112 Macomb Pl

Cindy_K photo

Cindy_K

Algonac, MI

No Stars!

Food was OK – the service was HORRIFIC. I came in at 5:06 p.m. and took a seat. A hostess brought me water and I explained my dinner companion would arrive in a few minutes. She arrived at 5:15. No one came to the table to take our order until 5:40. The wait for our food was extended. Either the order was not turned in, or the cook didn’t prepare it. More waiting when it was time for the bill. We both had our credit cards out to pay. Manager “John” finally came to the table, and without saying anything else, began THREATENING us that “there would be ramifications if we walked out without paying”. What??? There had been no mention of our not paying – I was waiting for THEM to do the right thing on their own and adjust our bill to reflect the mistakes and very poor service. I WAS a longtime customer — I won’t be back.

Greek Chicken Pita

This WAS a favorite menu item — the service was so appalling I won’t be back.

June 11, 2008

John Barleycorn

We hold our Mt. Clemen's Lion's Club meetings at Sub Zero and have enjoyed the staff and the food - better than our president's reports!!! They do have some of the best salads around.
November 25, 2007

WORST BAR I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!!

(SUB ZERO LOCATED WITHIN JOHN BARLEYCORNS) THIS BAR WAS SO LAME. THE BARTENDER WAS SLOW AND RUDE. THEY ARE TRYING TO ACT LIKE A HIGH CLASS BAR BUT IN REALITY IT'S A DUMP. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE! I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND GOING HERe

11/12/2018

A diner from Harrison Township, MI tried Golden Greek, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

7/25/2018

A dining patron from MI tried Royal Cafe, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/07/2018

A diner from Macomb, MI tried Your Mothers Food & Spirits in Downtown Mount Clemens.

4/11/2018

A Pub Food chowhound from MI tried Wilson's Cafe, didn't like it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Cons
They seem to cater to their few regulars only. Major slum bar. Smell like nasty smoke. Bartender literally jumped over the bar and Chase someone out and got in a fight
4/09/2018

A Mexican food lover from US tried Paco's of Mt Clemens, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

4/04/2018

A dining patron from Eastpointe, MI tried Paco's of Mt Clemens, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
always good food and service
3/21/2018

A dining patron from New Baltimore, MI tried The Double D Bar & Grill, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
There are NO Pros!!! Just finished eating here! To say that the Food was lousy would be a total understatement!!! I Had the fisherman's platter ;-(( ;-(( It was lukewarm when I finally got it and I could have rung enough grease out of it to change the
Cons
Everything!!!
Comments
STAY AWAY!!!
3/18/2018

A Pub Food chowhound from Detroit, MI tried Wilson's Cafe, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
Major dive....Bar fights, rude staff, and they let people smoke inside late at night.
Cons
Bar fights, rude staff unless you're of the "regulars", and they let people smoke inside late at night.
12/28/2017

A Pizza food lover from Fraser, MI tried Little Caesars.

11/19/2017

A Chinese food lover from US tried China 1.

American Dinner Lunch

John Barleycorn  Restaurant Reviews

John Barleycorn is located near the cities of Mount Clemens, Charter Township Of Clinton, Harrison Township, and Harrison Twp.
People found this by searching for: John Barleycorn Mt Clemens Mi, Barleycorn Mt Clemens, Barleycorns Restaurant In Mt Clemens Michigan, John Barleycorns Menu Mt Clemens, John Barleycorn Mt Clemens, John Barleycorns Mt Clemens, and Barleycorn Restaurant Mt. Clemens.