Hernandez' Hideaway Restaurant

Cuisine: Mexican, Lunch, Breakfast

Hernandez' Hideaway Restaurant is a Mexican, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"The feeling we were somewhere in Wyoming, not at all near Escondido."
"Cheese enchilada pie is delicious!! Food comes piping hot like Mexican food should be. Good service"
"Kid friendly- great Margaritas "
"The Margaritas and food were excellent. Ambiance especially Awesome. Haven't been for awhile. Hopefully soon."
"Friendly service, great atmosphere. Always have a great time. Shrimp burrito, rellenos, and tacos are my favorites."
"Kathy waitress"
"Friendly-adorable tacky-good food-we will definitely go back. PL from encinitas"
Cons
" None."
"None that I can remember."
Comments
"Just take it as it is and enjoy!"
"No"
  • 10/17/2017

A dining patron from Milwaukee, WI tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/15/2017

A Mexican food lover from Pomona, CA tried it.

• 8/12/2017

A Mexican chowhound from San Marcos, CA tried it.

• 8/11/2017

A diner from San Diego, CA tried it and liked it.

• 5/28/2017

A Mexican chowhound from San Diego, CA tried it.

• 5/13/2017

A dining patron from San Diego, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/23/2016

A diner from San Diego, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 10/24/2015

A Mexican food lover from Escondido, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/10/2015

A Mexican chowhound from El Cajon, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
  • 8/11/2015

A Mexican chowhound from Escondido, CA tried it.

mauijosh photo

mauijosh

Del Mar, CA

RUDE & CRUDE

My wife and I went in on a Thursday evening. We sat down at a table in the bar area and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, after approx. 20 mins. some haggard old woman with a raspy voice, who obviously didn’t want to be there, waited on us. She was rude and abrupt while taking our order as if we were an inconvenience We each had a margarita which wasn’t bad, but the food was atrocious, greasy and bland. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting which makes the whole place smells like it. When I got the bill I couldn’t believe it cost just over 50.00, which in my opinion is much too expensive for quality of the food. All things considered, I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Perhaps they should open a kennel.

LindaShon photo

LindaShon

Escondido, CA

LOUSY FOOD, LOUSY SERVICE, RIP OFF

I finally convinced my friends to stop meeting at Hernandez Hideaway. The food is overpriced and just awful, and the waitress’s and bartenders are flat out rude and non-attentive. But the primary reason we stopped going there was that I started keeping track of our meals and drinks and discovered that they were charging us for drinks we didn’t order and actually padding the tab which was already exorbitant. Terrible food, terrible service and getting ripped off on top of it all. Never again.

February 14, 2015

Best margaritas in San Diego
May 31, 2013

My wife and I went in on a Thursday evening. We sat down at a table in the bar area and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, after approx. 20 mins. some haggard old woman with a raspy voice, who obviously didn't want to be there,…

Mexican Parking Lunch

Hernandez' Hideaway Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Hernando's Hideaway Restaurant Escondido, Hernedez Hidaway, Hernando's Hideaway Escondido Ca, Hernandez Hideaway.Com, Hernando's Hideaway Restaurant, Hernandez Hideaway Restaurant, Hernandez Hideaway, Hernando's Hideaway Escondido, and Hernandez Hideaway Menu.