1902 Green Bay Rd
Evanston, IL 60201

Hecky's Barbecue

Neighborhoods: Evanston
Cuisine: Barbecue, Southern/Soul, Catering

Hecky's Barbecue is a Barbecue, Southern/Soul, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Pros
"Not friendly fries were hard and for a large order of rib tips The gave me 20 fries, the bread had a strange smell, asked for extra sauce in those tiny containers and they wanted to charge me a dollar for each? Was a little irritated at that point because"
  • 5/14/2017

A Barbecue chowhound from Glenview, IL tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Duke442 photo

Duke442

Skokie, IL

Bait and Switch

So I get an e-mail coupon that Hecky’s sent me for ribs for $10. I drive from Lincolnwood to buy them and when I present the coupon, I am told that they are out of ribs but you have the chicken wings that are also on the coupon. How does a rib place run out of ribs and why are they still open if they have no ribs. I get home and place an order for three slabs of ribs on the phone. They tell me they will be ready in 15 minutes. So they are pulling a bait and switch. They just lost a 25 year customer! I will never go there again!

MarkWoods photo

MarkWoods

Hoffman Estates, IL

Hecky's - It's the sauce!

Hecky’s is the best BBQ in the North/Northwest suburbs of Chicago. I often make the drive at lunch from Northbrook to get the half chicken, the ribs, or the rib tips. The meat is smoked, cooked to perfection, and slathered in that great Kansas City style sauce. I think Hecky’s is still a carry-out only operation, but there are plenty of nearby parks (with water fountains for hand-washing).

_erica_ photo

_erica_

Columbia, SC

Mediocre barbecue, but better than local competition

We often get Hecky’s takeout when we’re visiting family in Evanston. It’s pretty decent barbecue — nothing worth writing home about, though, since we live in the South where barbecue is a serious art form.

The ribs are good. The red beans and rice are made well, although only available as a side they could realistically be a whole meal. All the food is fairly average — but since we’re in Chicago, there isn’t much barbecue to compare it to. You won’t be amazed, but you aren’t likely to be completely disappointed.

Baby Back (Full Slab)

Cooked nicely and well-coated in sauce.

Sweet Potato Pie (Slice)

A bit cloying and the crust was soggy.

Red Beans n Rice (1/2 pint)

Cooked perfectly and robust flavor without being overly spicy. Good alternative for vegetarians, or side dish for anybody.

3/19/2019

An American food lover from Evanston, IL tried Bill's Drive-in in Evanston, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Great food
3/12/2019

A Coffee & Tea chowhound from Skokie, IL tried Backlot Coffee.

1/31/2019

A diner from Chicago, IL tried Thai Peppers in West Rogers Park, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Thai Peppers closed over 10 years ago. Used to go there with my brother for the lunch and dinner buffet. The owner was very friendly and was always good to his customers.
12/28/2018

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried Sher Main Grill.

10/22/2018

An American food lover from US tried Ted's Restaurant in Evanston.

9/16/2018

A Family Fare chowhound from Chicago, IL tried Clarke's in Evanston.

7/18/2018

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried Bill's Drive-in in Evanston.

6/18/2018

A diner from Marengo, IL tried Sushi Burrito.

6/01/2018

An American food lover from Chicago, IL tried Sarkis Grill in Evanston.

4/24/2018

A Coffeehouse food lover from Solon Springs, WI tried Cafe Mozart in Evanston.

Barbecue Southern/Soul Catering
Mon-Thu 11:00AM - 09:00PM
Fri-Sat 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Sun 02:00PM - 08:00PM

Hecky's Barbecue  Restaurant Reviews

Hecky's Barbecue is located near the cities of Skokie, Rogers Park, Niles Township, Wilmette, and West Rogers Park.
People found this by searching for: Heckysbarbecue, Heckys Evanston Menu, Hecky's Evanston Menu, Hecky's Menu Evanston, Hecky's Evanston, Heckys Barbecue Restaurants Nearby My Location, and Heckys Barbecue Evanston.