7989 W Long Dr
Littleton, CO 80123-1245

Imperial Garden

Cuisine: Chinese, Hunan, Szechuan

Imperial Garden is a Chinese, Hunan, and Szechuan restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Looked clean "
"Had the delivery ...great food and good service "
"Food is always good"
Cons
Comments
"Poor food and even worse service. Never going back."
  • 3/10/2018

A diner from Denver, CO tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/13/2016

A Chinese food lover from Denver, CO tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 11/30/2015

A Chinese food lover from Littleton, CO tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 7/23/2015

A Chinese food lover from Littleton, CO tried it.

• 7/19/2015

A diner from Littleton, CO tried it.

• 5/13/2015

A Chinese food lover from Dallas, TX tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Looked clean
    Comments
    Poor food and even worse service. Never going back.
  • 12/06/2014

Pros
    Had the delivery ...great food and good service
  • 11/22/2014

A Chinese food lover from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 10/22/2014

A diner from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Food is always good
    Cons
    None
  • 9/25/2014

fimperialgarden photo

fimperialgarden

San Francisco, CA

Hit and miss, but mostly miss.

I have been to eat in the building and it is decent. Not the greatest on any of my scales but in this neighborhood there isn’t much ste;;ar chinese food available for delivery. Tonight is the third time I have ordered delivery from them. Nothing they deliver is special, in fact most of it is on the Chucky Cheese level for authentic cuisine. Tonight, on a night when there were no special events, no games, no reason for them to be backed up: I ordered my delivery at 6:30 and was told that it would take an hour. Nonplussed at the least, but I would wait. I called at 1:20 after ordering to ask where the food was and they hung up on me. It is now 2 hours later and we just got our food. NOT WORTH THE HASSLE! this food is weak especially because it was cooked over an hour ago. stay away!

13. Hot and Sour Soup

cold.

ovolacto photo

ovolacto

Arvada, CO

Soft tofu and pepper flakes

Despite all of the restaurant choices near the Littleton Town Hall Arts Center, I decided on trying another restaurant a short driving distance away based on reputation and recommendation. Offering Chinese cuisine in Mandarin, Szechuan and Hunan styles and featuring a number of vegetarian specialties, Imperial Garden Chinese Restaurant was my choice for dinner before taking in “Beauty and the Beast” at the Littleton Town Hall Arts Center.

Not familiar with the area, the restaurant was a little difficult to find, but area residents will easily find it just North of Bowles Avenue in the shopping center at 7735 W. Long Drive, Unit 5. The restaurant is cute, clean and attractive. The restrooms were particularly impressive, especially considering what I have run into in recent weeks.

I found the food to be good and a good value. You get a lot for your money. Unfortunately, I ordered fried bean curd and vegetables Szechuan style only to discover that the tofu barely touched the grill, if at all, and the restaurant used the “sprinkle-on” pepper flakes instead of the whole peppers I love. The vegetables reminded me a lot of frozen peas and carrots. So far, the only Chinese restaurant I have found in the city that actually fries the tofu the way I like it and used the whole peppers that make my mouth sing is Szechuan Chinese at 6th and Garrison in Lakewood. If you think you like tofu, or even if you do not, try my favorite tofu “Hunan” style from my favorite restaurant and nothing else “tofu” will satisfy you ever again. Nonetheless, the sauce used at Imperial Garden had a nice, light flavor and the slight hint of heat from the peppers. Most people would enjoy it served this way.

I also began my meal with the “Vegetable with Bean Curd Soup” for $4.50. This is a good soup and an excellent value. I was a bit surprised at the size of the pieces of tofu. They were huge! I am used to mine being diced a bit smaller, but, since it is tofu, the pieces easily came apart under the weight of my spoon. This soup is good and I recommend it either as a start to dinner or as a meal all alone with hot tea or an alcoholic beverage.

Just for fun, I also ordered the “Flaming Volcano” specialty drink that came with two, long straws and was served in a small, ceramic volcano. The drink is served cold and reminds me of the Hurricanes served by Pat Obrien’s in New Orleans. The drink costs $7.50, but there is easily enough for two and you will not need to order another, even if you share.

After dinner, we headed over to the Littleton Town Hall Arts Center for “Beauty and the Beast”. On a Saturday night, I was still surprised to see so many “young” people in the audience, even though the show is aimed at that generation. The theatre is quaint, (fewer than 300 seats), and the show is very well done. Considering the young attention spans in the audience, the show moves right along, with exceptional supporting performances from Ryan Francoeur as “Lumiere”, Carla Kaiser Kotrc as “Mrs. Potts” and Aaron Quintana as “Lefou”. This is a great show and a lot of fun for the whole family. Performances run through December 28.

Szechuan Style Bean Curd

I ordered this because the tofu was supposed to be fried. I do not think it was, or it was not fried long enough. Tofu actually tastes good when fried with whole peppers. This place uses pepper flakes. The dish was a little spicy, but obviously altered for American tastes and not really suited for those who love hot peppers

Chinese Hunan Szechuan

Imperial Garden  Restaurant Reviews

Imperial Garden is located near the cities of Columbine Valley, Bow Mar, Sheridan, Englewood, and Southwest Arapahoe.
People found this by searching for: Imperial Garden Littleton Menu, Imperial Garden Littleton Co, Imperial Garden Chinese Littleton Co Menu, Imperial Garden Littleton, Imperial Garden Menu Littleton Co, Imperial Garden Littleton Co Menu, Content, Imperial Garden, and Imperial Garden Chinese Restaurant Littleton Co.