4299 Watson Rd
St Louis, MO 63109

Hometown Buffet

Cuisine: Buffet, American, Vegetarian

Hometown Buffet is a Buffet, American, and Vegetarian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 10/29/2015

A Buffet food lover from CO tried it.

• 3/10/2013

A diner from Detroit, MI tried it and liked it.

Jessg photo

Jessg

St Louis, MO

hometown buffet watson rd shrewsbury

My follow-up review for this restaurant. Read my previous review for this restaurant here

Buffet

I hated it . I FOUND THIS REPLY ON CRAIGSLIST PRETTY MUCH TRUE I really doubt you went to the hometown buffet in Shrewsbury as you failed to mention some key ingredients about Shrewsbury’s Hometown buffet. And most importantly you failed to mention the 4 foot 6 inch OLD messycan woman that eats STRAIGHT off the buffet as if she was grazing at a food trough.

Oh yeah, you would have noticed her she ALWAYS sits next to the buffet and wears a light blue jacket. The staff all know her by name. How do I know this? When I went to the Male Manager and complained he thanked me for informing him about “what ever her name is” and told me that she does that often. He acted all concerned when I told him to throw the whole pan of food out. He did but was reluctant. Then the bitch had the balls to give me the evil eye. I didn’t care because she ended up knocking her evil eye off onto the floor which was nasty. (Okay I lied about that part but the workers know and sit with her at “her” table.)

I went back one other time after that to see if they had “reigned” in this renegade buffet trough eater and they hadn’t. NASTY, this time I had them throw two trays of food out.

So IF you really ate at hometown buffet in Shrewsbury I think you would have complained about the trough eater old woman. I can handle bad food, I WILL NOT TOLERATE NASTY PEOPLE.

ozarktheater photo

ozarktheater

Saint Louis, MO

Hometown Buffet Shrewsbury

Hometown Buffet is an attractively priced buffet, (about $11 for dinner a little less for lunch) the food is consistently good, the facility better than average in terms of cleanliness and there is a considerable variety on the buffet. I’ve gone there for almost 20 years and have never been dissatisfied. The help has ALWAYS been courteous.

Several previous writers have written terribly unjust , negative reviews. They call the patrons “idiots.” The writers are unrealistic; they seem to expect the Presidential Dining Room for $11. In this respect they may not be idiots but they are certainly fools.

If you are looking for a better than average meal, all you can eat of the dishes you like best on the buffet and a very fair price Hometown Buffet is the place to go.

If you are looking for a white tabled, gourmet, plush setting with soft live music, tuxedo clad waiters, valet parking and a first rate wine list, and you only want to spend $11, go back to sleep and dream.

RayH photo

RayH

Saint Louis, MO

hometown buffet watson shrewsbury st louis mo

The worst dining at a buffet. Ever!!! We did not go to Ponderosa because we thought they would be better. Horrible!!! The food and selection were awful.

What roast beef they had was old and dried up. It was served to me by the manager!! Unreal!
The chicken soup was terrible. The chicken was terrible. The orange chicken was terrible. The steak was terrible.
I went up for new roast beef later as I didn’t eat the dried piece. There was still none out. I asked the manager and later they put some out and it was horrid.

All the while he kept checking the temperature of this old dried up pure turd with a thermometer.
Where do they find such inept people? I would have been embarrassed by my product if I were him, yet he was smiling.

The dessert however was fine. This cost $23.07 for two people. In light of actually eating little else, we did our best to eat $23.07 worth of cookies and pudding. I don’t think we succeeded.

I did not speak with the management about it because they obviously thought this was acceptable.

I will not recoup my $23.07 but will allow myself to be comforted by the fact that in the way of poor reviews cost them far more.

In conclusion if you feel like eating crap among idiots I strongly recommend the Hometown Buffet in Shrewsbury!!

12sunshine photo

12sunshine

St Louis, MO

Workers should be more knowledgeable about the food

I asked the employee who was serving the selected meats 12/08.

• Was the fried fish being served classified as one with scales/or without and what was the name of this type of fish?

He and another worker responded by saiying “It’s FISH — that’s all I know — It’s FISH.” (laughing..)

I then requested a manger -- the male employee raised his voice to yell to the manager --- asking about the fish. The manager softly responded by saying it’s Whiting.

This information was necessary when considering bibilical dietary restrictions. This is why I believe workers should be educated about the food they are serving…..

Buffet

Good — no problem

Buffet American Vegetarian

Hometown Buffet  Restaurant Reviews

Hometown Buffet is located near the cities of Saint Louis, St Louis, East St Louis, East St Louis, and East St Louis Township.
People found this by searching for: Hometown Buffet St. Louis, Hometown Buffet Restaurant, Buffetts In 63109, Hometown Buffet, Old Country Buffett Watson Road, Hometown Buffet St Louis Prices, Old Country Buffet On Watson, Country Buffet Watson, and Hometown Buffet St Louis.