Hoban

Cuisine: Korean, Asian

Hoban is a Korean and Asian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pros
"Use to go there all the time before renovation then food was ok but now it's awful can't believe people still go there, as korean person this place embarrasses me to call that korean food. Want good korean food go to dong yang in hilltop. It's small but l"
  • 8/09/2017

A dining patron from Saint Paul, MN tried it.

• 3/03/2015

A Korean chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

BananaWoo photo

BananaWoo

Minneapolis, MN

Korean a la Strip Mall

I’ve heard mixed reviews about this place, but from my experience Hoban serves up some of the best Korean in Minnesota. I think you should trust me on this one. I can say with 99% certainty that you’ll enjoy what Hoban has to offer.

Located in Eagan, Hoban has made its home in a small strip for over 15 years. Surrounded by a McDonald’s, Domino’s delivery, and a gas station, the area seems unusual for a restaurant of this nature. However, just this summer they closed down (I almost had a heart attack) for renovation and expansion sake. It was closed for 3 months (longest 3 month of my life!). The dining area almost tripled in size and they got new booths. I guess the strip mall is treating Hoban well. To me this means the place is worth a visit, even if it is a little out of the way.

Banchan (a Korean meal tradition) is served with every meal. It typically consists of Kimchee, potatoes, kongnamul (bean sprout salad), and other pickled vegetables. The appetizers at Hoban are great. I would highly recommend trying a couple, or at least the Man Doo. Man Doo is a small fried dumpling filled with beef and vegetables. You can’t really go wrong here. I also recommend the Bin Dae Tuk which is a Korean-style soybean pancake cooked with green onions and carrots.

I can’t pick a favorite dish, because it’s all good to me. I guess at the top of my list would be the dolsot bibimbob and the kimche bokum. Two very traditional Korean dishes that both possess a lot of favor, texture and visual appeal (see pics!).

The owner (Kim, as they call her) is very sweet and truly loves her restaurant and her restaurant supporters. We have had some minor problems with service, but in the end I’m just there to bliss out on some Korean food. If the server isn’t super fast it’s not a big deal to me, but I understand that it may be to some.

So, what else can I say? Hoban is good food. The selection is great and true to its origin. Go there and tell them I sent you. Just kidding…but do actually go there.

MNGirl photo

MNGirl

Burnsville, MN

Good Food, Rising Prices

I love the Kalbi at this restaurant and have used it to introduce many friends to Korean food. However, prices have risen significantly over the last 4 years so I’ve had to stop going often.

Kalbi Bulgogi

navelinski photo

navelinski

Blaine, MN

Best Korean Restaurant in the Twin Cities - No Kidding!

I absolutely love the food, the atmosphere, and the people at Hoban. They have the best Korean food in the entire Twin Cities area – and believe me – I’ve tried them all. My favorite items is on the weekday lunch buffet – Bulgogi with Rice Cakes. YUM! We drive 32 miles to go to this great little restaurant. If you are anywhere in the area, you’ve got to try it. I don’t know any other restaurant where the owner gives me a big hug every time she sees me!

Bulgogi with Rice Cakes

Absolutely love the Bulgogi with Rice Cakes.

Champ Pong

My husband loves the Champ Pong noodles. Spicy Squid with vegetables and noodles. He always says that it it doesn’t make him sweat, it isn’t spicy enough – and Kim (one of the owners) makes sure they make it extra spicy just for him.

5/05/2018

A Vietnamese food lover from Saint Paul, MN tried Que Viet Village House II.

3/18/2018

A dining patron from Rosemount, MN tried Brianno's Deli-italia, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
The pizza was made with fresh ingredients and it was really good. The staff were very friendly, too!
3/10/2018

A Steakhouse food lover from Port Orange, FL tried Stuart Anderson's Cattle Company - Eagan.

3/03/2018

A Pizza chowhound from Minneapolis, MN tried Papa Murphy's, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

3/02/2018

An Italian chowhound from US tried Piada Italian Street Food.

2/13/2018

A Steakhouse chowhound from Shakopee, MN tried Stuart Anderson's Cattle Company - Eagan.

2/05/2018

A dining patron from Minneapolis, MN tried Hong Wong Restaurant.

11/06/2017

An Asian food lover from Blooming Prairie, MN tried Hong Wong Restaurant.

11/04/2017

A Chinese food lover from Minneapolis, MN tried China Gourmet.

10/21/2017

An American food lover from Minneapolis, MN tried Doolittles Air Cafe - Eagan.

Korean Asian Dinner
Sun-Sat 11:00AM - 09:00PM

Hoban  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Hoban Korean Restaurant, Hoban Eagan Menu, Hoban Prices, Hoban Menu, Hoban Restaurant Prices, Hoban Eagan, Kimchi Bokum, and Review Hoban Eagan.