Johnnie Mae's Seafood and Grille

(Between N Magnolia St/LA-131 and N Spruce St/S Spruce St)

Cuisine: Fish, American Traditional, Grill

Johnnie Mae's Seafood and Grille is a Fish, American Traditional, and Grill restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Food was good. Waiter-Hector and waitress-Samantha very pleasant and excellent servers!"
"Crawfish topped fried green tomatoes are to die for!!!"
"Great food. Traditional and new interpretations on seafood, soul and Louisiana recipes. Staff is fast and friendly. I am a local, and this is one of my favorite spots."
"We showed up with 17. We were seated quickly and service was on point. "
" have been to this restustrant about 2 times a month as a traveling salesman an have always found it to be great."
Cons
"N/a"
  • 1/04/2017

A Fish food lover from Alexandria, LA tried it and liked it.

• 7/08/2015

A Fish food lover from Pineville, LA tried it.

• 5/30/2015

A diner from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/19/2015

A Fish chowhound from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Crawfish topped fried green tomatoes are to die for!!!
  • 11/02/2014

A Fish food lover from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 10/19/2014

A dining patron from Atlanta, GA tried it.

• 3/13/2015

• 1/18/2015

A Grill chowhound from Miami, FL tried it.

• 7/10/2014

A Fish food lover from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 4/20/2014

A Fish chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it.

oysterlover photo

oysterlover

Lafayette, LA

seafood gumbo and fried green tomatoes topped with crawfish

absolutely the best seafood gumbo and the fried green tomatoes smothered in crawfish a-2-fay is to die for; only thing better is oysters on the half shell which they do not serve.

cup of seafoof gumbo

very thick with flour based rue, great

fried green tomatoes with crawfish topping

wonderful, would make the 3 hour drive from Lafayette just to get this dish.

LoveToTravel photo

LoveToTravel

Memphis, TN

Sandbar is a sand trap!!

We went to Natchez, MS and decided to eat across the MS River. This is the second time we have done this. The first time was a few years ago. NEVER AGAIN! I had forgotten that everything on the menu was fried. The waitress gave us the lunch menu and I specifically pointed to the lunch item I wanted, as well as my husband. We were advised there was no slaw today. What fish restaurant serves fish without having slaw!! We were given our food. My husband said the stuffed crab was fine and my sandwich was ok. However, the hushpuppies, at best, were salt-free cornbread dough fried. – no onions, no spices. They were terrible!! When we went to pay, the cashier asked how it was. I very politely said it was a disappointment this time and they were out of slaw. She said “I heard that – I need to go see what is up with that!” This was at 1PM. Then when she rang up the order, they gave us dinner prices. They said we should have know because the crab for lunch is only 2 and for dinner it is 3. And just how did they think we should have known this when we ordered off of the lunch menu??? And they did nothing to corriect this. On top of that I had overhead someone else say something about the same thing happening earlier. The waitress was ok – nothing special, the food was ok – nothing special, but the management is terrible!! I will never eat there again and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone else!

fish sandwich

nothing special

stuffed crab

ok

September 9, 2006

Watch your head!

The Sandbar offers American and Seafood cuisine in pleasant, casual atmosphere. The portions are more than huge and the food tasty and well seasoned. Their frog legs are the best I've ever had! The Seafood Platter is large enough for two…

7/19/2017

An American chowhound from US tried El Ranchero.

2/23/2017

A chowhound from Natchez, MS tried Agave Cafe, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Taco salad was delicious also the Tamales ... Excellent food ... Staff very friendly...
2/21/2017

A dining patron from Natchez, MS tried El Ranchero, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

1/04/2017

A Fish chowhound from Alexandria, LA tried Johnnie Mae's Seafood and Grille and liked it.

8/12/2016

A dining patron from Alexandria, LA tried Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits.

7/03/2016

A diner from US tried El Ranchero, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/19/2016

An American chowhound from Natchez, MS tried El Ranchero.

2/23/2016

A dining patron from Marksville, LA tried El Ranchero, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
food is so good and constantly consistent. Love going here go every week its soooo good
7/08/2015

A Fish food lover from Pineville, LA tried Johnnie Mae's Seafood and Grille.

5/30/2015

A Fish chowhound from Dallas, TX tried Johnnie Mae's Seafood and Grille, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Fish American Traditional Grill

Johnnie Mae's Seafood and Grille  Restaurant Reviews

Johnnie Mae's Seafood and Grille is located near the cities of Natchez and Andalusia.
People found this by searching for: Sandbar Natchez Ms, Sandbar Restaurant Vidalia La, Johnny Maes Vidalia, Johnnie Mae's Vidalia La, Sandbar Restaurant Vidalia La Menu, Johnnie Mae's In Vidalia La, The Sandbar Restaurant Vidalia La, Sandbar Vidalia La Menu, and The Sandbar Vidalia La Menu.