1144 Canal Dr
Point Pleasant, NJ 08742

Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty Wharfside

Cuisine: Seafood

Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty Wharfside is a Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 4/09/2017

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 7/29/2015

A diner from US tried it.

• 6/08/2015

A Seafood chowhound from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 12/01/2014

• 11/08/2014

A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/11/2014

A dining patron from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 8/26/2013

A Seafood chowhound from US tried it and didn't like it.

c2t2000 photo

c2t2000

Bethlehem, PA

Don't waste your time

I’ve been eating at Jack Bake’s Wharfside and the Lobster Shanty since I was in diapers. They have seriously gone down hill over the past few years. The seafood used to be fresh and flavorful, now it is cold and bland. The menu is way overpriced. We typically have slow service but I think I always put up with it because I was nostalgic for the place. However, this summer I officially had my last visit to the Wharfside – the server spilled an entire bowl of mussels in marinara sauce on me – and then he charged me for the dish! I was sitting on the end of the booth, covered in marinara, and then they expected me to pay for it?!?! The server didn’t apologize and a manager never came over to see if they could help the situation. I will not continue to waste my money at this place.

Dr_McLaughlin photo

Dr_McLaughlin

Beachwood, NJ

Very bad experience - They don't like kids

They are not disability or child friendly!!

The Warfside hostess and manager were very mean to my wife who was on crutches and 3 small children. I wanted to treat my wife to a special treat with lunch overlooking the Manasquan River. The restaurant was less than ¼ full with many window seats. We requested a table near the windows but they decided to seat us at the most distant location with no real view of anything. The kids were hungry so I decided not to walk out. I spoke to the manager who told me that all of the tables near the windows would only accommodate 4 people. I let her know that we had sat there many times before with 3 small children occupying one side of the booth. She refused to make any accommodations. They either dislike people with disabilities or children. I was surprised with such a struggling economy and so many empty tables they would isolate us in the back of the restaurant. A waitress confided that the manager did not like to seat people with small children near senior citizens.

They were never like this before. I will never eat there again!!!

Seafood

Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty  Wharfside  Restaurant Reviews

Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty Wharfside is located near the cities of Pt Pleasant, Point Pleasant Boro, Pt Pleas Bch, Bay Head, and Point Pleasant Beach.
People found this by searching for: Lobster Shanty Pt Pleasant Nj, Lobster Shanty Prices, Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty And Wharfside, Lobster Shanty Point Pleasant Prices, Banquet Menu Lobster Shanty Pt Beach, Lobster Shanty Point Pleasant Reviews, and Wharfside Point Pleasant.