50 S West End Blvd
Quakertown, PA 18951-1139

John's Plain and Fancy Diner

Cuisine: Diner, 24 Hours, Family Dining

John's Plain and Fancy Diner is a Diner, 24 Hours, and Family Dining restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Everything is fresh and from scratch and yummy! Friendly and good service. Our favorite go to place!"
"Food was cold, gravy was very thick and gelatinous, will not go there again "
"Pancakes are the BEST!"
"The service was amazing "
"Friendly manager"
"Always friendly people and it's switched management multiple times since I started coming as a teenager (20 years ago) It's a qtown staple since it's open 24 hours. Their omlettes are amazing and when the salad bar is out, it's is fantastic. Waitstaff is "
"Leaving"
"Fast service"
"Quick yet calm atmosphere. Nice decor. Food good and inexpensive"
Cons
"The blond waitress had a huge attitude and acted like she was to good to work there,ordred a burger well done and it came out with blood dripping of it"
"Typical diner food, prime rib was not good at all. Service was mediocre as well as atmosphere."
"If you are served something that isn't right, bring it up at the time and they'll correct the problem. Mistakes happen. Someone probably got your scallops. Seriously, take some initiative and responsibility. Don't just pick at something you don't order an"
"I was served scallops that were not scallops. I hate being robbed and lied to."
"Online menu."
Comments
"I am sure they can do better, the place has a lot of potential."
"The roll from the salad bar was hard as a rock. Stay away!"
  • 7/26/2022

A Diner chowhound from Springfield, PA tried it.

• 5/02/2022

A dining patron from US tried it.

• 4/16/2022

A Diner food lover from Quakertown, PA tried it.

• 3/01/2022

A dining patron from Perkasie, PA tried it.

• 5/01/2021

A Diner chowhound from Richboro, PA tried it.

• 4/30/2021

A dining patron from Berkeley, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/26/2021

A dining patron from FI tried it and liked it.

• 4/21/2021

A Diner food lover from Quakertown, PA tried it and liked it. They liked the service.

• 4/01/2021

A dining patron from Quakertown, PA tried it.

• 1/04/2021

A dining patron from US tried it.

RJones photo

RJones

Hellertown, PA

decent food at a reasonable, price 24 hours

Decent food at a reasonable, price 24 hours pretty much sums up the experience at John’s Plain and Fancy Diner. The salad bar is fresh but small, reasonably priced at $5 (discounted if added onto selected items). The dessert selection is extensive and baked on premises. I haven’t tried any of the baked goods but they all look tempting at the counter when you walk in. The menu overall is quite large, with breakfast served at any time and items ranging from Mexican to Italian along with the standard diner items.

Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Not the best Grilled Cheese Sandwich ever, but not shabby either. Served with a heap of potato chips.

Salad Bar

The salad bar was very fresh, I recomend getting it if you are in the mood for salad, but there’s nothing fancy on the salad bar, about 15 options in total on what to put on your salad (carrots, garbanzo, onion, cucumber, tomato, broccoli, cauloflower, spinach, cheddar, and a few pasta salad type items)

Blondegirl970 photo

Blondegirl970

Morrisville, PA

DOWN THE TUBES!

From Morrisville, PA – Used to enjoy coming up to visit family and eating here (over an hour from where we live). We were there over the weekend for an early dinner with family. Salad bar was horrible – watered down dressing, fermented cole slaw and cranberry sauce, hard rolls right out of a supermarket bag and baked manicotti that was prepared in less than 5 minutes from ordering after the first meal ordered wasn’t available – Baked manicotti in less than five minutes is not possible – even nuked – it wasn’t hot or done. My husband had to walk out of the restaurant he was so frustrated. Used to love it – now I don’t know if we’ll ever go back – SHAME ON THEM. What happened to quality control? However, our waitress was great.

MartyMar photo

MartyMar

Folsom, PA

Not Bad at All

Stopped in for dinner from Pocono to Philly. A very large dining area, no wait for table. Everything looked nice and clean even the salad bar which was great. The bread and rolls are a great touch to the bar. Quick service and fair pricing, will definitely stop again.

Salad Bar

It was great. I’m not really a salad guy, but once in while I crave one. I took a chance with this diner that I never been to, on their salad bar, and let me tell you it was everything that I could of craved. It shocked me and it delivered. Greatness

LisaC photo

LisaC

Swedesboro, NJ

Disappointing

I ordered a reuben that arrived at my table with a pile of chips. The sandwich looked and smelled delicious but when I tried to bite into it, the meat was so tough I had to cut it into bite sized pieces. Even the knife had trouble getting through the meat! Also, I ordered a kids meal at a little over $5.00. A bit pricey for what was offered. I’ll be skipping this place next time through Quakertown.

Salad Bar

Someone did not take their time to see that the salad bar was prepared well. Huge random cuts and chunks of veggies, whole deformed eggs and VERY chewy bread.

Diner 24 Hours Family Dining

John's Plain and Fancy Diner  Restaurant Reviews

John's Plain and Fancy Diner is located near the cities of Richlandtown, Trumbauersville, and Trumbaursvlle.
People found this by searching for: John's Plain And Fancy Restaurant, Johns Plain And Fancy Calories, John's Plain And Fancy, Johns Plain And Fancu, John's Diner Quakertown Pa, Johns Plain And Fancy Quakertown Pa, John's Plain And Fancy Diner, John's Plain And Fancy Diner Quakertown Pa, and Plain And Fancy Menu.