330 E Colorado Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91101

Islands

Neighborhoods: South Pasadena
Cuisine: American, Hamburgers, Deli

Islands is a American, Hamburgers, and Deli restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

• 12/16/2013

An American food lover from Rosemead, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/07/2013

An American chowhound from West Covina, CA tried it.

diggydrew photo

diggydrew

ashamed? NO WAY! I love Islands!

There are a lot of people who love to disagree about whether Islands is a bona fide burger joint. I say, regardless of what yall say, I love Islands.

Maybe it’s because I’m from northern California. Maybe it’s because I haven’t gone to enough burger joints. Maybe it’s because I don’t know what a “real burger” tastes like.

To all the naysayers…bite me. The burgers here are great….I’ll even dare say, they’re…the best (!)

Kilauea

Unbelievable. Compared to the other burgers I’ve had here, this one takes the cake. It’s one of their new ones. The highlight is the pepper-crusted patty—it’s very noticeable. The fried onion strings and the jalapeno sauce takes the burger to another level. The Pasadena restaurant really gets the buns right too—really buttery. In sum, this is one of two burgers I think about…often.

Island Fries

With the new trans-fat free oil they use, the fries are not only crispy, but they’re healthier! I love the cut of the fries, and they go swell with ketchup and Tabasco

mitch239 photo

mitch239

A Southern California staple!

Many of my adolescent nights were spent at Islands with friends. It’s a very popular restaurant among residents of the Pasadena area. It’s one of those restaurants that everyone can agree on because they serve classic all-American food in a playful atmosphere. And let me tell you, they serve up some mean fries!

windella photo

windella

Pasadena, CA

Terrible Service,okay food

I went with friends during the lunch hour.We were given a hand held buzzer that never went off,when I asked about it after seeing other guests being seated after we arrived,the attendant said,“oh we have two #21s” if she knew that why would she give us a duplicate number? Once we were seated the service went downhill,the waiter was bored and inattentive ,for instance we asked for pepper,he said"isn’t there pepper on the table?" we would not have bothered him if it was.My friend placed her order,I said,I’ll have the very same,he said,"you want and repeated the same order again,again I said yes.He never came back to refill our drinks,we practically had to trip him to ask for refills.

Small Caesar

nothing special,it could have used a bit more dressing as it was dry and not very flavorfful

cheeseburger

I don’t remember the exact name of the cheeseburger and french fries.It was the lunch special. The cheeseburger was under cooked.I ordered well done,it was medium.The fries were good.

Pop Champagne & Dessert Bar

American in South

Cold Stone Creamery

Fast Food in South

6/04/2022

A diner from AZ tried Peppermill Restaurant in South Pasadena.

5/24/2022

A diner from US tried Sunny Italy in East Pasadena.

5/10/2022

A Mexican food lover from US tried Amigo's Restaurant & Cantina in South Pasadena, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

3/29/2022

A food lover from Cathedral City, CA tried Peppermill Restaurant in South Pasadena, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

3/20/2022

A diner from Glendale, CA tried Houston's in South Pasadena.

3/13/2022

A dining patron from Pasadena, CA tried Smitty's Grill in South Pasadena, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Nice setting
Cons
charged for item we did not get; had to ask multiple times for ice tea; felt like we were on a time schedule
3/13/2022

A diner from Ottawa, ON tried Marie Callender's in Mid Central.

1/28/2022

A dining patron from Ottawa, ON tried Houston's in South Pasadena.

1/13/2022

A dining patron from Newbury Park, CA tried Ruth's Chris Steak House (CLOSED) in West Central.

12/30/2021

An American food lover from US tried Beadle's Cafeteria in South Pasadena, liked it, and rated it . They liked the service and liked the ambiance.

American Hamburgers Burgers & Dogs
Sun-Thu 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Fri-Sat 11:00AM - 11:00PM

Islands  Restaurant Reviews

Islands is located near the cities of South Pasadena and San Marino.
People found this by searching for: Burger Restaurant Pasadena Ca On Colorado, Oil In South Pasadena Mail, Islands Pasadena Menu, Islands Pasadena Restaurant Menu, Islands Restaurant, Pasadena Ca 91101 (South Area) Mail, and Islands Fine Burgers And Drinks Pasadena.