1026 Alma St
Menlo Park, CA 94025-3313

Iberia Restaurant

Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas, Tex-Mexican

Iberia Restaurant is a Spanish, Tapas, and Tex-Mexican restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

grubalicioussf photo

grubalicioussf

San Francisco, CA

grab tapas and sangria with friends here

I’ve heard and read about people slamming the service and prices here, but when my girlfriend and I went for my birthday lunch there recently, I’ve got to tell you that we were really impressed. First of all, the lay out and decor is really cool. It’s a spacious restaurant with a welcoming, Old World sort of main dining room with ceramic pitchers on the tables and blue and yellow accents. It has two wooden bars with fun high backed booth seats, an indoor fireplace, private lounge with leather chairs and pretty tapestries, a small private courtyard and a large, open patio with heat lamps. There are so many seating configurations to choose from. It’s a very inviting place with a bed and breakfast type of feel.

I was a little concerned to find that it is located across the street from the Cal Train station in Menlo Park – the potential noise factor – but we had a relaxed, enjoyable meal and didn’t notice the trains going by.

We arrived at noon and were the only people there, so we had the entire place to ourselves. As a result, service was dedicated and attentive. My girlfriend and I sat in the main dining room and she sipped on sangria (I took a taste – it was delicious and strong! – and I had a lovely glass of wine while we waited for our food.

Our waitress mentioned that they do a lot of special events. In fact, that weekend, they were closing for a private party of about 125 people. I imagine that this would be the perfect setting for wedding parties and festive business events.

We enjoyed our food, as you’ll see below. I can’t wait to go back and hang out with friends on their patio when the weather gets warmer. I think the ambiance and food are worth the price. The only thing to be forewarned about is that they automatically include 19% gratuity, even for a party of 2 – that was surprising, and I would prefer to have the opportunity to leave a generous tip at my own discretion.

Aguate relleno de gambitas

They describe it as avocado half filled with dressed Canadian bay shrimp and is on their small plate section of the menu but we were pleasantly surprised to receive a large, yummy shrimp salad with avocado. It was loaded with shrimp in a creamy dressing.

pimiento del piquillo relleno de txangurro

A single, tender Rioja pepper stuffed with crab from the tapas menu- two savory bitefuls, one for me, one for my friend. It was really tasty, we wished there was at least one more. There are tons of other tapas dishes that I can’t wait to try.

pollo con higos

This dish came from the main dishes section of the menu and consisted of super tender pieces of chicken fillet sauteed with bacon and Madeira marinated figs. Love the combination of salty bacon and sweet figs, great flavors. It came with white rice and asparagus.

bananagranola photo

bananagranola

Saratoga, CA

delicious tapas, lovely decor and service

The food’s good, but it’s a very cute atmosphere, and that’s what I like most about Iberia. Fireplaces and small tables and big couches. They have some individual rooms and a separate dining room for full meals.

I have always had very good service here. The waiters are very friendly and make solid recommendations. I want to try the paella next.

"deviled dates" filled w/ chorizo and bacon-wrapped

Dates sound kind of strange, I personally don’t like them, but everyone else seems to.

Pimiento del Piquillo

Delicious stuffed Rioja peppers. Not spicy, but very well spiced.

Champinones al Ajillo

Guiltless grilled mushrooms: it’s in olive oil.

Pa Amb Tomaquet i Pernil

Bread and ham, both very high quality and rubbed with tomato. Bread crusty, ham sliced very thin.

Cantimpalitos

Very salty and oily, but tasty in small amounts.

PlaidGirl photo

PlaidGirl

Palo Alto, CA

great tapas and sangria

I love sitting at the old school bar and munching on tapas and sipping sangria. See the list below for some great tapas choices. Funny thing: This place was formerly a British place a while ago and you might find some thing on the tapas menu that reflect that. Be warned that this restaurant adds a 19% service charge to ALL checks not just large parties.

"deviled dates" filled w/ chorizo and bacon-wrapped

excellent bite of heaven

warm cheddar cheese scones

you can’t eat enough of these tiny scones that are a throw-back to the time this place was a british pub-style restaurant

Great setting. The patio is large and they have a great ...

Great setting. The patio is large and they have a great selection on their menu. Spanish tapas are delicious and the paella is great too. They have a good selection of desserts and the sangria is not to be missed!

Aeisner007 photo

Aeisner007

Menlo Park, CA

bad, bad, and overpriced

Tapas are tiny, even for Tapas standards. Ham was stale. Prices were outrageous…..$56 for Paella??? tip mandatory at 19%, but they can’t even pour the wine….stay away and do yourselves a favor
Spanish Tapas Tex-Mexican
Dkwqfcsxmr275babblkses
PlaidGirl

Palo Alto, CA

Ajwumo6ycr4ie0eje4dzty
john

Seattle, WA

Iberia Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Iberia Restaurant is located near the cities of Atherton, West Menlo Park, Santa Clara County, Stanford, and Palo Alto.
People found this by searching for: Spanish Restaurant Menlo Park, Iberia Restaurant, Menlo Park Spanish Restaurant, Iberia Spanish Restaurant, Iberia Tapas Menu, Iberia Restaurant Menlo Park, Iberia Menlo Park, and Spanish Restaurants Menlo Park.