for the atmosphere and the view. However, make sure to ask for fabric table cloths when you make your reservation.

December 26, 2006

Cafeteria Food, Amateurs Serve, View Romantic

The staff is made up of 100% unexperenced ("this is my first job") , very attractive local high school girls who are given the task by the management of explaining the weakness of the kitchen and the long waits to overpriced patrons ,…
September 10, 2004

Terrible 30th Birthday

I went to dinner here for my 30th birthday. It took the waiter 10 minutes to even acknowledge our presence (we were seated outside). We were a party of 4 and we had to ask for utensils and water and butter! Then, I ordered a pina colada. …

American Lunch Delivery
  • Chart House gift cards are available in $20 to $200 denominations, and can be ordered through the restaurant's website.

Half Moon  Restaurant Reviews

• 7/31/2016 A diner from Bayside, NY tried it.

• 6/27/2016 A diner from Bronx, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/05/2015 A diner from Bronx, NY tried it.

• 4/13/2015 A diner from New York, NY tried it.

• 6/20/2014 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

Half Moon is located near the cities of Hastings On Hudson, Ardsley, Irvington, Hastings On Hudson, and Palisades.
People found this by searching for: Blue Moon Dobbs Ferry Ny, Half Moon Restaurant Prices, Half Moon Restaurant New York, Half Moon Restaurant Hastings, Half Moon Restaurant Ny, Half Moon Restaurant Dobbs Ferry Ny, Half Moon Restaurant Dobbs Ferry, and Blue Moon Dobbs Ferry.