29555 Northwestern Hwy
Southfield, MI 48034-1021

Jazz Katz

(Near the intersection of Northwestern Hwy and Inkster Rd)

Jazz Katz is a restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Half off specials are not half off: Flavor of food was decent at best. I had to add hot sauce to my gumbo for flavor! Service was extremely slow. Half off equates to less than appetizer portions!!! Had a great apple martini;-)e.g. apple pie, fast serv"
"Terrific music, gumbo was out of this world...like auntie in Baton Rouge came up to make it herself."
"Management sucks "
"The service was so horrible management actually argued with us. We brought a party of thirty spent big money.drinks were watered or inaccurate we were charged for food we didnt receive then when we asked for it they just took it off the bill and didnt off"
"I ordered drinks 40 mins ago and they never came, the glass that my water was brought in was used and filthy with lips prints on it, I will never go to JAZZ KATZ again horrible experience 1 hour later no one came to see if I needed drinks "
"I took my hubby there for his birthday in January. We had a nice experience. The service was good. The only thing we would like to suggest is to have a stag for the band and move the entertainment from the window to the side wall."
"Terrible experience. Reservations were made; however, it took 20 minutes to be sat. Only one person could handle seating. Then after paying $40 to reserve a table, 15 min after I'm finished eating, I'm told I need to move so the next group of reservatio"
"Ambience nice"
"This place "SUCKS"... and if you are dissatisfied there is no getting your money back nor a raincheck. You are shit out of luck and the owners are shity too they need to go back to Brooklyn New York with their lousy crusine and uppity attitude. Reservat"
"Nice ambience, terrific food especially the seafoodmac. They treated me so special for my birthday."
"The food and music was very good. "
"e.g. apple pie, fast service, kid-friendly, etc...chicken wings collard greens the best I've ever had "
"Great music and service!"
"This place was the worst experience in fine dining I've ever experienced. The food was not up to par and the manager and the owners was intimidating. Nothing nice going on here. A waste of time and please don't waste your money going here. I will neve"
"Great overall experience"
"Had no good experience the management was horrible the staff tried to be good i would recommend they go get Better jobs would be trained to professional and etc. Staying there under that management will not get them any farther. "
Cons
"I should have done the priority seating so I could sit upfront with the band."
"Horrible experience staff tried but woriuunder that management will not get them anywhere. "
"Everything could have been improved and I mean everything "
"Slow service, bland food, tables crammed together for the live show, little to no customer appreciation shown."
"Rude management!!!!!!!"
"This place is hopeless."
"They aren't open for lunch"
"The slow service. Recommend you eat a light snack before arriving. "
"e.g. slow service, under-cooked food, loud, etc...service wasn't slow food was every thing was the greatest "
"Open more days"
"Everything about this place was terrible. "
Comments
"Don't go thete will be disappointed. "
"Find another restaurant"
"Make reservations somewhere else"
"Don't go--save yourself some aggravation "
"They have the audacity to suggested or request the kind of attire you should wear...laughable. These people need to get down off their high horse and look around at where they are. This is not expensive New York."
"The owner makes you feel at home. I will recommend to everyone to go there for grown folks entertainment. "
"Nice that security walks you to your car."
"I didn't say slow service, the service was great. I've been passing the word on excellent food the best in town."
"Awesome"
"DO NOT GO TO THIS !!!!"
  • 4/09/2016

A diner from Farmington, MI tried it.

• 12/17/2015

A diner from Sterling Heights, MI tried it.

• 11/02/2015

A dining patron from West Bloomfield, MI tried it.

• 8/27/2015

A Chinese chowhound from Spokane, WA tried it.

• 7/26/2015

A dining patron from Detroit, MI tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 7/01/2015

A diner from MI tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/29/2015

A food lover from Belleville, MI tried it.

• 6/22/2015

A chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 5/29/2015

A chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 2/19/2015

A diner from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Reesycup photo

Reesycup

Auburn Hills, MI

Great Entertainment, Good Food, Horrible Service

The entertainment was awesome. Penny Wells did a wonderful performance. The food was great; however, the service was absolutely horrible. The waiter forgot my appetizer altogether and brought my husband’s appetizer with his meal. The place was extremely small and too crowded. The tables were so close to each other you mine-as-well have been sitting in someone’s lap. We had a Groupon for admission for 2 and 2 free drinks (1 per person) and we still had to pay $5 each to enter the club. They do not allow tennis shoes nor Jeans which we were unaware of because they do not have a website, only a Facebook page. We also had a gift card and they tacked on the gratuity to the gift card without even telling us. Like we wouldn’t notice. It was a $50 gift card. Our bill came to $38.xx and once receiving the card back the available balance on the card was $3.58. We had to wait almost 40 minutes for them to resolve the issue and they still didn’t resolve it. They stated the would credit back our card the difference and it should show up on the card within the next few business days.

Garden Salad w/Grilled Shrimp

The food was good

Catfish Entree

The catfish was excellent

chellous photo

chellous

Detroit, MI

Awesome time!

This place is great! Great atmosphere. Food was excellent. The music was outstanding! A great place to wine and dine. If you love great Jazz music and great food, this is the perfect place for you. My husband and I had a great time. We had the chicken gumbo and it was delicious. The musicians got the audience involved singing. It was great. We will be going back to visit soon. Great Time!!!

chicken gumbo

Taste great if you like spicy food.

Dinner

Jazz Katz  Restaurant Reviews

Jazz Katz is located near the cities of Lathrup Village, Oak Park, Berkley, Huntington Woods, and Bingham Farms.
People found this by searching for: Jazz Katz, Jazz Katz In Southfield Michigan, Jazz Kats Southfield, Jazz Katz Southfield Mi, Jazzatkatz, Jazzkatz, Jazz Katz Menu, and Jazz Katz Southfield.