11423 Georgia Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20902-1906

Jose's Grill

Cuisine: Argentinian, South American, Pasta

Jose's Grill is a Argentinian, South American, and Pasta restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 6/10/2013

A diner from Baltimore, MD tried it.

montielz photo

montielz

Washington, DC

Major Disappointment

I had never been to this restaurant but at a friend’s invitation we went Friday evening, an open mike comedy was going on, neither of us were aware they had comedy night going on. While our server checked on us frequently, we were served water in really small plastic cups, while the people at the table behind us were complaining about their service not being good and also were screaming about some of the disgusting content of the comedy while they were eating. The place was dark and the menu yellowish brown with large food titles but the description of the items was in cursive and we could not decipher what it was. We asked for the description of Lomo Saltado – how can someone go wrong with that, right? I’ve had it before at other restaurants. The description the waitress gave was not even close to what we got. We were told it was a peace of beef with a piece of corn on the cob with pico de gallo (chilmol). We got some type of shreaded beef with carrots and french fries served on a small, long dish similar to a boat. It did not come with rice so we had also ordered rice and black beans, I do not eat red beans. The waitress brought red beans and when I asked her, she said she did not look in the pot to see if they were black beans. She went back to the kitchen and came back to say there were no black beans. She never gave us the opportunity to not order the red since we had asked for black beans. The dish was $12 and it had almost no beef, it was mostly carrots and french fries mixed in, which I also do not eat We spoke with her about the description she gave us and she described a different dish than what she brought. She told me to pick the french fries out of the dish and not eat them. The dish was salty and not good at all. The comedy went on and on, and on, and on. We asked for the check and she had charged $26 for each of the lomo saltado but their menu said $12 each = $24. I turned on my phone flash light to look at the check more closely and she came by to ask if there was a problem. I asked why we were charged $13 per dish when the menu had listed $12. She said she was not the one who was in charge of the register that that was the amount the register was charging. I asked her to see the menu again and the manager or the owner. She took for EVER to bring a menu and when she did, she or they had pasted a white sticker with a handwritten price change showing $13. I told her how disappointed I was and that I knew what she was doing and that was such poor business practice. I said, too bad because I am a good tipper but she was not going to get the full tip I usually give 20-25% because she was doing stuff like that. She said I’m sorry, is not me. She never brought the manager or the owner to our table. I will not be going there, would not recommend that place and if you do go keep a menu on your table and review the check closely.
One good thing, liquor is reasonably priced but they don’t seem to use the same measure for wine for all tables because some tables were getting fuller glasses than we did. Beer is $5 for Coronas but wine was $7.95, pricey for the amount they poured for us.
They had live dance music after the comedy and that was good but we had to leave. If you go for music and drinks, watch out for your charges, keep track of what you order. I can just imagine what they would do to drinks.

LOMO SALTADO

Almost no meat, carrots and french fries mixed in and very salty, not very flavorful. Served with no rice or beans, have to pay separately for those two that are usually offered for the same price at other restaurants with better tasting and a bit more beef. Menu listed a price and the check charged a higher price. When confronted.

Dee1985 photo

Dee1985

Washington, DC

They are thieves!!!!!

Just left Jose’s Grill in Wheaton and I left very annoyed because they cheat people of their money. I was there for a night event. I ordered two shots (for which the lady said the cost would be $19) and two Coronas. When it was time to close my tab, I see the two ladies whispering to each other and they come back with a $57 bill and claim I ordered one more shot and beer. After I complained, they reduce my bill by $10. As I discuss this with my friends, they all say that have had a similar experience and for that reason never open tabs but bring cash instead. So, if you choose to go there, make sure you carry cash and are very cognizant of your bill. I am never buying anything from this place and think that the staff is very unprofessional and void of morals. They are cheats!!!!!!!

Oh, and I had to wait almost 15 minutes for my two coronas from the bar :(

And the ladies bathroom had no soap or toilet paper.

dinner2go photo

dinner2go

Olney, MD

Jose's Grill is Open!!!!!

food was great! Bolivian food is good!

Saltenias

You could order in advance

5/28/2020

A dining patron from Silver Spring, MD tried Seafood In The Buff and liked it.

5/25/2020

A Salvadoran food lover from Silver Spring, MD tried La pasión.

5/15/2020

A dining patron from Silver Spring, MD tried Greek Village Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/13/2020

An American food lover from Silver Spring, MD tried Crisfield Seafood Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

4/25/2020

An American food lover from US tried Crisfield Seafood Restaurant.

4/22/2020

A dining patron from Potomac, MD tried Silver Fountain.

4/21/2020

A diner from Silver Spring, MD tried Pollo Campero.

4/21/2020

A Chinese chowhound from Silver Spring, MD tried China Dynasty and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

4/18/2020

A diner from Alexandria, VA tried Crisfield Seafood Restaurant.

4/17/2020

A diner from Beltsville, MD tried Silver Fountain.

Argentinian South American Dinner
Sun,Tue-Sat 11:00AM - 11:00PM

Jose's Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Jose's Grill is located near the cities of Silver Springs, Takoma Park, Takoma Park, Langley Park, and Martins Add.
People found this by searching for: Joses Groll In Weaton Md, Jose's Grill Wheaton Md, Jose Grill, Jose's Grill Silver Spring, Bolivian Food Silver Spring Md, Jose's Grill, Jose Grill In Wheaton, and Josegrill.