49 Temple Pl
Boston, MA 02111

Ivy Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Vegan, Catering, Lunch

Ivy Restaurant is a Vegan, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

katiebarry photo

katiebarry

Cambridge, MA

The Ivy

I won a giftcard to The Ivy in the downtown crossing and prior to that, had never heard of the restaurant before.

There were four of us for dinner and had no problem at all calling at 7 and making a reservation for 8 on a thursday night. Mark, our server, was gracious and attentive from the start. the bread service they offer was so delicious – almost in a bad way because we asked for two refills. We started with the italian butcher block and the fonduta. I was impressed with the butcher blocks offerings, prosciutto di parma (the real stuff), salami, an array of cheeses, including a really great goat cheese which paired so well with the real honey comb that was also on the platter. Mark suggested a real great body of rioja that complimented our first dishes perfectly. the fonduta had just the right amount of sharpness to creaminess and my friend, for the sake of the argument – all but licked the dish clean.

we then had arancini (fried risotto balls) stuffed with prosciutto and fontina (so creamy & delish!), the gnocchi with duck confit – this dish was neither here nor there for me, the gnocchi werent soft and pillowy and the confit was a bit on the salty side (and I advocate on salts behalf… ), black pepper & sesame encrusted tuna – I am a big fan of raw/seared tuna so naturally I loved this dish ( i didnt want to share this one… really). the tuna was cooked to perfection and the flavorss – although common and cliche – were offset with the tangy & spicy tomato sauce served with it.

by this point in our dining we had finished the bottle of wine and when we consulted with mark (our great server/personal sommelier) he brought over a couple different wines for me to taste. When I jokingly (although confident) named the type of wine that I had first tasted, mark came back with 3 more different wines for me to taste (I did not get any of them right..). After we bought a second bottle of a spanish red wine they offer we decided that we might as well order a couple more dishes. We went with the PEI mussels and the scallops with potato risotto. the mussels were surprisingly good… I was skeptical about the almond-butter, wondering if they would use extract (blah) or whole almonds. It had a very subtle almond flavor that was accented by the fresh herbs. the scallops were cooked well… perhaps more of a carmelized sear would only help the dish. the potato risotto was weird… the tiniest dice of potatoes was cooked to the same texture as you would find risotto… bizarre, but job well done. could have used some salt.

we ended our 3 hour journey with the choc souffle… rich and dark and chocolatey… amazing. for chocolate lovers only… oh i love chocolate….

our bill was just over $120 for four people, a good amount of food, and 2 bottles of wine… not bad..

LewisZL photo

LewisZL

Cambridge, MA

One of the places I frequent the most in...

One of the places I frequent the most in Boston — perfect for the first date or a group event. Excellent food at a very reasonably priced menu.

Brightwinds photo

Brightwinds

Washington, DC

Very well priced for the quality of food, and the perfect...

Very well priced for the quality of food, and the perfect place for groups. Their arancini are delicious, but you really can’t go wrong with any of the items on the menu. The atmosphere is quiet and intimate, the service friendly, and the wine list reliable. If the weather holds then walk down the block to Boston Commons for a stroll through the park.

ColinKelley photo

ColinKelley

Boston, MA

Great concept of fixed price wine along with small plates...

Great concept of fixed price wine along with small plates Italian.

The cheese plate and the veal ragu are both excellent!

Also, the Los Tengos Malbec is a good red wine choice on the $27 list.

Flour Bakery & Cafe

American in Central

Espresso Royale Cafe

Bakery & Pastries in Back Bay-Beacon Hill

11/10/2019

A chowhound from US tried One Family Diner.

11/08/2019

A diner from Washington, DC tried Café Budapest (CLOSED) in Back Bay and liked it.

11/03/2019

A dining patron from Tampa, FL tried Café Budapest (CLOSED) in Back Bay.

11/03/2019

A diner from US tried Misono Grill in Brighton, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
You can get Korean items that are harder to find
11/03/2019

A diner from US tried One Family Diner and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/03/2019

A Fast Food food lover from Ormond Beach, FL tried Joe & Nemo in Downtown.

10/30/2019

A diner from US tried Anago (CLOSED) in Back Bay.

10/15/2019

A chowhound from Boston, MA tried One Family Diner.

10/13/2019

A diner from US tried Café Budapest (CLOSED) in Back Bay.

10/11/2019

A diner from US tried New York Fried Chicken & Pizza, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Downtown Crossing Vegan Parking

Asian in South End

Modern Pastry Shop

Bakeries in Central

Ivy Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Ivy Restaurant is located near the cities of North Waltham, , Beacon Hill, Suffolk County, and Mid Cambridge.
People found this by searching for: The Ivy Restaurant Boston Ma, Ivy Boston Menu, Number One Red Wine Served At The Ivy, Boston Cambridge Restaurant Ivy, Ivy Restaurant Boston Menu, Ivy Restaurant Boston, and Italian Restaurant Boston Common.