4006 Sainte-catherine St W
Westmount, QC

IMADAKE IZAKAYA

Neighborhoods: Westmount
Cuisine: Japanese, Pub, Tapas

IMADAKE IZAKAYA is a Japanese, Pub, and Tapas restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $10 and $25.

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Montréal, QC

da BOMB!

Japanese, Pub, and Tapas don’t look like they should be associated. But at this place, they are. This restaurant takes a different approach to Japanese food. There is no long list of maki rolls and nigiri/sashimi check boxes. Teriyaki sauce? No they didn’t have any of that. The food is served on small plates, tapas style.

On a recent Friday night, the restaurant buzzed with happy people. Our group organizer fetched me from outside and led me to the long table near the open kitchen. At the center tables, there are low stools to sit on, with no back support. Two types of menus were available, plus drink specials were written up on a blackboard, cheerfully illustrated with cartoon avatars of the staff.

Adding to the merry din was a stirring chant, whenever a certain drink was ordered. The staff yelled, “you say SAK-KAY, I say BOMB!” and drummed on the tables enthusiastically. Well you can imagine how often sake gets ordered in a Japanese restaurant! The performance cracked me up every time.

The food! Oh it was scrumptious. Everything I ordered and everything I tasted from other people just burst with flavor. The items come out at different times even when all ordered at once. Unlike traditional tapas I have had, these plates were filling and the hot items were piping hot. The only sour note was a homemade lemon mayonnaise that was much too eggy for me, and tasted really weird. I was able to get a different sauce once the waitress understood that I could not eat eggs.

Service was extremely prompt and pleasant. I would definitely come back here.

Karaage

Fried chicken with homemade lemon mayonnaise. The chicken pieces were boneless, light and crispy.

Komatsu sauce

This was the replacement sauce for the Karaage. It was thick with a strong tamarind flavor, not spicy and not really sweet & sour. It was really different, in a good way. I liked it.

Goat cheese

Four breaded rounds of cheese drizzled with a raspberry sauce. The cheese softened as the round was cut open, keeping its shape and oozing gently without being messy.

Gomaae

I had to have some kind of vegetable with this, and the spinach salad fit the bill. It was very fresh, and well doused with a sesame dressing and plenty of sesame seeds.

Edamame

I had never seen these in the shell. A large bowl of these arrived, they were only dressed with a little salt. You have to squeeze the shells open to get the two little beans out. (Ideally you do this with your mouth, to get the benefit of the salt.)

Burdock

This vegetable was cooked and served exactly like French fries. They were dreadfully salty but really nice dipped in the Komatsu sauce. And just as addictive as potato fries.

Japanese Pub Tapas

IMADAKE IZAKAYA  Restaurant Reviews

IMADAKE IZAKAYA is located near the cities of Pointe Calumet, Outremont, Hampstead, Verdun, and Saint Laurent.
People found this by searching for: Imadake Menu, Imadake Menu Prices, Imadake Menu Price, Izakaya Hampstead All You Can Eat, Imadake Izakaya Menu, Imadake Prices, Imadake Price, Imadake How Much Does It Cost, and Imadake Izakaya.