Hoban

Cuisine: Korean, Asian

Hoban is a Korean and Asian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pros
"Use to go there all the time before renovation then food was ok but now it's awful can't believe people still go there, as korean person this place embarrasses me to call that korean food. Want good korean food go to dong yang in hilltop. It's small but l"
  • 3/03/2015

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

BananaWoo photo

BananaWoo

Minneapolis, MN

Korean a la Strip Mall

I’ve heard mixed reviews about this place, but from my experience Hoban serves up some of the best Korean in Minnesota. I think you should trust me on this one. I can say with 99% certainty that you’ll enjoy what Hoban has to offer.

Located in Eagan, Hoban has made its home in a small strip for over 15 years. Surrounded by a McDonald’s, Domino’s delivery, and a gas station, the area seems unusual for a restaurant of this nature. However, just this summer they closed down (I almost had a heart attack) for renovation and expansion sake. It was closed for 3 months (longest 3 month of my life!). The dining area almost tripled in size and they got new booths. I guess the strip mall is treating Hoban well. To me this means the place is worth a visit, even if it is a little out of the way.

Banchan (a Korean meal tradition) is served with every meal. It typically consists of Kimchee, potatoes, kongnamul (bean sprout salad), and other pickled vegetables. The appetizers at Hoban are great. I would highly recommend trying a couple, or at least the Man Doo. Man Doo is a small fried dumpling filled with beef and vegetables. You can’t really go wrong here. I also recommend the Bin Dae Tuk which is a Korean-style soybean pancake cooked with green onions and carrots.

I can’t pick a favorite dish, because it’s all good to me. I guess at the top of my list would be the dolsot bibimbob and the kimche bokum. Two very traditional Korean dishes that both possess a lot of favor, texture and visual appeal (see pics!).

The owner (Kim, as they call her) is very sweet and truly loves her restaurant and her restaurant supporters. We have had some minor problems with service, but in the end I’m just there to bliss out on some Korean food. If the server isn’t super fast it’s not a big deal to me, but I understand that it may be to some.

So, what else can I say? Hoban is good food. The selection is great and true to its origin. Go there and tell them I sent you. Just kidding…but do actually go there.

MNGirl photo

MNGirl

Burnsville, MN

Good Food, Rising Prices

I love the Kalbi at this restaurant and have used it to introduce many friends to Korean food. However, prices have risen significantly over the last 4 years so I’ve had to stop going often.

Kalbi Bulgogi

navelinski photo

navelinski

Blaine, MN

Best Korean Restaurant in the Twin Cities - No Kidding!

I absolutely love the food, the atmosphere, and the people at Hoban. They have the best Korean food in the entire Twin Cities area – and believe me – I’ve tried them all. My favorite items is on the weekday lunch buffet – Bulgogi with Rice Cakes. YUM! We drive 32 miles to go to this great little restaurant. If you are anywhere in the area, you’ve got to try it. I don’t know any other restaurant where the owner gives me a big hug every time she sees me!

Bulgogi with Rice Cakes

Absolutely love the Bulgogi with Rice Cakes.

Champ Pong

My husband loves the Champ Pong noodles. Spicy Squid with vegetables and noodles. He always says that it it doesn’t make him sweat, it isn’t spicy enough – and Kim (one of the owners) makes sure they make it extra spicy just for him.

March 3, 2015

It's gotten so bad, awful sides no taste. I can't believe people still go there. I can make better korean food then this place, you want to eat great korean food go to dong yang at hilltop.
March 13, 2013

I ordered one order of Spicy wings and one order of Tuk Bok ki to go. I specifically told them no egg, no sugar, no meat. While I was picking up the food from the restaurant, I asked them again to make sure I got the right food(no meat, no…
July 17, 2012

After 20 years of continued service to our family, and soooooo many buffet lunches and many dinners, Hoban has consistently and delightfully served our family. Our children have literally been raised on their food since they were wee…

Korean Asian Dinner
Tips
  • Entrees come with kimchi, a spicy fermented cabbage, and as many as 10 tiny additional side dishes (called panchan).
Sun-Sat 11:00AM - 09:00PM

Hoban  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Hoban Korean Restaurant, Hoban Restaurant, Hoban Korean Pricing, Review Hoban Eagan, Hoban Restaurant Prices, Kimchi Bokum, Hoban Prices, and Hoban Eagan Menu.