John Barleycorn

Neighborhoods: Lakeview
Cuisine: Bar, Cafe, Burgers

John Barleycorn is a Bar, Cafe, and Burgers restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

john photo

john

San Jose, CA

Tasty beer and appetizers, and a huge space

Wow. That was my first thought walking into this place, which from the street didn’t seem to take up too much space. Once you step inside though, you realize the space is super-deep and cavernous, and even bigger once you count the equally-cavernous second floor.

We spent all of our time upstairs, as there was the Tech Cocktail event going on, and thankfully the big space handled the large crowd easily.

I was surprised by the quality and price of the food there – it was both tastier and cheaper than I would have expected.

This barleycorn location is right next to Wrigley Field, so I bet it gets packed during games, but otherwise seems like a great place to hang out with friends for a good drink and snack.

Boneless Chicken Strips

Tender and tasty

Beef Flautas

Crispy, but only for a short time. Make sure to eat these while they’re hot.

justin photo

justin

Great open space

We had the opportunity to do a demo here for TechCocktail 4 and I really liked the space better than the previous Cocktails I’ve been to (2 and 3). Barleycorn has 2 huge floors and TC had the whole 2nd floor which gave ample space for people to mingle without bumping each other’s beers. There’s plenty of bar space and some nice lounge seating along the edges. It’s a great place for a large event and I definitely recommend it for other event planners – just make sure you do it while the Cubs are out of town to make parking easier.

Boneless Chicken Strip

Sweet and tender chicken – real easy to eat without the bones. Real nice snacker food.

Beef Flautas

Pretty crispy with a decent amount of beef. Ate it over a few hours though so they lost their crisp and got cold – the chicken stayed tasty longer.

October 22, 2008

This is truely the place for Friday nights

I don't know why but I've been coming here for years. This bar has definitely come a long way from what it used to be. I like the dj way better on Fridays than Saturdays and reccomend this spot for the Friday night get away. The dj…
March 27, 2008

Nothing Special

The food here is really nothing special. I had trouble finding something that I even wanted to order and when I did it was just blah - but I guess thats what you expect from bar food. I have had fun here when I came for a night of…

Wrigleyville Bar Happy hour
Tips
  • This spot usually stays packed until last call on weekends--like its multitude of popular neighbors--which means major traffic snarls and cab-wrangling come 2am.
  • Off-peak nights, Tuesday through Thursday, feature food and drink specials.
  • Lines to get in often extend down Clark Street on Friday and Saturday nights and around Cubs games.
  • Fall Hours (Labor Day through Memorial Day) are: Wed-Fri 5pm-2am; Sat 5pm-3am (10am opening on Iowa game days). The restaurant is closed Sunday through Tuesday when the Cubs are away, and open two hours before Cubs home games.
Wed-Fri 05:00PM - 02:00AM
Sat 10:00AM - 03:00AM

John Barleycorn  Restaurant Reviews

John Barleycorn is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: John Barleycorn Restaurant, 3524 N. Clark Street, Chicago, Il 60657, John Bellomo3023 N. Clark Street, #431chicago, Il 60657, Jb At Clark 3524 N. Clark St Chicago, Il, John Barleycorn Restaurant Week, John Barleycorn Reviews, Wrigleyville Restaurants, John Barley Restaurant, and 3524 N. Clark Street Chicago Il 60657.