114 8 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P

James Joyce Irish Pub

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Irish, Breakfast, Pub Food

James Joyce Irish Pub is a Irish, Breakfast, and Pub Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

lolacola photo

lolacola

Calgary, AB

Worst Customer Service and Food

I went here with a girlfriend a couple of months ago. The place has an awesome authentic interior and the service was good…at first. We started off with some drinks and then ordered. My friend got the Surf and Turf salad and asked for her steak to be done rare. I had the Beef and Guinness pie. When my girlfriends meal arrived her steak was well done and my pie was cold. We both work in the service industry so we understand kitchen problems. I lost my appetite but my friend still wanted hers so they re-did it. When the steak arrived again it was med rare and was one of the worst fattiest cuts I had ever seen. She asked the server to take it away. We finished our drinks and asked for the bill, and when it arrived our food was still on it. We asked to speak to the manager. He came to the table and the first words out of his mouth were “What?” We explained we had not eaten any of the food and did not feel we should have to pay for it. He was horribly rude and refused to take the food off the bill. We were at a loss for words. We told him we were not paying nor were we ever coming back or recommending this pub. He said that was fine with him and he didn’t need our business anyways. Not wanting more of a confrontation we paid, with no tip, and left. I have since spoken to others and heard the same things about this pub; terrible customer service and ridiculously overpriced food and drinks. Please do yourself a favour and avoid this one.

Surf and Turf

Horrible.

Becka443 photo

Becka443

Calgary, AB

Love this spot!

I’ve been going to this pub for a couple years now and its still one of my favorites. I work downtown so its a great stroll down Stevens and a great stop to sit on the patio and watch the world go by. The food is always quick, fresh and pretty good value. I really like the halibut and chips, definitely better then the haddock they also serve. But nice to see they have great salads and other fresh food as my partner enjoyed a pear and goat cheese salad. Service was good, staff are friendly and personal. Beers are a bit on the expensive side but I guess comparable for other higher end business’ in the area and I think they’re full pints compared to those optical illusion pints at other restaurants.

I think this place has been around for 15 years and its still going strong, one of the original irish pubs here in Calgary, it definitely keeps me coming back!

Halibut and Chips

Still the best fish and chips I’ve ever had! A nicer higher end fish and fresh cut chips. House made tartar and coleslaw to top it all off. Yum!! Perfect with a pint! Definitely recommend.

Pear and Goat Cheese Salad

This was a simple salad that packed some great flavor. It had these great poached pears that tasted like Christmas and went perfectly with the goat cheese. Definitely nice to see a pub that has great lighter options that are nice and fresh a bright.

Irish Stephen Ave Mall Guinness

James Joyce Irish Pub  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: James Joyce Calgary, James Joyce Pub Irish Breakfast, James Joyce Pub Calgary Menu, James Joyce Menu, Full Irish Breakfast Calgary, James Joyce Calgary Menu, and James Joyce Pub Calgary.