3401 Se Belmont St
Portland, OR 97214-4246

Hoda's Middle Eastern Cuisine

Neighborhoods: Sunnyside
Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Lunch, Mediterranean

Hoda's Middle Eastern Cuisine is a Middle Eastern, Lunch, and Mediterranean restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Kris503 photo

Kris503

Portland, OR

Attractive interior, helpful staff, good falafel

Very fast service, pleasant staff, and good food. I also liked interior.

Falafel

Tasty and filling.

karey1980 photo

karey1980

Delightful!

This was my first visit to Hoda’s, and I’ll definitely be back. The atmosphere is comfortable and relaxed. The decor is tasteful and colorful. The space is bright and cheerful.
I had a very difficult time choosing what to order – everything sounded so good! There are many vegetarian options, and I’m certain the chefs would be happy to accomodate special requests.
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I had expected up to 6 people in our party, and they were very cordial when only 2 other people showed up. I was uncertain if I would like one of the menu items, and they happily brought me a sample to try before I ordered.
This place is great! The street parking was tricky the Tuesday evening I was there but I love the bohemian neighborhood.

Grilled Vegetables

A large platter of grilled mushrooms, cauliflower, eggplant, (maybe other vegetables?) surrounding a bowl of hummus. This dish was absolutely delicious. I woke up this morning wishing I could have more. It may have a garlicky flavor? I’m not a culinary expert, sorry.
The dish tasted really fresh, and the staff told me they make their hummus in-house. I’ll be back to order this dish again soon.

Baba ghanoush appetizer

I was very hesitant to order the baba ghanoush because when I’ve ordered it elsewhere it’s either really good or really bad. Trust me, Hoda’s is really good. They make it in-house fresh and you can taste the difference. You get a smallish bowl topped with a pool of olive oil and garnish, and a very large pita round to dip. It was excellent!

LobeliaToadfoot photo

LobeliaToadfoot

Hoda's Middle Eastern Cuisine on Belmont

Everything was delicious, and it was hard what to choose from, so in addition to an appetizer of vegetarian stuffed grape leaves, I ordered the Vegetable Mezza, which is a whole bunch of appetizers: tabouleh, hummas, baba ganoush, beans, and falafel. Also, the service is very friendly and helpful. When we asked about baba ganoush, they brought out a generous sample. We had constant refills on pita bread.

Vegetarian Mezza

This was actually numerous appetizers, and all were excellent. I especially liked the falafel (which was hot, and this was a rainy evening in December) and the baba ganoush. The tabouleh, for that matter, was really different from what I’ve gotten out of a box: it was all green stuff with diced tomatoes and cabbage.

4/03/2020

A dining patron from Bronx, NY tried McDonald's in Northwest District and liked it. They liked the food.

3/31/2020

A dining patron from Beaverton, OR tried Ernesto's Italian Restaurant in Raleigh West, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

3/30/2020

A Chinese chowhound from Portland, OR tried The Chiam Restaurant in Cedar Hills - Cedar Mill.

3/28/2020

An American chowhound from Wailuku, HI tried McDonald's in Northwest District and liked it.

3/28/2020

A diner from US tried El Tapatio Restaurant in South Tabor.

3/28/2020

A dining patron from Beaverton, OR tried The Chiam Restaurant in Cedar Hills - Cedar Mill and liked it.

3/27/2020

A dining patron from Beaverton, OR tried Wan Q Restaurant in Cedar Hills - Cedar Mill, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
really good food
3/25/2020

A diner from Forest Grove, OR tried Sushi Mioga.

3/25/2020

An Asian chowhound from Fairview, OR tried Asia Kitchen in Gresham - Rockwood, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Best fried wonton around. Love their sweet and sour sauce. The spare ribs are excellent.
Cons
I first ate here in the 1970's, when the area was middle class. It is not a great area now, BUT the restaurant is right on a main street. It was never a fancy Chinese restaurant but I love the food and the take-out is good.
3/19/2020

A dining patron from US tried McDonald's in Hollywood and liked it.

Middle Eastern Lunch Mediterranean
Mon-Thu 11:00AM - 09:00PM
Mon-Thu 11:00AM - 09:30PM
Sat 12:00PM - 09:30PM

Hoda's Middle Eastern Cuisine  Restaurant Reviews

Hoda's Middle Eastern Cuisine is located near the cities of Alameda Beaumont Wilshire and Hillsdale.
People found this by searching for: Hoda'S Middle Eastern Cuisine Reviews, Hoda's Happy Hour Portland, Interior Of Middle East Restaurant, Hodas Portland, Middle Eastern Restaurant Interior, Middle Eastern Restaurant Interiors, Hoda Restaurant, and Hodas.