1238 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02138-3820

Hong Kong Restaurant

(Between Harvard St and Plympton St)

Neighborhoods: Mid-Cambridge
Cuisine: Chinese, Lounge, Private Parties

Hong Kong Restaurant is a Chinese, Lounge, and Private Parties restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

winslow757 photo

winslow757

Cambridge, MA

Sure it sucks, but at least it's open

It’s open really late. And if you’re drunk it’s a great destination for a heaping pile of sesame chicken and crab rangoons. If you’re craving greasy Chinese food this place will satisfy that craving. If you’re looking for something more, I’d keep looking.

Sesame Chicken

There was a lot of it! But I don’t know if I could handle it sober.

Crab Rangoons

Portions are generous. And anyway these things are difficult to mess up.

slavaco88 photo

slavaco88

New York, NY

Horrible food at twice the price it is supposed to cost!

Horrible food at twice the price it is supposed to cost!

jbb61389 photo

jbb61389

Cambridge, MA

Unprofessional customer service and dismissive racists

A waitress of your staff was rude to me the moment she sat us down at our table. She was very short in her conversation, not friendly, unavailable for service several times, and had a negative attitude. She placed the bill on our table, but never returned to collect our credit card. Since my party and I had to catch the Harvard Shuttle, we decided to pay at the front counter, instead of waiting on her to return to collect our credit card. Upon approaching the front register, she stopped us, and blocked us from going any farther, as if we were attempting to leave without paying; until she saw that we had the receipt holder in our hands. At this moment, I told the hostess at the front of the restaurant that the particular waitress had treated us rudely, and that she assumed that we were going to leave without paying, gesticulating and frowning at us threateningly. Her actions seemed to reflect an alarmed instinct when she saw us walking toward the register near the restrooms, not the door.

At this point, I spoke with the “Manager”, because the hostess shortly and rudely told me to speak with him, not her. He held both my arms, as if to apologize for the incident. However, he did not apologize for the incident, and when I asked him to please not touch me, he responded to my comment with a homophobic insult saying that he “would not touch me”, because “he did not want to make love to me”, and continued to go on about not wanting to touch me “like that”, when I never asked for him to touch me in the first place. He was completely dismissive, and overlooked the issue, which repeatedly showed all three employee’s inaptitude in customer service. I will make sure to boycott this restaurant, and to tell my friends of the subtly racist and homophobic treatment I felt there. I will not support establishments with bad customer service, and that expect its customers to accept discriminatory treatment, without complaint. I will never dine in this restaurant for the rest of my one and a half year left in the Cambridge area, and will persuade my friends to avoid this establishment altogether, even as a last resort.

Chinese Wine Served Lounge

Indian in North Cambridge

Wok N Roll Restaurant

Chinese in North Cambridge

Hong Kong Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Hong Kong Restaurant is located near the cities of Jericho, Harvard Square, Somerville, Mid Cambridge, and Allston.