8370 Mills Dr
Miami, FL 33183

Japanese Cafe Tokyo

Neighborhoods: Kendall
Cuisine: Japanese, Sushi

Japanese Cafe Tokyo is a Japanese and Sushi restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

riapia photo

riapia

Miami, FL

Best Fried Tofu

Cafe Tokyo is a little tiny japanese restaurant in Town & Country mall. It’s been there for years, but I only recently discovered it, although my son’s friend, who has actually been to Japan, frequently goes and likes it very much.

The food is good and the prices are reasonable. The service is acceptable, although not exceptional.

The most notable thing to me about the restaurant is that it’s very brightly lit and the music is a bit loud…not so much that you can’t talk, but it kind of reminds me of “Lost in Translation” sort of techno…dunno if I’m describing it right. Check it out and see what I mean. The restaurant has never been crowded when I’ve gone. I think most people don’t know it’s there.

If you haven’t had it, try the fried tofu. I’ve struggled with tofu over the years…been trying to acquire a taste for it, but it’s definitely hit-or-miss for me. My son introduced me to this appetizer at this restaurant and I have to say it’s my best attempt so far. You might like it; you might not, but it’s definitely worth a try. I recently had horrible, terrible, no good, really bad fried tofu at another restaurant, so I’m starting to be able to tell the difference!

Fried Tofu

It’s an appetizer portion served in a small bowl with a dark sauce or broth…very good.

Lostchance photo

Lostchance

Mansfield, MA

nice place

I recently visited this restaurant with my family. My parents never tried Japanese cuisine, I wanted to surprise them. The restaurant was very beautiful, but the menu was in Japanese without translation. We were served by a waiter, a trainee who did not know much about the menu and we had to use the translation application on the phone and in the end they brought us 2 very strange dishes. It was all the fault of the wrong translation. I knew about the shortcomings of automatic translations, for my work I use the services of professional translators Get More Information here But I did not even think that the translation of dishes could be so inaccurate. We got not what we wanted but were pleasantly surprised by the exquisite taste of these dishes. We will definitely come back to this restaurant again.

NonaNonnnn photo

NonaNonnnn

Maysel, WV

nice place

Nice restaurant with beautiful interior and delicious food.

5/11/2021

A Steak chowhound from US tried The Knife in Doral and liked it. They liked the food.

5/11/2021

A Chinese food lover from Miami, FL tried China Garden in Three Lakes.

5/10/2021

An American food lover from US tried La Tagliatella in Coral Gables Section and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/09/2021

A Seafood chowhound from US tried Red Lobster in Kendall.

5/09/2021

A diner from Fort Lauderdale, FL tried Sizzler.

5/07/2021

A diner from Midlothian, VA tried Fest.

DIRECT ADS (not accurate sizing)
5/06/2021

A diner from US tried Madrono Restaurant in Sweetwater.

5/05/2021

A chowhound from US tried El Rinconcito Latino in Fountainbleau and liked it.

5/04/2021

A Seafood chowhound from Miami, FL tried Catch of The Day.

5/03/2021

A chowhound from Miami, FL tried Coral Gables Hooters in Coral Way, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
The waitress
Cons
Comments
The best Hooters in town
Japanese Sushi Casual

Japanese Cafe Tokyo  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Cafe Tokyo Miami, Tokyo Sushi Kendall, Sushi In Town And Country Kendall, Tokyo Cafe Kendall, Cafe Tokyo Town And Country, Cafe Tokyeo Kendall, Cafeteria En Kendall 33183, Miami Japanese Cafe Tokyo Menu, and Cafe Tokyo Miami Menu.