59 W Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60610

India House

Neighborhoods: Near North Side
Cuisine: Indian, Breakfast, Catering

India House is a Indian, Breakfast, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

justin photo

justin

Full but not satisfied

I feel like India House can be somewhat hit or miss. Sometimes when we come here we’re thoroughly pleased (and always stuffed), but sometimes, like tonite, not quite as much. I’m still stuffed, but I wasn’t that satisified with my dishes – they just seemed like food and weren’t anything special. Perhaps the menu is too diverse and I’m just missing the good dishes. It’s funny because even though it’s a little pricey and we aren’t always consistently happy with all the dishes, we keep coming back…weird. I guess there just aren’t many other Indian places we know downtown.

Lamb Kheema Samosas (2)

The ground lamb and peas were pretty good, but I think I like the veggie one better. I’ll leave meat for the main course next time.

Lamb Ulta-Pulta

I’m not even sure if this was the dish I ordered, but it was lamb so I ate it. I could have sworn the description sounded different. What I got was some lamb chunks with some kind of lamb sausage. Not bad, but I don’t think it was worth 17 bucks.

john photo

john

San Jose, CA

A tasty, gut-busting good time

Ahh, Indian lunch buffet, the destroyer of well-intentioned eating habits. I hadn’t had Indian buffet for a while, so after a particularly active morning we decided to stop in and “indulge” ourselves. Indian buffets have got to be one of the few places where you can enter dying to eat, and leave dying to purge. :)

We got there a bit late for lunch (1:45pm or so), but there was still plenty of food out. They’ve remodeled a bit since the last time I was there, to good effect: the tables by the buffet tables are better lit now. Service was good, especially for a buffet – our waiter was apparently a water-pouring master, showing off all kinds of crazy long-distance water refill techniques.

There were lots of different tasty dishes to enjoy, and buffet includes a complementary plate of Tandoori chicken too.

All in all, India House provides a great atmosphere for tasty Indian dining, in a nicely decorated and spacious atmosphere.

Vegetable Biryani at India House

Vegetable Biryani

Flavorful, long-grained rice with lots of spices.

Super tasty! - Tandoori Chicken at India House

Tandoori Chicken

Outstanding. Crispy on the outside without being dry on the inside.

Mango Ice Cream

Way too grainy with ice crystals.

Rice Pudding

Vegetable Samosas

Small and a bit bland.

Palak Paneer

Very creamy and flavorful, and the cheese cubes were fresh.

Chicken Tikka Masala

Creamy, flavorful and tender chicken.

Shrimp Butter Masala

Unique from your standard Indian buffet, but not spectacular in taste.

kishorvaz photo

Murg Makhani

tulips500 photo

tulips500

yummy indian at a cost

My follow-up review for this restaurant. Read my previous review for this restaurant here

Shrimp Masala

succulent shrimp (6-8 pieces) in a mixed Indian spices chunky sauce. i only give it 3 stars b/c it’s about $3/shrimp. the taste is good, though.

Lamb Kheema Samosas (2)

deep fried dumpling filled w/peas & ground lamb. quite tasty w/mango chutney. comes w/a moderate spicy kick. i prefer the veggie samosa, though – lamb’s a bit too heavy as an appetizer for me.

vdoma photo

vdoma

Chicago, IL

Excellent Indian food

One of the best indian restaurants in the chicago area.

Peas Pulao

snafu photo

snafu

Austin, TX

It's not the best Indian restaurant ever, but the buffet ...

It’s not the best Indian restaurant ever, but the buffet is cheap, and the busboys clear the dishes away insanely quickly.

Indian Breakfast Parking
Mon-Thu 05:00PM - 10:00PM
Fri 11:00AM - 02:30PM
Fri 05:00PM - 11:00PM
Sat 11:00AM - 03:00PM
Sun,Sat 11:00AM - 03:00PM (Lunch Buffet)
Mon-Fri 11:00AM - 02:30PM (Lunch Buffet)
Ac1b6mgrar2427abblkses

Eclectic in Irving Park

Susupuato Restaurant & Taqueria

Mexican in Edgewater

India House  Restaurant Reviews

India House is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: North Side View Indian House Picture, India House Chicago How Much Is Buffet Price, India House Chicago, Indian House Chicago, India House, India House Chicago Menu, India House Chicago Buffet Price, India House Restaurant Chicago, and Home Image In India North Side.