45 State St
Northampton, MA 01060

India House

Cuisine: Indian, Catering, Lunch

India House is a Indian, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

mjlyons photo

mjlyons

Cambridge, MA

Consistently the best Indian in Northampton

Granted, there’s not that many Indian restaurants in Northampton, but even if there were more, this would be better.

My family has been going here for almost two decades. Nobody in my family has been disappointed. The owners always seem to be around and are really friendly. They’ll chat it up and enjoy making suggestions (if you want). I’m amazed how they always get the spicyness level exactly right.

Although the place is always busy, I’ve never had to wait more than a few minutes to get in and can’t recall ever having reservations.

Tandoori Chicken

This dish is an old favorite for me and my brother. It comes out of kitchen sizzling (loudly) and has a tangy taste. The salad that comes with it is really good as well – it’s an unusual dressing.

Pomegranate Chicken (on the specials list)

A thick curry sauce accented with sweet pomegranate seeds. Fantastic.

annie photo

annie

Chicago, IL

A Comfy Atmosphere, Lots of Fried Foods

Walking into this restaurant is a little like walking into those old houses that’s now a museum because a famous person lived there once and there’s still an old desk left that people can walk by and ooh and ahhh at. I do believe that the restaurant was a house at one point (the bathroom is up a dark, narrow set of stairs that led to a dark hall; I didn’t dare) The tables and chairs are all a very imposing dark wood. But the wait staff are just the right blend of caring and nonchalant to make you feel right at home.

The prices are a little high, but not unreasonable. With a shared appetizer plate, a mango lassi and a beer, our total came to $43.

Come here for the mint chutney; it tastes fresh and I wanted to pour it all over all of my dishes. The best I’ve ever had.

Worth noting: my friend said her Saag Paneer tasted “a little off”, but is one of those people who feels guilty saying anything bad about her food lest a waitress overhear.

Jeera Aloo

Sauteed potatoes with cumin, onions, ginger, tomatoes, and coriander. Served with jasmine rice on the side. A really delicious dinner, if you get a beer and can laugh about the fact you’re paying 11 bucks for a boiled potato and a cup of rice.

Vegetarian Platter

Comes with two each of Paneer pakora (the Indian answer to mozzarella sticks), veggie pakora, and samosa. All very nice. But they’re laid very sadly on a big white plate, and after dorm food for months, I could’ve gone for dish that looked a little more flamboyant.

Indian Catering Dinner

India House  Restaurant Reviews

India House is located near the cities of Bay State Village, Florence, Firenze, Hadley, and Leeds.
People found this by searching for: India House In Northampton,Ma Open On Jan. 1, India House Northampton Ma, Menu, Northampton India House Reviews, Www.Indiahouse Northampton Ma 01060, India House Northampton Ma Owner, India House Restaurant Northampton Ma Menu, India House Northampton Ma, India House Northampton, and India House Northampton Menu.