350 George St
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-2010

Hotoke

Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Catering

Hotoke is a Sushi, Steak, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 11/02/2014

A diner from Newark, NJ tried it.

MAW photo

MAW

Spotswood, NJ

Manhattan Asian Cuisine in New Brunswick

When I first walked into the restaurant I was very impressed with the look of the restaurant. It was as though we stepped off George street into a trendy Manhattan bar. A large restaurant with candles on all the tables & a huge Asian statue. The tall bamboo trees growing out of water with fish swimming around were also quite impressive. The place was empty at 5:30 on a Friday night and we were expecting a speedy meal. The service was less than awful. We placed our order & I could feel my stomach eating itself waiting for our chicken dumpling appetizer. When it finally did come up there were only 4 dumplings on the plate that we inhaled. The dumplings were delicous but I figured the portion size was a foreshadowing for our meal. What felt like an hour later we received our meals. My rainbow roll still wasn’t ready even though it had been ordered almost a half hour before. My coconut soup was absolutely delicious and I finished it to the last drop. The lighting in the restaurant was way too dark for my taste as I dumped almost a spoonful of pepper into my soup! Glad I like pepper! Steve ordered the baby back rings and they were awesome. The meat was falling off the bones & the tamarind sauce was to die for. I am not a rib fan and these were worth returning here and sitting through the awful service. I finally got my rainbow roll and the sushi was fresh and very tasty. The drinks were beyond expensive so a drink a piece about put us into debt. All in all a nice meal in a nice setting but definitely an experimentive try it once type of meal. Not worth returning too unless you just want to sit at the sushi bar and order up sushi favorites.

Chicken Dumplings

These dumplings were quite tasty but the measley 4 they give you are a tease.

Thai Coconut Soup

I ordered this on a whim to be daring & try something different but I was pleasantly surprised. It came out in a big bowl with one of those cool ladle type spoons & after adding some pepper I ate this soup until the very end! Filled with jalapeno peppers, chicken, & vegetables this soup was over and beyond the worth of 6 bucks.

Rainbow Roll

Rainbow Roll is my favorite sushi & I was very impressed with the sushi here. Very fresh and tasty these rolls included 2 rolls with pieces of lobster on top. Definitely worth the 10 dollars.

Baby Back Ribs

My boyfriend ordered the baby back ribs & they were absolutely amazing. They had a tamarind sauce on them and these ribs were so tender that they were falling off of the bones.

Thomas78 photo

Thomas78

Highland Park, NJ

darn good sushi

Very nice sushi and asian restuarant. Plenty of intresting rolls and sushimi. I also like their suki list. It can stink on the weekends though with a bunch of rody kids when there when you’re trying to have dinner, but for the weekdays and lunches it’s very nice.

whole fish

I had a great whole snapper. It was served with this mango salsa and was excellent.

Sushi Bars Downtown Sushi Steak

Hotoke  Restaurant Reviews

Hotoke is located near the cities of Highland Park, Milltown, North Brunswick Township, North Brunswick, and North Brunswick Twp.
People found this by searching for: Japanese Restaurants Near 08901, 350 George Street New Brunswick Nj, Dj Vik Raaz Entertainment, Www. Hotoke Restaurant, Hotoke New Brunswick Nj, Hotoke New Brunswick Reviews, Hotoke New Brunswick, and Hotoke New Brunswick Menu.