8843 Pacific Ave
Tacoma, WA 98444-6474

Hong Kong Restaurant

Neighborhoods: South End
Cuisine: Chinese, Pan Asian, Fast Food

Hong Kong Restaurant is a Chinese, Pan Asian, and Fast Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"e.g. apple pie, fast service, kid-friendly, etc...the food is good and there is always lots of it. Always take home for another meal."
"Food is always fresh made, friendly service, decent prices, always have some left to take home!"
"the family dinners, or the list of dinners served with group of dishes. This is one of favorite places to go when I am in Tacoma"
"Great"
"food and service"
"Food and service always excellent!"
"Their food is very good and it is hot when it gets to your table. They give you plenty of food also. I have been going there for over 35 years and will continue to so. "
"The food was ok some food items not hot...service was slow..price food was little high..portions small.ALWAYS ASKING FIR REFILL ON DRINKS. BE NICE IF THEY WAS ON POINT TREAT ALL CUSTOMERS SAME EQUAL..IT BE GREAT..OVERALL ITS OK "
"Love the chow main"
"Great food, fast service"
"the tea was hot and water was fresh. "
"Food is excellent, drinks are excellent. Love love love the servers!!!!! They are wonderful and always remember us. Favorite place for chinese food in Tacoma! The highlight is the consistent taste and quality of food over the years! Thank you for tha"
"Best chinese food in Tacoma! "
"Love the food & service"
"Almond chicken, beef fried rice."
"Awesome food!"
" Been there many times & the food is always good. However I lost 2 $25 gift cards there 30 the of Jul, Wed & am trying to reach them. Wish they had "Contact Us" on this webpage. Carole"
"Everything was fresh and amazing. Best Chinese we've ever eaten!"
"Quick service, wide variety"
Cons
"When they first open, regulars surge in, so sometimes owner is alone, and might forget a table, but just catch her attention, and she responds."
"we have been coming here since I was a kid. we love this place but not sure if we will return again. we were seated by the old fish pond and was left there for over 20 minutes before my husband had to go ask for someone to take our order. then when our fo"
Comments
"Plan on spending a few minutes to order, especially if they are busy. Worth the wait!"
"Lovr the place!"
"We bring all of our out of town guests to the Hong Kong because we know they will enjoy the same quality and taste that we have. Our family is large and we all come to the Hong Kong."
  • 2/10/2019

A dining patron from Tacoma, WA tried it.

• 1/23/2019

A Chinese food lover from Puyallup, WA tried it.

• 12/16/2018

A Chinese chowhound from Tacoma, WA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 10/25/2018

A Chinese food lover from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 10/14/2018

A dining patron from Auburn, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 10/13/2018

A dining patron from US tried it.

• 10/03/2018

A Chinese food lover from Tacoma, WA tried it.

• 7/29/2018

A Chinese chowhound from Tacoma, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
  • 7/12/2018

A Chinese chowhound from Auburn, WA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and didn't like the service.

• 7/06/2018

A diner from Tacoma, WA tried it.

kflannagan photo

kflannagan

Great Place!

The food is great both in quality and quantity. The wait staff is always friendly and willing to go the extra mile! Love eating here!

130. Chicken Chow Mei Fun

GoodTaste69 photo

GoodTaste69

Spanaway, WA

Retraction - The Dumpster Moved Inside

My wife and I have been eating at the Hong Kong for about 25 to 30 years and it WAS our favorite Chinese Restaurant. The last time we ate there was in Dec, 08 until today. SOME THING HAS CHANGED and not for the good. The food did not taste anything like my wife and I remembered. I have to say I am sorry but asianfoodcritic is absolutly correct this is some of the worst Chinese food I have ever eaten and I will never recommend this restaurant to anyone ever again.

gdub78 photo

gdub78

Awesome

This is the BEST chinese food in Tacoma. It’s the only place I go. Everything is awesome.

Egg Foo Young

AWESOME

asianfoodcritic photo

asianfoodcritic

Absolute worst!

This restaurant is by far the nastiest tasting chinese food i have ever had. Whoever gave this restaurant such a high rating is a damn idiot or the owner…. never eat at this restaurant. I would give them negative stars if it were possible.

General Tso's Chicken

The dish did not look appealing in any way. too sweet. soggy chicken. and the sauce also gave me an upset stomach immediately after eating.

September 11, 2009

Hong Kong Restaurant is the best by a mile.

Hong Kong Restaurant has been our favorite for many years now. The servers are friendly, the portions are large, and the food is wonderful. The waitresses there have even taken time to help our boys try to use chopsticks. The service…

Chinese Dinner Pan Asian

Hong Kong Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Hong Kong Menu, Hong Kong Restaurant, Tacoma Wa, Hong Kong Restaurant Tacoma Menu, Hong Kong Restaurant In Tacoma, Wa, Hong Kong Restaurant Menu Tacoma, Hong Kong Restaurant Tacoma Wa, Hong Kong Restaurant Near Me, Hong Kong Restaurant Tacoma, and Hong Kong Restaurant Tacoma, Wa.