5231 Ballard Ave Nw
Seattle, WA 98107

Hattie's Hat

Neighborhoods: Adams
Cuisine: American, Burgers, Sandwiches

Hattie's Hat is a American, Burgers, and Sandwiches restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

jwbnyc photo

jwbnyc

Seattle, WA

Best Bloody in Ballard?!

Being a spicy food maven, I’m always skeptical about ordering a Bloody Mary in Seattle. I was encouraged by the introduction of the Firehouse Mary by the Hi-Life (at the site of the Ballard Firehouse). But it seems become a bit less potent over the years.

I’m embarrassed to admit that I made my first visit to Hattie’s Hat after 10 years in the neighborhood. It’s definitely an old-time Ballard establishment. It makes nearby Madame K’s look like the Ritz instead of the old-time brothel its decor is meant to evoke. (I’m pretty sure some of the stuff in Hattie’s is left over from when it was a brothel.)

I went in skeptical and I came out smiling. The smile was certainly helped by the two excellent Bloodies, but the food was a nice surprise, too. We really enjoyed the vegetarian black beans & rice and the fish tacos. Pub food, to be sure, but fresh and tasty. Definitely get some cole slaw, if you like that sort of thing. The salsa was refreshingly spicy to boot.

As a caveat, I ordered my Bloody ‘extra-spicy’ from Brady, who works Sunday brunch. I can’t vouch for any of the other bartenders.

Fish Taco Plate

Nice little tacos with fresh cabbage and nicely spicy salsa. The cod wasn’t great – about average for pub food.

Vegetarian Black Beans & Rice

Tasty and filling dish at a good price. That salsa gives it a nice little zing.

Bloody Mary

Ordered extra spicy, this was the pièce de résistance. So nice, I had to try it twice!

American Burgers Sandwiches
Mon-Fri 03:00PM - 02:00AM (Bar)
Sun 08:00AM - 02:30PM (Restaurant)
Sun 05:00PM - 10:00PM (Restaurant)

Hattie's Hat  Restaurant Reviews

Hattie's Hat is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Hattie Hat Seattle, Hattie's Hat Menu, Brunch Menu At Hattie Hat, Hatties Hat Ballard, Hatties Hat Mrnu, Hattie's Hat Seattle, Hattie's Hat, and Hatties Hat.