880 Harbor Island Dr
San Diego, CA 92101

Island Prime

Neighborhoods: Midway District
Cuisine: Steak, Breakfast, Lunch

Island Prime is a Steak, Breakfast, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

guess photo

guess

Bonsall, CA

Best Meal I ever wore home

A friend gave us a gift card… said it was the best view of the City in San Diego. So being downtown on business… when we finished… Terri and I headed over to Island Prime for our Freebie.

The building has been there for years… and it is certainly one of the best views … and from the patio on the South… at waterside… Sunny Day… Just Spectacular.

Service was excellent… drink (Wild Turkey on the Rocks) fair portion and fair price.

But while Terri’s Crab Louie was disappointing… I had an excellent … truly excellent meal… and made a mess of a solid dark colored shirt… by wolfing down the best “Linguine with Clams” I’ve ever had. Next time I’ll ask for a bib :-)

Terri actually asked me if I was going to lick the bowl… I had fun.

Linguine with Clams

Put on a bib!

Excellent Linguine… golden yellow and prepared perfectly. Lots of clams… big slices of garlic… broccoli… some hot peppers… and must have been a half pound of butter in the clam broth. Not really… but I’m telling the story! It came with a wonderful toast and bruschetta… that if they offer as an appetizer… you should try. Excellent.

Nice large bowl… excellent serving size… they bring you the spoon for the broth… and I used it to curl the linguine around the clams and chunks of broccoli… Get the picture… lots of broth… splashing… flipping noodles… it was great!

It has been a long time since I have been accused of playing with my food… but it was delicious.

Crab Louie

Crab is the operative word in this dish… and it was not “Lump Crab”

Canned Crab… the greens and accessories were fine… the dressing was fine… it was good… but it was a disappointment.

From our point of view… an Excellent Crab Louie must have lump crab….

hdeacon photo

hdeacon

San Diego, CA

This review refers to the bar/lounge ("C...

This review refers to the bar/lounge (“C Level”): the food here is fairly good, even tasty, but really you are going for the view. It’s the sublime San Diego experience to look out over the city with a 270 degree panorama from the open air patio lounge. The mojito was the best drink we sampled.

Steak Downtown Reservations
Brjj6chfqr3islaby-gaa7
guess

Bonsall, CA

GracePark

San Diego, CA

Island Prime  Restaurant Reviews

Island Prime is located near the cities of San Diego County, Hillcrest, Coronado, and Old Town San Diego.
People found this by searching for: Best Crab Louie In San Diego, Ca, Island Prime Restaurant, Best Linguini And Clams In San Diego County, 880 Harbor Island Dr San Diego Ca, 880 Harbor Island Drive San Diego, Scotts Island, and Best Crab Louie In San Diego.