100 S Murphy Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94086-6112

Il Postale

(Near the intersection of S Murphy Ave and W Evelyn Ave)

Neighborhoods: Heritage District
Cuisine: Italian, Romantic, Pasta

Il Postale is a Italian, Romantic, and Pasta restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 7/21/2015

A diner from Salinas, CA tried it.

Pasta-mushroom-300x199

sushilover photo

sushilover

San Jose, CA

My follow-up review for this restaurant. Read my previou...

My follow-up review for this restaurant. Read my previous review for this restaurant here

Penne Baked

Large dish of pasta with sausage, cheese and marinara sauce. I couldn’t tell that the sausages were made from boar meat. They tasted like regular sausages to me. Thumbs up! I would order this again if I have a pasta craving.

shaomai photo

shaomai

San Jose, CA

Cute atmosphere , but my dish was only ok

I’ll have to give this more chances since I didn’t have the crab cake sandwiches or risotto that others seemed to like. I thought the restaurant was very cute — small and painted in a bright peach, it’s very cheerful, a great place to go with friends.

I had the baked penne, which was good… but i feel like for $14, i’ve definitely had better. The wild boar sausage is what attracted me to this dish, but it just tastes like normal sausage (which is probably a good thing anyway). I’m a little picky about my pasta and my sauces which is probably why I didn’t think my dish was spectacular (the pasta wasn’t al dente enough for me, and the tomato sauce was just tomato saucey — i like it more seasoned), but it wasn’t bad by any means. And I really did like the cheese, very tasty and not oily.

I’d give this place another chance. If i worked near here, I’d definitely eat here again and give other things on the menu a try.

Penne Baked

I prefer my pasta to be more al dente, and the tomato sauce wasn’t herby enough for me, but the sausage and cheese were very good.

tulips500 photo

tulips500

sophisticated but not pretentious

il postale is one of the few upscale italian restaurants in sunnyvale that i know of. it’s on the pricey side, but i enjoy frequenting il postale for its risotto (as raved by the previous poster), its ambience, and its location (close to where i used to live in sunnyvale).

for risotto aficionados, the risotto dish here is creamy, al dente, and cooked w/just the right amount of seafood. i love it.

il postale is the perfect date place also – cute, cozy, and fancy enough to make it a special nite out.

i highly recommend il postale.

Seafood Risotto

a bit on the buttery side, but what’s risotto w/o the creamy intensity?

foodbuddha photo

foodbuddha

New York, NY

Gotta try the Risotto!

Il Postale is a nice Italian restaurant in downtown Sunnyvale. They’ve done a great job of creating an excellent atmosphere for all dining experiences. The service is friendly. There’s outdoor patio seating.

I eat here often and I only order the seafood risotto. Thinking about it makes my mouth water!

Seafood Risotto

Seriously, this is the best risotto I’ve ever had. Its all I eat when I go to Il Postale.

mandeelish photo

mandeelish

Santa Clara, CA

You've got postale

Il Postale is a cute little Italian restaurant in downtown Sunnyvale. It’s cozy, with friendly service and a heated outdoor patio.

I’ve only come here for lunches, and only ordered sandwiches. The sandwiches are under $11, but they come with a salad or fries and are pretty filling. The entrees run for a bit more, but not by much.

I usually order the crab cake sandwich, which I love here. It comes with a pasta salad, but I’ll either substitute it for fries (which are thin cut and yummy!) or a house salad. This salad comes in a light vinaigrette with fresh, dark, leafy greens.

I’d like to try this place out for dinner, and try the risotto, next time.

Crab Cake Sandwich

My favorite!

Italian Sausage Sandwich

A little too much meat for me, and I wish the sausages were spicy. Would’ve made it tastier.

JDogg photo

JDogg

Sunnyvale, CA

Come here for pasta and risotto

The entrees are not very good, but you’ll do well to order the pasta and seafood risotto.

Seafood Risotto

The seafood risotto is good, with a hint of saffron flavor. It’s pretty oily though.

Italian Romantic Pasta

llaurich

Sunnyvale, CA
0 useful

Il Postale  Restaurant Reviews

Il Postale is located near the cities of Mountain View and Mt View.
People found this by searching for: Italian Food In Dowtown Sunnyvale, Restaurants 94086 Salad, El Postale, El Postal Sunnyvale, Il Postale Reviews, The Postal Restaurant In Sunnyvale Ca, El Postale Sunnyvale, Il Postale Sunnyvale, and El Postal, Sunnyvale Ca.