20406 Rte-19
Cranberry Twp, PA 16066

Houlihan's

Cuisine: Breakfast, Lunch, Pub Food

Houlihan's is a Breakfast, Lunch, and Pub Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 3/29/2020

A Breakfast food lover from Beaver Falls, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/22/2020

A Breakfast chowhound from Conneaut Lake, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

condimentqueen photo

condimentqueen

Pittsburgh, PA

Chain food with a kick

I am not real big fan of chain restaurants but Houlihan’s is one of the better. This unit is fairly new so it boasts the updated style which is chic and modern VS the older style which you find in Station Square. Although we dined inside there is outside dining available but I am not so sure how inviting it is since it sits along Rt. 19 and all the traffic.

Jumbo Stuffed Shrooms

This dish is huge so plan on sharing it with 2-4 people. You will receive 7 very large mushrooms which have been stuffed with a perfectly seasoned herbed cream cheese. Then they are breaded and fried to a crisp golden brown. The shrooms are rich and filling so make sure you plan to share. Also note that if you are there at happy hour 5-7 and seated at the bar you can get this same dish for 6.00.

Vietmanese Shrimp or Tuna Salad

I ordered mine with the seared tuna which was seared to a rare perfection and thinly slices on top my salad. The salad was a mix of Pean Greens cucumbers carrots all cut in small julienne style strips. Additionally there were Wasabi peas for a nice punch of heat and crunchiness with chanckes of cool mango to counterbalance the heat. It was also to have cashews in the salad but mine came with none. I did ask the server and was given a generous portion for me to add myself. The salad was topped with a bright and clean tasting sweet and sour dressing, which I found a perfect combination.

Julie090 photo

Julie090

Wexford, PA

menu changes

This used to be my favorite place in Cranberry. They took the vegetarian entrees off the menu. If you look at the menu online, you will see that the vegetarian offerings include a salad and a grilled cheese sandwich! I don’t know how they think they will attract veg eaters with that. I haven’t been back since they changed the menu. They have lost one of their biggest supporters, as you can see from my earlier review.

JohnQPublic photo

JohnQPublic

Cranberry Twp, PA

Came recommended but - we will be warning people...

We stopped in tonight for a drink & appetizer at the bar of Houlihan’s in Cranberry Twp at approx. 9 p.m. We were curtly acknowledged by the female bartender who asked if we wanted a drink as though it were a bother for her to get/make one…
I was not even given a chance to voice my selection…which was the same as my wife’s as she turned heel to retrieve my wife’s draft beer without a glance in my direction.
Once I got mine she walked away to chat with another server and came back 20 min later to us with this question “Ya gonna eat??”
Yup – not kidding this is how we were asked what we had decided to order…Seriously?
So then our “Disco Fries” come and the gravy is SO salty we cannot even taste the supposed meat on them…We were not once asked how they were.
Just when she came to get the plate she rudely asked "Ya done?
"
And about more beer…“Ya havin’ another?”
Who trained her on service etiquette & treatment of a customer???…

After our bill came she disappeared and a very pleasant server took her place who was “exptecting” but made every effort the other did not to chat pleasantly with remaining bar patrons and check to see if anyone needed anything, and check us out. This was all well and good but the damage was done by her predicessor as far as a return visit from us.

Our daughter is a bartender/server in the Pittsburgh area and is always grateful to have her midweek patrons and regulars and treats them all with respect and good service.

We live local and will be headed to anyone of the many eating establishments in Cranberry for our next outing and will more than likely steer clear of this place lest we bother anyone there with looking for a drink or possibly a bite to eat with it! Sheeeesh!

momar930 photo

momar930

Pittsburgh, PA

Love the "Small Plates"!

Houlihan’s in Cranberry is currently one of only 9 of the chain’s restaurants to be testing a new concept called “Small Plates”…think, Tapas, and you’ll get the picture. The menu offers over 30 selections to choose from, priced from roughly $3 to $6 per plate for these items. We had a group of 13 of us go to try out the menu and we were all very pleased with the excellent service we received. Our server was very descriptive with each menu selection, and especially good at suggesting dessert options! Everyone opted for 2-4 small plates, and several of us had dessert.

I enjoyed my choices, which included “disco fries” (known as poutine in Canada), a mini spinach dip wth tortilla chips, and a small portion of my favorite thing on Houlihan’s menu—the “Shrooms”. These are always worth the trip alone, in my estimation! The fries were great, covered in a combo of cheese, gravy and shredded pot roast. The dip was very tasty, and the waitress kindly provided additional chips to the friend and I that shared this one. Dessert was fun, too—we finished up with freshly made donut holes with two chocolate dipping sauces, and a small version of creme brulee—again, both great when shared with a friend.

One word of advice…our party was sat by doors on both ends of table, leaving most of us frozen on this cold January day in Pittsburgh. Next time, I will definitely request a table closer to some heat!!

Jumbo Stuffed Shrooms

Love them!! Always good…creamy, rich and delicious!!

Chain Restaurant Outdoor seating Takeout

Houlihan's   Restaurant Reviews

Houlihan's is located near the cities of Cranberry Township, Fernway, Fox Run, Glen Eden, and Seven Fields.
People found this by searching for: Houlihans Cranberry Twp, Houlihan's Cranberry Twp, Houlihan's Cranberry Township Pa, Houlihan's Restaurant Menu Chain, Houlihans Cranberry, Houlihans Menu,Cranberry Township, and Houlihans Menu.