4620 99 St NW
Edmonton, AB T6E

Indian Grill & Banquets

Neighborhoods: Papaschase Industrial
Cuisine: Vegetarian, Indian, Low Fat

Indian Grill & Banquets is a Vegetarian, Indian, and Low Fat restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

vic photo

vic

An Amazing Find!

It’s a great find for Indian food -- one of the few Indian restaurants that continue to use spices to add flavor to the food. Great beer and wine selection (over 200 brands to choose from). Ambiance is very comfortable and calming with private booths in the back for a romantic evening alone. They have recently done a lot of updates to their menu as well! They are the first authentic Indian restaurant that offers a fusion of North American and Indian cuisine (yes, that means they offer steak as well!) They offer a daily lunch and dinner buffet which is great for people who want to try a little bit of everything but I still recommend the menu--2 people can eat in less than $50 for truly homecooked Indian food. India Grill also offers a banquet hall for anyone wanting to host conferences, parties, etc. and they can serve North American cuisine or authentic Indian food for your function.

Butter Chicken

One of the best butter chickens I’ve had in the city. I ordered mild—it wasn’t spicy but it was filled with flavor.

gimler photo

gimler

WOW Food for thought

Went for lunch with friends. Craving for curry makes my very hungry. Britain has become hot spot for curries but here after trying food at various Indian places only Indian Grill is very close to authenticity. Butter Chicken with white meat,Lamb Roganjosh,Beef Vindloo & Tandoori Chicken & I dont remember vegetarian side. I think there were 4 veg dishes. Fresh Crispy nan from clay oven WOW. The food is very flavourful & tasty. My friend wanted a New Castle Brown on room temprature & wow they had it. I think the owners might have lived in Wales before moving to Canada. I did not find many restaurants keeping ales on room temprature like back home. Very nicely decorated. Even though it is in a strip mall but place was full. I find $12.00 for a lunch for that much of varity its a heck of a deal. I am going to be back with my wife & my friends. It has become my favourate place.The service was also very good. The waiter was filling our glasses with water constantly. Keep it uppppppppppp.

Butter Chicken

Butter chicken with white breast meat & lot of flavour & the best nan I ever ate.

Salads

Lots of fresh salads & tons of condiments especially green chilly pickle. Very very spicy but tastes great

Justinlovesfood photo

Justinlovesfood

Wonderful dining

After reading lot of reviews me & my wife decided to visit this restaurant. Hidden ia corner in a southside stripmall on 99 street just north of whitemud. Week nights are usually slow but was surprised to see quite a few tables sitting & enjoying. We were seated closed to buffet and were offered a menu and were explained about buffet as well. The buffet looked very promising so went with it. They have wonderful selection of beers from around the globe. I tried Cobra (Indian) beer & cindy had a glass of white wine. I have never seen such a hugh salad bar in any Indian restaurant. Fairly large buffet presented in very proffessional manor.As for their decore and ambiance It is great as they have brand new high back chairs. Very comfortable. New bone china crockery & a high end cutlary. Very rich colours with matching drapes. The restaurant looks very well decorated. The butter chicken with breast meat is to die for. They also had goat rogan josh (they call it home style curry). Very good food in fact very authentic. I think there location is not that great as the restaurant is not visible from 99 street. We had a wonderful dining and we will definately recommend it to my friends. They have a beautiful banquet hall also with 125 seatings. Good desserts on buffet. The cost was unbelievable only $16.95. Our bill was less than $50.00 for both. Good value. We will be back

Butter Chicken

Never ate butter chicken with breast meat. Very authentic & tasty. Very large salad bar

Alu puri

Though it was available only on buffet but was one of the best vegetarian dish I ever ate.

Britwithtaste photo

Britwithtaste

Edmonton, AB

Very good food with consistancy

I have been eating Indian Grill food since 2002 but in form of either delivary or a take out. Our relatives came from Liverpool England. We took them for dinner at Indian Grill. We were welcome by Mr Kapur (owner). Very cofortable atmosphere and ambiance. We were given the options of Menu also. Buffet was very large and very economical. We all agreed for buffet and a Shrimp Masala (hot) dish on the side. I could not find any diffrence between take out or buffet food. The food had nice taste to it with aroma of spices. Two children from our group enjoyed butter chicken with breast meat with rice pilaf. Very nice and large selection of imported beers.Some of the ale beers were available on room temprature. Our guest"s were realy impressed as england now has become a hot spot of curries besides fish & chips.The service was exceptionally good specially with kids. The manager (owner) sent us a pot of indian chai for our guest’s on the house. Very good gesture indeed. I had always been eating here but I will increase my frequency of dine in more than delivary or take out. We had a wonderful evening at Indian Grill.

Shrimp Masala (hot)

Very well cooked on low heat. Tandoori chicken in buffet was superb. Crispy nan (best in town)

Cutie photo

Cutie

Very good & consistant

My husband and I have tried this restaurants food 2 times and 3rd time we decided to pay a visit. The location & front view of the restaurant ha s the view of a warehouse but inside it is remarkably decorated with rich colours and has an ambiance. We arrived at 6.30 and were seated in a booth. Very cozy atmosphere wth a triple candle. John ordered an Indian beer & I was suggested Red Lotus but I opted for Mango Lassi. Buffet had a lot of variety so we went with it. Fresh crispy nans were served on the table & food quality was very consistant. Some other Indian restaurants do not have good cosistant food, I think they pay more attention to east Indian sweets rather than food.The restaurant was busy but we were not neglected at all. The manager provided a onion nan on our table as complimentory on house. It was great evening and With such a good experience I am going to recommend Indian Grill to all my friends & will be back next time for saefood special.

Butter Chicken

Very tasty butter chicken with white meat.

Littlescott photo

Littlescott

Excellent Food & ambiance

We were 4 people in our group. Me,my friend,his wife & his mom. I suggested my friend to take his mom a day before actual Mother’s Day. We were seated & our glasses were filled with water & were asked water with ice or without ice. My friend’s mom has tried Indian Food only once before. As her pallet level of spices is low,we decided to go for buffet. It was perfect for my friend’s mom & his wife. Me & Ron went for extra hot sauce with our food. Very consistent in quality & presentation. Marge my friend’s wife tried their sp drink called Red Lotus. I tried my New Castle Brown. I wanted a large bottle unfortunately they carry only smaller size. My friend & his wife realy enjoyed his supper & place. They even had a special dessert for my friend’s mom as they were fully prepared for next day’s big event. This dessert was for all mother’s. It realy touched my friend’s mom;s heart..
We all had a great time & my friend said he is going to bring his friends. Good food.

Butter Chicken

We ate buffet. It was mild could be more hot. But plenty of hot sauce was available in salad section.

Ethansouth photo

Ethansouth

Amazing!

Took my family there for my fathers birthday. The server was more than happy to accommodate our large group which came as a surprise to me as the restaurant was really busy. I was quite impressed with the promptness of our server he was on top of all of our drinks the whole night. The buffet was absolutely spectacular and the butter chicken was the richest I have ever tasted and the beef vindaloo was amazing. My brother ordered off of the fusion menu and had a spicy lamb burger. I had a bite and it is definitely better than any of the burgers I have tried at the earls or joey’s. I am certain that my family and I will be back to celebrate more of our special events at Indian grill.

Ethan

Butter Chicken

Rich and creamy. It was the best I have had in the city!

Perogypoper photo

Perogypoper

Edmonton, AB

Great food with very reasonable prices

Went wth my indian friend & his wife to this eatery. I have been to this place before moving to Fort Mac 2 years ago. I had a diffrent image but its completely changed. viry nice ambiance.Their buffet presentaion is also changed. I personally like my beef & I ordered Extra hot Beef Vindloo & shared the buffet as well. I asked for Cobra Indian Beer & was given large King Fisher as they did not have it in stock. The food was very flavourful. The butter chicken was cooked with breast meat. Very nice flavour but was not hot. I think they dont tend to keep hot spicy food in buffet but a lot of salads & condiments make whole buffet very appealing & presentable. For food & ambiance I will give them 8.5 out of 10 & 8 for service.I will definately be back with my family on a weekend for a dinner.

Beef Vindloo hot with nan

Was not only hot but was with lots of flavour. Very nice fresh and crispy nan. Best in city

Vegetarian Indian Vegan.Take out
Mon-Fri 11:30AM - 02:00PM (Lunch Hours)
Garry photo
Garry, the Gurmeet Kapur Banquet & Catering Manager, says:

Indian Grill & Banquets has been serving Edmonton since 1992. The original concept of Master Chef Mrs Surjit kapur is to provide home style,heart smart & healthy cuisine to customers. The restaurant has now added a banquet hall with 125 seats. Seperate entrance,coat check,fully licensed bar,stunning waterfall,private booths,overhead projector with 12feet screen & Commercial DJ style music system,dance floor with buffet style food, Ample free parking with pick up & delivary available. Rich colours & beautiful drapes create romantic atmosphere & great ambiance.Reservations reco

From CityGrid:

Indian Grill & Banquets  Restaurant Reviews

Indian Grill & Banquets is located near the cities of Hilliard.
People found this by searching for: Indian Grill & Banquet Menu Prices, India Grill Restaurant Edmonton, India Grill, Edmonton, Indian Grill Edmonton, India Grill Edmonton, India Grill Address In Edmonton Ab, and Edmonton Best Food And Ambiance.