7419 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60634-2139

Hortex 2

Neighborhoods: Dunning
Cuisine: Polish, European, American

Hortex 2 is a Polish, European, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

runningbee photo

runningbee

Des Plaines, IL

Warm Lounge with fantabulous food!

Driving down Irving Park Road, you would never really notice this restaurant. Looks small on the outside, but it’s nice and cozy on the inside. Like one of the other reviewers noted, the colors accent the place very nicely and the furniture makes you feel at home and able to relax. Very cozy and warm, lounge type of restaurant.

My friends and I really did not have much planned one night, so we decided to drive around until we found a place. We stumbled upon this restaurant and I must say I have never had such a great time.

I have been there a couple times since (first time they were having drink specials, and let’s say you can’t ind places to beat the amazing $5 martini). Whether it’s for dinner, or just to grab a couple drinks I would highly recommend this place for a good and relaxing time with some friends.

Waiting staff is great, they cater to your needs and make you feel comfortable, totally relaxed. The food is above and beyond your expectations. Very large portions, so you can doggie bag (which made a nice lunch the next day!) an along the lines of food, for the portion you get, it’s pretty CHEAP, now that’s what I call a deal!

Like I mentioned I have been there a couple times, and haven’t had any disappointment, and will recommend this place to anyone and everyone I know.I will hopefully try all the food that is on the menu, thus far the soups are amazing, especially the red borscht plain and with dumplings or croquette ( a crepe filled with either sauerkraut or meat, lightly breaded and fried, topped off with cheese and green onion!) There is a huge selection of food, whether your looking to satisfy you rsweet tooth (sweet cheese crepe’s, fruit filled pierogis or crepe’s, ice cream, homemade pies, and plenty more.)

I heard that these drink specials is something they might do once a month, which is great with our economy right now… and I am looking forward as to what will be planned there. I also heard that they may be bringing a DJ in once a week or some kind of deal, which should be exciting and I will definitely check it out when I find out, and keep people informed on that too.
:-)

Pierogis

The Pierogi’s are phenomenal!! one of my favorite dishes, and they come in so many different varieties which make it more exciting, because I must say you can’t find this anywhere else!

And the price is for 12 pierogis, your chocie of Russian (potato and cheese), spinach, mushroom/sauerkraut, meat, fruit flavors, and sweet cheese!!

Homemade pie

I’m a huge fan of desserts, and I have never came across such rich and decadent desserts., as well as authentic and homemade for sure.

The apple pie was made ala mode, which was just melting goodness in your mouth. There is a layer of graham cracker crust topped with sliced apples and filling, layered with a meringue and strudel.

The cheesecake was so rich, it was with orange zest which just compliments one another so well. I have never had cheesecake like this but the aroma was great. they also had one with raisins that I tried, and I must say, authentic yumminess polish cheesecake!

JB300K photo

JB300K

Aurora, IL

Hortex 2 - Comfortable Posh Lounge - Great Food!

I’ve recently been to the Hortex 2 to try my hand at the European food I’ve heard so much about there. It was a cold December night, and the moment I walked in… my entire perspective changed.

This place is beautifully decorated with warm accents everywhere. I was more comfortable in the first two minutes than I have ever been at any restuarant ever. There is a nice lounge area, open seating with a spacious bar. The staff are extremely friendly, and the food – SPECTACULAR!! The barszcz ( beet soup ) cannot be beat anywhere in Chicago. It warms the soul. The pierogi’s are not your typical pierogi’s as they are over stuffed and they have flavors not available everywhere. I reunited with some old friends that night that I hadn’t seen since high-school and we stayed comfortably until 1 am. The staff was in no rush to get us out, and remained extremely friendly the entire time. My friends and I asked the waitress if they had considered turning the restuarant into a lunge/club atmosphere after dinner hours and to our surprise they said yes! I can see this place going far quickly once this happens. The atmosphere can be summed up as Comfortable Posh. You can show up in Jeans and a button down ( for the guys ) with a nice pair of dress shoes and be comfortable all night long. Apparently the bar owner has made arrangements with a local DJ we happend to know of. He usually plays a great mix of music from trance to lounge chill to TOP 40’s. CANNOT WAIT!

BARCSZS

Best (Borscht ) in Chcago!

yumm88 photo

yumm88

Chicago, IL

This place amazed me! What an amazing time :)

My sisters and I like to have our girls night out atleast twice a month. We would go to the same place and it just wasnt fun anymore. So we decided, why not try something new. One of my sisters lives right by Harlem Irving Plaza- (Harlem and Irving) and she heard about this place from a co-worker- we’ve never had polish food so we decided to check it out.

They dont really have any big advertising- so it was a little difficult to find- but it was all worth searching for ;). When we opened the door, the warmth of the interior colors, and the lighting, and the funky decore, was perfect! A cute blonde waitress approached us, very sweet, she welcomed us, and sat us near a nice little private corner. we explained to her we’ve never tried polish food, she was so excited to explain the menu to us, and porpose us with their specialties. We each ordered martinis, (which were fabulous!) and for dinner My sisters ordered Hungarian Potato Pancakes, ( 3 fried potato pancakes, topped with a slightly spicy meaty sauce, cheese, and green onion. the meat was so tender in the sauce, yummy!) and the other had a mix of Spinach and Sauerkraut Pierogi! the pierogi are like dumplings stuffed with anything youd like! they had so many varities it was hard to choose from. And here comes the best part- I have some stomach problems, so I asked the waitress what is something not too heavy on the stomach that she would recommend. She excused herself for a moment, and brought out the Chef! The Chef asked if I was allergic to anything, and If I had a specific taste for anything that night. I explained what I can and cant have, she went off to the kitchen and prepared such a fabulous meal made to order! I thought that was so kind, ive never had such wonderful service!

We stayed ’til closing, and they were in no rush to kick us out. Just before we were getting ready to leave, the owner approached us and invited us back, explaining that they have drink specials and a DJ playing once or twice a month. Were so excited to have our sisters night out again! We had such a wonderful time, we have recomended this place to all of our friends and family and we try and make it atleast once a month!

Nata photo

Nata

Chicago, IL

Best Home-Made Food Ever!

The place is hard to find but very suprising when inside. The decore is loungy and cozy with a great outdoor area (s a huge boat!) I started off with a mushroom soup and it was delicious, very polish authentic, also stuffed mushroom caps which were also very good. For my entree i asked the chef to suprise me and she came out with a chicken marsala homemade mashed poptatoes and a great mushroom sause. This was the best comfort food i had in ages. i highly reccomend trying hortex 2, they also have alot of great events wor spending a perfect night out on a weekend night, the martinis are amazing, and can be made to order. You really feel like you’re at home when dining at Hortex 2.

veghead9 photo

veghead9

Huntley, IL

A Great Place For A Night Out

I recently visited Hortex 2 for the first time with my friends a few weeks back, and I have to say It is one of my favorite restaurants to go to. From my first step inside the door I noticed how nice and elligant the atmosphere of the restaurant was. It is spacious with comfortable seating all throughout the restaurant. The waitresses and servers know how to treat their guests and are there to help you at any time during your stay. And the food is just amazing. I’ve had some of the best meal’s and appetizers I’ve ever had in my life at Hortex 2.

This restaurant is a perfect place for a nice, relaxing night out of food and drinks with friends and family. I highly recommend it to anyone. In the coming weeks a buddy of mine will be having a DJ gig there for both dinner and drink parties, which will make the night even more spectacular than it is.

yomama photo

yomama

Best Polish Food Ever

This cute little restaurant and lounge located on Irving Park just 2 blocks West of Harlem is the perfect place to gather with friends or family for dinner or drinks.

I planned a girls night out starting there so that we could have our fill of Polish favorites before painting the town red. What started out as a few drinks with dinner practically ended up being our whole night! We had such a great time in the comfortable atmosphere, the service was wonderful and the bartender made the best drinks! We all ordered something different from the menu on the pretense of sharing but once we dug into our food no one wanted to let go of their Pierogis, Hungarian Potato Pancakes, Breaded Pork Chops and etc. Of course as full as we were that didn’t stop us from ordering one of their delicious desserts! We ended up staying practically till closing time and vowed to come back to have a great night with the girls (or more) again soon!

Hungarian Potato Pancakes

This dish was excellent! It’s 3 large crispy potato pancakes topped with spicy Hungarian Goulash, cheese and green onions. Huge portion!

Ambrozja

Delicious ice cream dessert! Vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream topped with fruits, nuts, raisins whipped cream and syrup served in a wine glass – so cute and so good!

HORTEX 2 Polish Great Atmosphere.
Cxjiyiz5gr3bfzaby-eeth

Mexican in Edgewater

Hot Woks Cool Sushi

Eclectic in Irving Park

Hortex 2  Restaurant Reviews

Hortex 2 is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Hortex 2, Hortex Restaurant, Dj Hortex Chicago, Dj Hortex, Hortex 2 7419 W. Irving Park Road, Chicago., Hortex Chicago, Hortex 2 Chicago, Hortex Restaurant Chicago, and Chicago Restauracjahortex.