200 Convention Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70801

Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge

Neighborhoods: Garden District
Cuisine: Creole

Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge is a Creole restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

sugar520 photo

sugar520

Baton Rouge, LA

Good place for drinks but not for food

Colleagues and I had lunch at The King Bar and Bistro a week or so ago and I have to say it is a great place to sit, have a drink with friends maybe have a snack but this is no place to have a meal. The menu stated that it was chef inspired but I can tell you it was not cooked by a chef. I should have been clued in that the food might be less than inspiring when a very nice man that worked in the hotel came by our table a few times telling us how great the food was. The flavors were muddled at best and there was no balance in any of the dishes I had. Our table started off with a charcuterie plate, which was good. The plate consisted of slices of a decent salami, chopped pieces of tasso and mild tasting pate as for the cheese there were cubes of swiss, pepper jack and cheddar and these were of the variety that are pre-cubed and purchased in a bag. Chef inspired is not quite what I would call this fare. I had the shrimp and grits and from the description on the menu it sounded great, sauteed shrimp with spices over creamy Gouda cheese grits topped with tasso jam. Sounds great right? To start with the dish was cold and I had to send it back, once the dish was hot I had high hopes, the shrimp were cooked nicely and were big and plentiful, the Gouda grits were lacking Gouda for one and were oddly watery and separated but what was really the downfall of this dish was the so called tasso jam. There was no tasso that I could discern but it was rather a sweet vinegary chutney type relish. The “jam” would have been good if there was a lot less of it and had the grits been rich and creamy to offset it’s overpowering taste. Overall no one at my table of 5 thought they would come back for an actual meal. This is a great location and the atmosphere is very nice so maybe they could get a chef to do more than inspire but maybe actually taste some of the food that they serve.

shrimp and grits at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge

shrimp and grits

Downtown Drinks Creole

From CityGrid:

IHG One Rewards. It's better to be a member. Join IHG One Rewards to unlock benefits that will immediately enhance your next stay. Book hotels direct at hotelindigo.com for our lowest rates. You won't find these prices anywhere else. Welcome to the historic Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge, where you'll find a world of discovery in the heart of downtown. Step out and explore the State Capitol and Old Governor's Mansion along with theaters, restaurants, and nightlife. We offer complimentary bikes for invigorating rides around the city, or you can choose to stroll along the Mississippi River or around the lakes at the Capitol. The adjacent neighborhoods of Spanish and Beauregard towns offer streets lined with Grand Oaks and the glorious shade of wraparound porches. Indulge in delicious Cajun and creole cuisine at our King Bar & Bistro, or venture out to explore the many other restaurants within walking distance.. Enjoy cozy,airy and inviting guestrooms with oversized beds,plush bedding and throw pillows,as well as hard-surface flooring with area rugs and spa-inspired showers. Stay connected with free wireless internet access directly in your room and throughout the hotel property - and twenty-four hour business services. Recharge at our Fitness Studio with cardio equipment and free weights or relax with a signature cocktail and locally inspired dish at our on-site casual gourmet restaurant and bar. Oversized Bed,Oversized Pillows,Hardwood Style Flooring and Area Rugs,Spa-Style Shower,Welcoming,Wide-Open Foyer,High-speed Internet Access

• Join IHG One Rewards. It's better to be a member. Book hotels direct at ihg.com/hotelindigo for our lowest rates. You won't find these prices anywhere else.

Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge  Restaurant Reviews

Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge is located near the cities of Capital Heights and Fairwoods.
People found this by searching for: Hotel Indigo Restaurant Baton Rouge, Indigo Shrimp And Grits Baton Rouge La, Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge, Is There A Good Restaurant On Sherwood Forest Blvd. Baton Rouge La. And Phone, Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Menu, Hotel Indigo Restaurant Baton Rouge Menu, Indigo Restaurant Baton, Hotel Indigo Menu, and Hotel Indigo Restaurant Baton Rouge, La.