Higs Restaurant

Cuisine: Buffet, American, Cafe

Higs Restaurant is a Buffet, American, and Cafe restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal.

Overall
Pros
"Good service "
"e.g. apple pie, fast service, kid-friendly, etc...price on ticket was different than what cashier ranged up. "
"Catfish , salad bar & assortment of deserts"
"The food was excellent. "
"Catfish "
"Y"
"Food was very very good....."
"Me and my choir dined sufficiently and we hope to be there tomorrow"
"When my church family had to go sung in Jackson, we stopped at the restaurant to eat and they served us great hospitality of service and gave us the best service. We will be back again"
"Good food"
"Nice very friendly"
"Variety"
"Friendly and the food is always fresh"
Cons
"e.g. slow service, under-cooked food, loud, etc...pricing "
"The service was not so good. Had trouble getting drinks, then when I needed a refill no one around. When I got to the machine there were four workers standing around talking. "
"H"
"Nothing"
"Nothing"
"too much variety"
"Older building. "
Comments
"H"
"Great Job"
jannyjan photo

jannyjan

Arvada, CO

THE MOST HORRIBLE FOOD I HAVE EVER TASTED

To begin with, the place was dirty. The bathroom stunk & was filthy. I had the buffet. The fried chicken dripped grease, but the inside was dry as it could be. The vegetables were terrible. A lot of it was COLD. The deserts had no flavor. The wait staff were RUDE. I was with family and had to eat it because we were traveling through the town of Milan Tennessee. Stay away from this rat trap!!!!!

hodge photo

hodge

Milan, TN

Welcome Gone Badly Wrong

This place should be shut down by the Health Department!…I had a visitor from Chicago, who wanted some good Tennesse BBQ og Catfish (a Southern staple)…I took her to the Hig’s restaurant in Milan, Tn., for some “home cooked” food…BIG MISTAKE…As we entered, we were met with a foul smell coming from the restrooms…We were shown to our table, witch was sticky from the Buss Boy cleaning it with a nasty rag…When the waitress finally arrived to take our drink order, she naturally assumed that we wanted to eat off the buffet. We asked her for a menu, instead…after a short time, the waitress returned with our beverages (water} and menus which were sticky and wrinkled…After viewing the menu, we decided to try to eat from the buffet, since they had both BBQ and Catfish…Another BIG mistake!…The meats were COLD…I’m not talking tepid…COLDNOT below 40 degrees cold and certainly not above the 150 degree level…We also tried to eat the salad bar…The iceberg lettuce (no other choice) was so finely chopped that it looked like coleslaw…Anyway, we didn’t eat much, obviously…When I went up to pay for our $7.95 apiece “meal”, I thought I’d do the owner a favor by letting them know that ,perhaps, they were having trouble with their hot table…I was basically called a liar and told to go somewhere else, next time…I certainly will, Lady…And I apologized to my out of town friend for the experience…we went home and ordered a pizza…

Michael Hodge
731-613-1788

BBQ, Catfish

TERRIBLE…don’t go there!

Buffet American Cafe

Higs Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 7/24/2016 A diner from US tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/16/2016 A diner from Alamo, TN tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 6/26/2016 A diner from Humboldt, TN tried it.

• 6/16/2016 A diner from Milan, TN tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/30/2016 A diner from Bruce, MS tried it and liked it.

• 5/06/2016 A diner from Paris, TN tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Fresh hot food, good price & friendly staff!
  • 5/03/2016 Teresas2 tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. Teresas2 liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Higs is a great small town restaurant where you get Southern home cooking for a decent price. The wait staff is friendly and attentive. Always a good choice when in Milan!
    Comments
    Wednesday the restaurant features a Ribeye Steak Special. The steaks are incredibly tender, and your meal includes their tasty salad bar. Best steaks in the county!
  • 3/20/2016 A diner from Martin, TN tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Good service
  • 3/17/2016 A diner from Dyersburg, TN tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 3 stars. They didn't like the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 3/12/2016 A diner from Mayfield, KY tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

People found this by searching for: Higgs Milan Tn Hours, Higs Milan Tn, Higgs Restaurant In Milan Tennessee, Higgs Milan Tn, Higgs Restaurant, Higs Restaurant, Higs Restaurant Milan Tn, and Higgs Restaurant Milan Tn.