1234 Rue Bishop
Montreal Metro Area, QC H3G 2E3

Irish Embassy Pub Grill

(Between Boulevard René-Lévesque O and Rue Ste-Catherine O)

Neighborhoods: Ville-Marie
Cuisine: Irish, Pub, Pub Food

Irish Embassy Pub Grill is a Irish, Pub, and Pub Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

AnimaBlue photo

AnimaBlue

Montréal, QC

Tasty Irish Pub Grub Al Fresco

When I decided to plan a whole Irish Day outing for my Montreal Friends Group, I was looking for the perfect place to get some tasty pub grub, after soaking up Irish culture at the Museum.

And then I thought of the Irish Embassy Pub Grill, the pub with one of the loveliest terraces in town. A good-sized terrace that you can actually reserve for a group – not like many terraces available in town.

So that´s where I brought our group of 26.

I have been to many, many pubs in town.

I like the Irish Embassy because it offers much more beyond the traditional Irish fare on it´s menu. I was impressed with the extensive menu they had. A really great & diverse range of meals & nibbles. You get curries & other Indian dishes, a really great range of salads, and really original dishes, like the P.E.I. Mussels : Mussels steamed in white wine Provençal or a Thai coconut curry sauce.

What other pub offers a dish like that?

I am a big fan of 2 of their staple Irish dishes:
the Irish Stew & the the Fish & Chips.

The Fish & Chips is a nice big crispy piece of breaded fish with a good tartar sauce. The Irish Stew not only smells heavenly, it has the most tender pieces of lamb marinating in a rich stew with yummy veggies.

But on Sunday, I decided to try something new from their menu – the beef curry dish that was one of the specials of the day.

Well the back terrace at the Irish Embassy was just lovely. A touch of shade made it perfect. It was a glorious summer day & it was so nice to while it away with good food & great people & conversation.

I like the fact that the Irish Embassy offers a few Indian dishes, since so many people in the U.K. like their taste of Indian, with their often cooking up a little curry.

My beef curry with basmatic rice & papadums was a spicy & tasty delight. Nice chunks of beef & filling. The papadums were 2 paper thin tasty sheets and so crispy, melting in my mouth. A couple of ice cold ice teas went nicely with that spicy goodness.

One waitress taking care of almost 30 people was a little challenging, so there were a few bumps in the service. She did have some assistance, with 2 waiters helping bring out the food.

The back terrace is just the perfect experience for a beautiful summery day. Have a bit of patience if you bring a big group though, as it takes a bit of time to get everyone served.

But the food was served hot & the cool ice tea sure hit the spot on a warm summery day. I had so much fun chatting with everyone & it was delightful to meet so many new people & chat with all our great familiar faces.

I´ve been at the Pub during sports events & it´s a fun & lively place to catch a soccer or hockey game.

Nights Irish music fills the gleaming pub filled with beautiful wood and people have been know to pop up & join in with dancing an Irish jig or two.

Sláinte!
Cheers & good health, as the Irish say. :)

Beef Curry with basmatic rice & papadums

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Montréal, QC

not worth the hype

If you are looking for authentic Irish cooking, you will not find it here. You will find curries and maple glazed salmon and Pachos (think Nachos, made with potatoes), but you will not see the words “colcannon” or "soda bread’ on this menu.

In nice weather consider the back terrasse, sunny and sheltered from the wind — but not from the tree(s) raining down seed pods upon us.

Service for our group petered out pretty quick. Only one server for the entire terrasse (4 big tables), while indoor staff stood around idle. Drink orders for latecomers were forgotten entirely. Still waiting for my glass of water.

fish and chips

You get ONE piece of boneless halibut, a decent amount of French fries with black spots, 5 or 6 shreds of cabbage, one shred of carrot, and a thimbleful of tartar sauce. At least none of it was greasy. I can get twice as much fish for half the price in other places.

Irish Pub Not Authentic
Sun-Sat 11:00AM - 03:00AM

Irish Embassy Pub Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Irish Embassy Pub Grill is located near the cities of St Colomban and Saint Colomban.
People found this by searching for: Croustille De Papadum Montréal, Irish Embassy Montreal Reviews, The Irish Embassy Pub Servers Montreal, Irish Embassy Pub And Grill Reviews Montreal, Irish Embassy Mtl, Irish Embassy Montreal Reviews Food, Irish Embassy Pub Review Montreal, Irish Embassy Pub, Montreal, and Irish Embassy Restaurant Montreal Reviews.