Ivy Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Vegan, Catering, Lunch

Ivy Restaurant is a Vegan, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

katiebarry photo

katiebarry

Cambridge, MA

The Ivy

I won a giftcard to The Ivy in the downtown crossing and prior to that, had never heard of the restaurant before.

There were four of us for dinner and had no problem at all calling at 7 and making a reservation for 8 on a thursday night. Mark, our server, was gracious and attentive from the start. the bread service they offer was so delicious – almost in a bad way because we asked for two refills. We started with the italian butcher block and the fonduta. I was impressed with the butcher blocks offerings, prosciutto di parma (the real stuff), salami, an array of cheeses, including a really great goat cheese which paired so well with the real honey comb that was also on the platter. Mark suggested a real great body of rioja that complimented our first dishes perfectly. the fonduta had just the right amount of sharpness to creaminess and my friend, for the sake of the argument – all but licked the dish clean.

we then had arancini (fried risotto balls) stuffed with prosciutto and fontina (so creamy & delish!), the gnocchi with duck confit – this dish was neither here nor there for me, the gnocchi werent soft and pillowy and the confit was a bit on the salty side (and I advocate on salts behalf… ), black pepper & sesame encrusted tuna – I am a big fan of raw/seared tuna so naturally I loved this dish ( i didnt want to share this one… really). the tuna was cooked to perfection and the flavorss – although common and cliche – were offset with the tangy & spicy tomato sauce served with it.

by this point in our dining we had finished the bottle of wine and when we consulted with mark (our great server/personal sommelier) he brought over a couple different wines for me to taste. When I jokingly (although confident) named the type of wine that I had first tasted, mark came back with 3 more different wines for me to taste (I did not get any of them right..). After we bought a second bottle of a spanish red wine they offer we decided that we might as well order a couple more dishes. We went with the PEI mussels and the scallops with potato risotto. the mussels were surprisingly good… I was skeptical about the almond-butter, wondering if they would use extract (blah) or whole almonds. It had a very subtle almond flavor that was accented by the fresh herbs. the scallops were cooked well… perhaps more of a carmelized sear would only help the dish. the potato risotto was weird… the tiniest dice of potatoes was cooked to the same texture as you would find risotto… bizarre, but job well done. could have used some salt.

we ended our 3 hour journey with the choc souffle… rich and dark and chocolatey… amazing. for chocolate lovers only… oh i love chocolate….

our bill was just over $120 for four people, a good amount of food, and 2 bottles of wine… not bad..

LewisZL photo

LewisZL

Cambridge, MA

One of the places I frequent the most in...

One of the places I frequent the most in Boston — perfect for the first date or a group event. Excellent food at a very reasonably priced menu.

Brightwinds photo

Brightwinds

Washington, DC

Very well priced for the quality of food, and the perfect...

Very well priced for the quality of food, and the perfect place for groups. Their arancini are delicious, but you really can’t go wrong with any of the items on the menu. The atmosphere is quiet and intimate, the service friendly, and the wine list reliable. If the weather holds then walk down the block to Boston Commons for a stroll through the park.

ColinKelley photo

ColinKelley

Boston, MA

Great concept of fixed price wine along with small plates...

Great concept of fixed price wine along with small plates Italian.

The cheese plate and the veal ragu are both excellent!

Also, the Los Tengos Malbec is a good red wine choice on the $27 list.

North Street Grill

Bakeries in Back Bay-Beacon Hill

Subway

Sandwiches in Fenway-Kenmore

11/21/2017

A diner from Norwood, MA tried Café Budapest (CLOSED) in Back Bay.

11/19/2017

A Fast Food chowhound from US tried Joe & Nemo in Downtown.

11/19/2017

A Fast Food chowhound from Plainview, NY tried Joe & Nemo (CLOSED) in Dorchester.

11/17/2017

A Contemporary French food lover from Hingham, MA tried Aujourd'hui (CLOSED) in Beacon Hill, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/17/2017

A Pizza chowhound from Hyde Park, MA tried Sun Pizza in Franklin Field North, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

11/17/2017

A dining patron from Venice, FL tried Jimmy's Harborside Restaurant in South Boston and liked it.

11/17/2017

A diner from New Britain, CT tried Anna's Cafe.

11/11/2017

A Pizza food lover from Milton, MA tried Tremont House of Pizza in Mission Hill, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Very fast delivery
Cons
Tough Communication
11/10/2017

A chowhound from US tried One Family Diner, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Was staying in dorchester for vacation (i'm french) and someone give me that adress. I want once and i had breakfast here 3 days in a row. Best place to eat in boston
11/08/2017

A food lover from Bedford, MA tried Tatsukichi (CLOSED) in Downtown and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

Downtown Crossing Vegan Parking
Tips
  • $3 "mini plates" are offered weekdays from 5pm-6:30pm.
  • $3 "mini plates" are offered weekdays from 5pm-6:30pm.
  • Ivy provides one of the city's more affordable wine lists, with more than 60 bottles costing $26 each.
Mon-Fri 11:30AM - 03:30PM

Asian in South End

Modern Pastry Shop

Bakeries in Central

Ivy Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Ivy Restaurant is located near the cities of North Waltham, , Beacon Hill, Suffolk County, and Mid Cambridge.
People found this by searching for: Number One Red Wine Served At The Ivy, Italian Restaurant Boston Common, Ivy Boston Menu, The Ivy Restaurant Boston Ma, Ivy Restaurant Boston, Boston Cambridge Restaurant Ivy, and Ivy Restaurant Boston Menu.