1785 John F Kennedy Rd
Dubuque, IA 52002-5103

IHOP

Cuisine: American, Steak, Coffee

IHOP is a American, Steak, and Coffee restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Cons
"slow service, hair in food, cold food bad food. nothing positive to say sorry"
  • 4/08/2018

A diner from Baldwin, IA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Cons
    slow service, hair in food, cold food bad food. nothing positive to say sorry
  • 3/17/2016

A dining patron from Dubuque, IA tried it.

• 2/20/2015

An American chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Ihop-secret-menu-1024x588

Founded in 1958 in Los Angeles, California, IHOP is perhaps one of the best known and most loved restaurants in the United States. While IHOP continues to be a breakfast powerhouse, they also serve...read more

Espresso-300x200

Half-caf, triple shot, no-foam latte. What the heck does that mean? It’s not as complicated as it sounds once you know how to break it down. Most coffee drinks are some combination of espresso and ...read more

Frustrated photo

Frustrated

Dubuque, IA

Frustrated and disappointed

I have eaten at IHOP in Dubuque IA several times in the past; as well as, one in Coralville IA a few months ago. We have not been to our Dubuque location for years, after bad service. However, the restaurant was remodeled, so we decided to give it a try today. Frustrated and disappointed, is the kindest words I can say. First off, my husband’s soda was flat and it took several minutes for them to bring him another. Then, it was approximately 20 minutes until our food came. My bacon was like eating rocks, and I had ordered hashbrowns (which were included in my meal), on them I also ordered swiss cheese and onion. The person who brought them was not our waitress and I explained to her that I had ordered the swiss cheese and onion on them. She said she would be right back with them. Needless to say, my husband and daughter had both finished their meals, and I was still waiting. I had to ask for them a third time. By the time they came, my eggs and sausage were cold…..and I was very upset!!! The waitress never came back to check our drinks until the end. The “manager” came to our table and said he was “sorry” and had removed the “charge” for them, as well as given us a 20% discount. First of all, there should not have been a charge for hashbrowns that were included in the meal. That infuriated me more, but I kept my mouth shut. Every other restaurant I know of would’ve given the ENTIRE meal free!! This was not the end of it. My husband went into the restroom while I was finishing my meal. He said it looked like someone had wiped “snot” all over it!! Disgusting!! The people in the table behind us also commented on the bathrooms, as well as, the take-home crepes they had ordered several minutes earlier, when they finished their meal. It took over 10 minutes to get them. I have always loved IHOP’s food choices. When I ate at the one in Coralville IA back in the fall, it was absolutely wonderful food and service!!! I guess someone needs to do a better job at our Dubuque location or they will be loosing customers at a high rate!! Needless to say, we did NOT leave a tip…and are usually very good tippers (at least 15-20%).

1. Pic A Pancake Combo

I must say that the Coralville IA makes much bigger pancakes and the food was HOT, not cold or lukewarm.

badly photo

badly

Independence, IA

poor

This was the 2nd time the wife and I ate there. The 1st time I did not have a watch with me and it was a looong time till we received our food, and the floor was dirty. Today (12-17-12) we thought we would try it again. To start the floor was dirty again. Time wise ,from when we was seated till we received our food, it took 24 min. We waited for the tab and it never came, no one checked back to see if we needed anything, so finally we got up and stood by the register and waited to pay and they had trouble ringing it up. I left the cash and told them to keep the change. WE WILL NEVER GO BACK AGAIN!!!!

American Steak Coffee

IHOP  Restaurant Reviews

IHOP is located near the cities of East Dubuque.
People found this by searching for: Ihop, Ihop Dubuque Iowa, Dubuque Ihop, Ihop In Dubuque, Ihop Dubuque Ia, I Hop Dubuque Ia, Ihop Dubuque, and I Hop Dubuque Iowa Menu.