23 College St
South Hadley, MA 01075-1403

Johnny's Bar & Grille

Cuisine: Burgers, Bar, American

Johnny's Bar & Grille is a Burgers, Bar, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Lots of options, good homestyle cooking."
"Food very good, but a little pricey."
Cons
"Could be more reasonable with prices "
Comments
"Plenty of choices for dinner, something for everyone"
  • 10/24/2020

A diner from Springfield, MA tried it.

• 9/21/2019

A dining patron from Ottawa, ON tried it.

• 4/02/2018

A diner from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 10/06/2016

A dining patron from South Hadley, MA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Lots of options, good homestyle cooking.
  • 9/21/2016

A Burgers chowhound from Lee, MA tried it and liked it.

• 11/21/2014

A Burgers food lover from Newark, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Food very good, but a little pricey.
    Cons
    Could be more reasonable with prices
    Comments
    Plenty of choices for dinner, something for everyone
  • 10/03/2014

• 6/16/2013

A diner from Brookline, MA tried it.

• 5/10/2013

A diner from South Hadley, MA tried it and liked it.

annie photo

annie

Chicago, IL

Sub-par 'Cause It Can Be.

There are televisions in this restaurant. Set on sports channels.
I shouldn’t have to say more, but I will. There aren’t nearly enough vegetarian options on the menu, and almost no vegan options, which is a poor choice for any restaurant, but especially one in a college town, and especially one in a college town in Massachusetts.
I asked if they would be able to make a veggie burger for me; the waitress, without hesitation, said no. Not a big deal, since it’s not on the menu, but shouldn’t chefs making $11 salads and $17 entrees be able to throw together a veggie burger?

I ended up eating the Harvest Grille panini, with marinated artichoke hearts, spinach, tomatoes and provolone cheese. My description follows.

Everyone I was with sort of half-heartedly picked at their food and were too polite to say how bland & boring it all really was. Dorm food is actually, sadly, better.

Harvest Grille

It’s a grilled cheese sandwich with bland, unseasoned artichoke hearts thrown in for good measure. The slices of tomato were mealy. The raw, room temperature spinach sat awkwardly on top of the cheese. All in all, pretty bad.

britt4170 photo

britt4170

Florence, MA

Sub-par? You're a moron?

Johnny’s is far from sub-par…in fact it is one of the finer restaurants in a college town. Not every restaurant has to have a vegen or vegeterian menu, there are more than enough of those restaurants around that nobody visits. Johnny’s is comfortable and inviting and I love being able to watch the game if I want…If I was so sore about tv’s being on I’d go somewhere else and whine about it while I chewed on my lettuce salad and stared at the meatless menu. As for the undesirable food Annie describes….sounds like she is a little bitchy cuz every little thing wasn’t up to her pathetic little standards. A bit** is a bit** I guess. Johnny’s food is always well prepared, served and tastes delicious. You don’t go to a bar and grille for vegen and vegeterian you moron.

Prime Rib

Very good tasting hunk o meat! Au jus was perfect and it was perfectly cooked.

Johnny's is great!

I am a local resident and I often go to Johnny’s. The owner is often there and he is very visible, talking to the customers. Johnny’s does not try to be something it is not-it is not a new-age earthy-crunchy college vegan restaurant. It is a friendly, hometown bar and grille with terrific food. I especially like the enormous chicken quesadillas (half price from 3-5 Monday-Thursday!). For a more tradistional meal, the panko encrusted baked haddock can’t be beat. It comes with pepper-grilled vegetables, a nice salad, and choice of starch. The fish is always cooked perfectly-flaky and moist and piping hot. Their burgers can’t be beat. Johnny’s has a full bar with a large assorment of drinks at reasonable prices. As for the television screens, it is a BAR AND GRILLE. People go there to eat, drink, and watch the games. If you want a great down-home style meal at a fair price in a friendly atmosphere, go to Johnny’s. You won’t be disappointed.

Quesadilla

Huge and filled with cheese, chicken, peppers, onions. A great value for the money. I think they are $8.99-half price 3-5 Monday through Thursday.

Danl2000 photo

Danl2000

South Hadley, MA

Food is okay but customer service is horrible

The food isn’t bad but the customer service is horrible. Management does not take any responsibility for serving mistakes made by the wait staff. I only recently started going to Johnny’s again because about a year ago I was there and I was served a turkey burger instead of a veggie burger, and as a vegetarian it was rather gross to discover this mistake after I took a bite. I didn’t get my replacement veggie burger until my boyfriend had completely finished his meal and we did not receive any apologies or discounts for their mistake. I was going to give Johnny’s a second chance, but the management again created a really unpleasant dining experience. My 10 year old niece ordered a macaroni and cheese and the waitress, who seemed rather new, brought her an adult meal instead of a kid’s meal. Management implied that it was my niece’s fault for not specifying that she wanted the kid’s macaroni and cheese and refused to take the adult entree off the bill because she ate the side salad that was served as an appetizer. The food isn’t worth the grief. Go to the Yarde House instead!

Pizza

I’ve had better margarita pizzas, but it wasn’t bad.

Burgers Drinks Bar

Johnny's Bar & Grille  Restaurant Reviews

Johnny's Bar & Grille is located near the cities of and Granby.
People found this by searching for: Johnny's Restaurant South Hadley Ma, Johnny's South Hadley, Johnny's Pizza South Hadley, Johnny's Restaurant South Hadley, Johnny's Restaurant,South Hadley', Ma, Johnny's Bar And Grill South Hadley, and Johnny's Bar And Grill.