Jocko's Restaurant

Cuisine: Californian, Barbecue, Lunch

Jocko's Restaurant is a Californian, Barbecue, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"The fillet mignon was unbelievably great!"
"Great food at a reasonable price"
"THE DRINKS ARE GREAT. THE BEER IS COLD. THE FOOD IS THE BEST. THE SERVICE IS IMPECABLE. OUR FAVORITE FOR OVER 40 YEARS."
"Great menu, great food. Been eating here since I was a kid."
"e.g. apple pie, fast service, kid-friendly, etc...the steaks "
"Ribs "
"Great flavor and value"
"The best stake sandwich out of the pit "
"Kind frendly server's. Food was fantastic. A bit noise . But all in all I rate this place a 4 5. I drive from L.A. "
"The steak"
"Great food"
"Best fillet ever"
"AMAZING food!"
"Large portions of food. Steak was cooked perfect. Awesome "
Cons
"Weird cracker and sweet salsa. Strange."
"Worst restaurant been to that takes reservations but doesn't get you seated until 2hrs later. They know how to take reservations for Table they just don't know how to keep your reservation for that table"
"Must have reservation!!"
"Service quick but waitres unhelpful"
"Have to wait for over 90 mins if you have no reservations."
"The place is a bit crounded. And loud. Maybe I'm just old. But I've come back 4 times so it can't b that bad..."
"Nothing"
"Even though you have reservations it can be 2 hours after your reservation time to be seated "
Comments
"Drinks were very good."
"BEST FILLET MIGNON EVER !!"
"Good meat"
"Generous portions. Great relish trays. "
"No"
"Nice and low key atmoshere."
  • 7/07/2017

A Californian food lover from Arroyo Grande, CA tried it.

• 6/28/2017

A Californian food lover from Lompoc, CA tried it.

• 6/02/2017

A Californian food lover from Sonora, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 6/01/2017

A dining patron from Baldwin Park, CA tried it.

• 5/14/2017

A chowhound from Lawrence, KS tried it.

• 4/30/2017

A Californian food lover from Pomona, CA tried it.

• 4/12/2017

A diner from San Luis Obispo, CA tried it and liked it.

• 3/18/2017

A Californian food lover from Carmichael, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    The fillet mignon was unbelievably great!
    Cons
    Weird cracker and sweet salsa. Strange.
    Comments
    Drinks were very good.
  • 2/14/2017

A diner from Hilmar, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Comments
    BEST FILLET MIGNON EVER !!
  • 2/11/2017

A Californian chowhound from Ventura, CA tried it.

vickifb photo

vickifb

San Jose, CA

Jocko's Steak House

We were on a road trip with some friends. We stopped at Jocko’s. The wait was horrible. We waited over 2 hours. But let me tell you the wait was worth it. 3 of us had the pork ribs one had steak. I don’t remember the cut. We almost fainted when they brought out the ribs. 2 layers of ribs. Probable 12- 14 ribs. They were awesome. The smokie flavor was not too strong. Also on the plate was a baked potato. We also got garlic bread. They also brought beans, and a relish plate. They meat was nice and tender. As for the steak. OMG! It was at least 3-4 inches think and you could cut it with a fork. The prices were great too. All in all it was a fantastic dinner, except for the wait. We asked for a to go box for the ribs. Luckily we had a cooler with us. We had enough left overs to eat a complete dinner for the 4 of us the next evening and still had ribs left over.

I had the pork ribs.

Very good. Lots of meat!

May 31, 2012

The food here in Jocko's Steak House is

The food here in Jocko's Steak House is very delicious and the ambiance is great I would suggest this restaurant to anyone.
February 23, 2012

Still the best

I've known of (Jocko's) since I went to Cal Poly (SLO) as an undergrad which was back in 1995. It was really from a college roommate, actually. He swore on his mother's grave that it was the best steak in the area. Well, after a 20 minute…
July 3, 2010

Best Steak House on Central Coast - maybe everywhere

I have been eating at Jocko's since the 1950's. Had my wedding reception at the current location in 1966. Eat there as often as I can and love the food. The large spencer is always great. Best pop for your money. My wife likes the…

Californian Barbecue Dinner

Jocko's Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Jocko's Menu, Jocko's Nipomo, Jacko's Nipomo;Menu, Jocko's Nipomo Menu, Jocko's Restaurant, Jacko's Nipomo, and Jocko's Restaurant Menu.