Houston's

Neighborhoods: The Embarcadero
Cuisine: American, Ribs, Vegan

Overall
Pros
"What wasn't great? Everything was excellent! "
  • 6/17/2017

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it.

• 5/14/2017

An American food lover from Oakland, CA tried it.

• 3/30/2017

A diner from Oakland, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/19/2017

An American food lover from Pasadena, CA tried it.

• 3/10/2017

An American food lover from Antioch, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/18/2017

An American food lover from Berkeley, CA tried it.

• 1/25/2017

An American chowhound from Walnut Creek, CA tried it.

• 1/09/2017

A diner from Rohnert Park, CA tried it and liked it.

• 5/17/2016

An American food lover from Hayward, CA tried it.

• 5/31/2015

An American chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

shaomai photo

shaomai

San Jose, CA

BEST RIBS EVER

Ok, whoever rated houston’s 2 stars obviously did not eat the ribs. It is possible that Houston’s other dishes are 2 star quality… but I’ve never eaten anything other than the ribs, and never will. Why would you, as they are the best ribs ever!!! (note title)

Admittedly, I was wary at first. Chain restaurant, kinda pricey, normal american fare… but on a friend’s recommendation, I ordered the ribs. Friend said he’s never seen me devour a plate of food that quickly. Two things to note here:

1) I’ve probably never finished a full rack of ribs in my entire life. I did here at Houston’s.

2) I am a notoriously slow eater and I finished that full rack in less than 10 minutes.

What makes them so good? For me, it’s the fall off the bone quality. I think I ate the entire rack without having to touch one bone with my fingers – the meat just fell right off and you can seriously eat the entire rack with a fork (which also contributed to my ability to eat them so fast). Flavor is excellent too, but I’m sure other restaurants’ ribs taste good, but aren’t as tender and juicy as these!

Everything else about this restaurant I don’t really remember… dessert I remember as being normal, drinks were normal. but the ribs – 5 stars all on their own.

Barbecue Pork Ribs at Houston's

Barbecue Pork Ribs

best ribs ever. period.

American Ribs Chain

Houston's  Restaurant Reviews

Houston's is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, Mission District, , Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: Houston's Restaurant San Francisco Menu, Houston's San Francisco, Houston's Menu San Francisco, Houston's Restaurant San Francisco, Houston's Restaurant Menu San Francisco, Houston Restaurant San Francisco, Houston Restaurant Sf, and Houston's San Francisco Menu.