424 7th Ave S
Seattle, WA 98033

Jade Garden

Neighborhoods: International District
Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese, Lunch

Jade Garden is a Dim Sum, Chinese, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Food, Servers and the excitement of what's going to come down the isle next! Great prices and great location!"
"Enlightening atmosphere. Dum sin was mouth watering. We shared a table so we had no wait.. "
  • 11/27/2016

A diner from Seattle, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 10/25/2016

A dining patron from Olympia, WA tried it.

• 3/02/2015

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 2/22/2015

A dining patron from Seattle, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/04/2015

A diner from Seattle, WA tried it.

• 12/26/2014

A diner from Seattle, WA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and didn't like the service.

• 11/15/2014

• 6/14/2014

A Dim Sum food lover from Seattle, WA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 4/03/2014

A Dim Sum chowhound from Seattle, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/08/2013

A dining patron from US tried it.

jetleigh photo

jetleigh

great dimsum spot

My coworkers and I went here for lunch on a Friday. We enjoyed the fast service and the food. The wait staff was quite polite compared to many other Chinese restaurants where they can be pretty rude. We got our food fast and it was good quality – especially the shrimp dumplings which were some of the best I’ve had. Finished off with a mango pudding that is my favorite. Prices are comparable to other dim sum places in Chinatown. The restaurant was also clean and decently ventilated as I didn’t come out reeking of fried food.

Shrimp Dumplings

A must have!

Mini Egg Tarts

Delicious and fresh

Mango Pudding

Your own personal mango pudding, perfect to finish off your dim sum with.

schnitzle photo

schnitzle

YUM! Cha

TopGun used to be our favorite place for dim sum in the ID, but since they’ve moved we haven’t really known where to go. We decided to try Jade Garden after hearing about it here and on ChowHound. We were daunted by the the large groups of people waiting outside (Memorial Day, what was I thinking?!) but found a place to park and went in anyway. SO PACKED! The hostess told us the wait would be 45 minutes for a two top. We decided to stick it out. I mean, I really wanted to try this place!

Once we were seated, tea and ice water arrived and once we received first plate of shrimp chee cheong fun, the wait was forgotten. It’s nice that you get to select which tea you want. I boringly chose jasmine because I wasn’t that familiar with the others. We were really close to the kitchen which probably helped because we saw the new stuff coming out. Even though everyone was busy as hell running here and there, and I do mean RUNNING, I thought the service was friendly and attentive.

We had…

• Shrimp chee cheong fun
  • Shrimp and seaweed in a light pastry.
  • BBQ Pork filled pastries (not bao. So flaky and yum!)
  • Zha Leong, fried dough in rice noodle. This was our favorite!
  • Sticky rice. So full of goodies!
  • Har gau.
  • Shrimp and chive sesame pan-fried dumplings.

There were so many other things we wanted to try, The lobster dumplings looked really good, for one! Unfortunately, a person can only eat so much :P We didn’t have any dessert because the egg tarts are mini which means too much crust-to-egg ratio. They were also out of custard buns. No problem! Mon Hei Bakery is just down the street!

KenHsu photo

KenHsu

Seattle, WA

This is my new favourite dim sum place in Seattle / Inter...

This is my new favourite dim sum place in Seattle / International District area. If you are going on a weekend make sure to adjust for waiting time (there are always a ton of people waiting even past 1-1:30pm for dim sum).

The dim sums are fresh, I had my usual rotation of plates (shumei, shrimp dumplings, tripe, eggplant+shrimp, radish cake, sticky rice) and they are all very good. The eggplant+shrimp plate is awesome, huge slices of eggplant with shrimp inside, and the sauce they added to it is not as salty as what you will find at the other dim sum places.

The dumpling sizes are huge. They also have a lobster dumping that was very good.

highly recommended. And still very good pricing too for dimsum.

Seattledude photo

Seattledude

Great Dimsum, but too crazy

This place has some great food, large peices of dim sum, but on the weekends, the lady in the front goes crazy from the packed waiting area and the phone ringing off the hook. It’s not unusual to see her yelling at people to wait or pick up the phone just to hang up on people because it doesn’t stop ringing…lol….it’s funny to watch.
I always just grab togo.

Dim Sum Chinese Chinatown

Savannah, GA
0 useful

spunkd

Jade Garden  Restaurant Reviews

Jade Garden is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Jade Garden Dim Sum, Jade Garden Seattle Menu, Jade Garden Seattle Dim Sum Menu, Jade Garden Seattle, Jade Garden Restaurant Seattle, Jade Garden Menu Seattle, and Jade Garden, Seattle.