831 Providence Rd
Clifton Heights, PA 19018-2918

Hidalgo

Cuisine: Mexican, Cafe, European

Hidalgo is a Mexican, Cafe, and European restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

• 8/14/2013

A diner from Landenberg, PA tried it.

DAnne photo

DAnne

Upper Darby, PA

Wonderful experience!

I was one in a party of 6. Service was prompt, friendly and very gracious. All of our questions about the menu were answered and there were many specials offered and described in such a way that you wanted to order each one. The food was Fantastic! The margaritas were perfect. There was even entertainment when the owner/server/bartender sang at the end of our meal before thanking us all for coming. It was a great experience!!! Will definitely be going back.

19050 photo

19050

Phila, PA

A tasteless waste of time

Hidalgo … a tasteless waste of time. We arrived in good spirits, excited to find a local Mexican restaurant close to home. We sat down in the cramped but cozy restaurant and waited. We were not greeted by a soul for over 20 minutes. After speaking to the owner, she sent a server over. I ordered chicken fajitas and my girlfriend ordered steak. The server was so busy chewing her gum she didn’t even bother to ask how she wanted the steak prepared. My girlfriend offered medium rare and the girl left. A different server walked over with chips. We had to reiterate our drink order as we still had not received the requested water. The owner’s daughter came by to speak with us. She claimed they needed money because they didn’t have any food. It is a shame they feel the need to have their daughter begging to customers when she obviously has food. Contrary to what many of the reviews stated the food actually didn’t take that long. Unfortunately the fajitas were tasteless and the steak overcooked. A different server stopped to ask how the food was. My girlfriend requested they take it back as it was terrible and remove it from the check. The server told us she had to ask the manager, owner. The owner came over in a tiffy and took the plates and told us to just go. She proceeded to actually ask some of the other customers how their meal was and then went into the back slamming plates. She actually followed us out of the store yelling at us telling us to have a better attitude and claiming that the staff was working hard. I have been to restaurants and have seen staff working hard – here there were hardly working. Save yourself the time and frustration, try Don Memos in Darby – great food and I have never gotten yelled at.

Chicken fajitas

The food was bland and the portions small for the area. I loved Mission Burrito before it closed – this place was more expensive, smaller portions and terrible service.

Mexican Cafe European

Hidalgo  Restaurant Reviews

Hidalgo is located near the cities of Primos Secane, Aldan, Primos, Secane, and Upper Darby.
People found this by searching for: Hidalgo 19018, Hidalgo Clifton Heights, Hidalgo Clifton Heights Pa, Hidalgo Restaurant Clifton Heights Pa, Hidalgo Springfield Pa Images, Hidalgo Restaurant Clifton Heights, Hildaldo Soringfield, Pa, and Hidalgo's Restaurant, Clifton Heights, Pa.