2208 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109-2312

How to Cook a Wolf

Neighborhoods: West Queen Anne
Cuisine: Northwest, Vegetarian, Vegan

How to Cook a Wolf is a Northwest, Vegetarian, and Vegan restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

jetleigh photo

jetleigh

Seattle, WA

a culinary masterpiece on the hill!

How To Cook a Wolf is a unique culinary experience. There’s been a lot of buzz about this restaurant lately and I’d heard several of my friends talking about it. So we went on a Tuesday evening to check it out. We knew there would be a line as there always is, so we put our name down and went to a bar next door to get drinks and wait. We were seated just over an hour later – they’ll call your cell phone when they’re ready which is nice.

The interior is warm and intimate. Very close quarters and the kitchen is right in front of you as you walk in the door. You really feel like you’re getting a very unique meal with great attention to detail by the chefs. All the dishes we had were delicious and the service was excellent. We also had a nice bottle of Italian wine to go with our meal.

Between 5 people, we ordered 2 pasta dishes and 4 appetizers as well as some bread which was just about right.

Expect to wait if you want to try this place! Get there early, put your name down. No reservations, but you won’t regret it! I’ll be back for more.

Hamachi Crudo

delicious, fresh yellowtail in a lime chili sauce – a great way to start off the meal

Bruschetta

the best bruschetta i’ve ever had…it’s unique for sure – piled high with bits of meat, fennel and other toppings. i think this is probably a must order if it’s your first time here

Seared Albacore

only reason i’m giving it a 3 star is because it wasn’t as unique as the other dishes – still excellent though

Roasted Venison

tasty, juicy

Semolina Gnocchi

amazing gnocchi, probably the highlight of the pasta dishes – creamy, delicious, best to share between a couple of people

Tagliatelli

light and savory pasta dish, perfect to go with some wine, you could make a meal of this dish

chanman photo

chanman

Bellevue, WA

3rd time's the charm!

The restaurant opens Thursday to Monday and it’s dinner only! They do not take reservations, so it’s a first come first serve and it’s street parking.

As you may have read the title… It took us 3 visits to get a table here! The first time, we arrived at 9pm on a saturday night and they told us we were the 4th party on the list and it would be a 2 hour wait time… so we left…

The second time we came here, it was closed….

The restaurant size itself is very small! no more than 50 people, I’m guessing. There is tables and stools….

Tonight it’s finally open!

The menu is very limited. It consists of mostly appetizers which the portions are enough for a small party of four. The main entree have only 4 choices which are pasta dishes.

The wine list is only a 8" X 10" page long… While we were there we tried the ephemere beer which tasted just like apple beer. Is actually really good! It’s not a strong beer either, it’s just enough apple to balance it out with the rest of the beer flavours.

Out of the appetizers we ordered, my favorite ones are the scallop, panini sandwhich (the crust of the bread was toasted so perfect and warm and crunchy!, just right amount of cheese and meat!), beef carpaccio.

And to add, they refill the bread constantly, whenever it’s out you will recieve a new loaf.

TheTripChick photo

TheTripChick

Seattle, WA

I don't see myself returning anytime soon

After reading the mixed reviews, a friend and I tried How to Cook a Wolf this evening for the first time. While it was overall a good experience, I don’t see myself returning anytime soon when there are truly so many other amazing establishments in the Seattle area.

We arrived at about 5:15PM on a Friday evening and got the last table (two of us at a four-top). We each ordered wine by the glass from our friendly and laid-back server. We let him know it was our first time dining there, and he let us know about the small plates and mentioned that most twosomes generally order about three small plates and one pasta to split. We decided on our appetizers: fried almonds, chickpea salad and seared sea scallops; then our pasta: pappardelle with an almond pesto.

The wine arrived with crusty bread and about a half-cup of olive oil for dredging (seriously, too much!). The bread looked fine, but my dining mate mentioned that it would have been nice if they’d sliced each slice all the way through (he ended up having to tear through the bread and ended up, despite his best efforts, inadvertently mangling the entire five-slice hunk). The first plate to arrive was the fried almonds. I may be a complete plebe, but they looked and tasted just like the Marcona almonds currently available at Trader Joe’s. Good, but no bargain at $5. for a small portion. Next came the chickpea salad. The salad combined chickpeas, celery, parsley and golden raisins in a wonderful lemon dressing that just woke up my mouth with it’s bright, vibrant flavor. I was so enjoying the salad that I even ate the celery (I don’t prefer celery, but that’s a story for another day). I could have happily sopped up all the dressing with the crusty bread, had I been able to pull off a chunk. The seared sea scallops arrived next and looked good, but a little bland in the presentation. Two scallops, nicely browned on top, atop a smear of white bean puree, all on a white plate. No arugula or other greenery to break up the whiteness of being. We each speared our scallop and dug in…delicious, nicely salty. Again, a bit of greens would have been a great foil for the dish. Finally, the pappardelle is presented. Oh boy…I am a huge cheese fan (nut, raving lunatic, whatever) but I must admit, I was a bit intimidated by the sheer volume of the freshly grated Parmesan topping the pasta. However, after each of us had taken a portion and began eating, the Parmesan magically melted into the papardelle and added just a hint of gooey goodness. The almond pesto was light on the almond and heavy on the pesto; it had a wonderful, earthy green flavor. The lightness of the sauce perfectly complemented the chewy heartiness of the pappardelle pasta.

We looked at the dessert menu and (again, plebe here) after recognizing nothing even remotely resembling a dessert item (Tomato jam? Might be amazing, but ugh), decided to pass. All in all, it was a good meal and I’d still like to try Tavolata, but I really don’t see myself having a hankering to come back to How to Cook a Wolf anytime soon.

Palisade

French in Queen Anne

Shirley's Queen Anne Bar-B-Q

Family Fare in Queen Anne

5/31/2020

A Dim Sum chowhound from Seattle, WA tried Ocean City Restaurant in International District, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/30/2020

A dining patron from US tried LA Cocina & Cantina in Broadway.

5/30/2020

A dining patron from US tried Jai Thai Broadway in Broadway.

5/28/2020

An American food lover from Seattle, WA tried The Deluxe Bar and Grill in Broadway and liked it.

5/28/2020

A dining patron from US tried I Luv Teriyaki in Georgetown.

5/27/2020

A diner from US tried Buxx Teriyaki in Riverton-Boulevard Park.

5/22/2020

A dining patron from Renton, WA tried Pizza Pi Vegan Pizzaria in University District.

5/20/2020

A Pizza chowhound from Tacoma, WA tried Piccolo's Pizza in University District, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/19/2020

A Pizza chowhound from Kent, WA tried Papa Murphy's in Greenwood.

5/18/2020

A Chinese chowhound from Everett, WA tried Broadway Wok & Grill in Broadway.

Northwest Vegetarian Dinner

Bakeries in Downtown

Remo Borracchini's Bakery

Bakeries in Atlantic

How to Cook a Wolf  Restaurant Reviews

How to Cook a Wolf is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: How To Cook A Wolf Menu, How To Cook A Wolf Seattle Menu, How To Cook A Wolf, 2208 Queen Anne Avenue North, Seattle, Wa 98109 2312, How To Eat A Wolf Restaurant, How To Cook A Wolf Restaurant, How To Eat A Wolf Seattle, and How To Cook A Wolf Seattle.