551 S Highland St
Memphis, TN 38111

Juicy Jim's Pizzeria

Neighborhoods: East Buntyn Neighborhood Association
Cuisine: Pizza, Catering, Lunch

Juicy Jim's Pizzeria is a Pizza, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Great pizza and excellent staff "
"Great food, hole in the wall atmosphere;) "
Comments
"I love going and love the food ;)"
  • 2/20/2017

A Pizza food lover from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/24/2015

A dining patron from Arlington, TN tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Great pizza and excellent staff
  • 10/29/2015

A Pizza chowhound from Memphis, TN tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Great food, hole in the wall atmosphere;)
    Comments
    I love going and love the food ;)
  • 2/14/2015

A dining patron from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 7/07/2014

A Pizza food lover from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/29/2013

A Pizza chowhound from Southaven, MS tried it and didn't like it. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Not going back

1st visit—Nov, 2010— We order a pizza. We’re one of maybe five patrons total on a slow Thursday night, and we’re at a two-top directly adjacent to the bar. We wait forever for our pizza (no big deal) and then, a pizza arrives in the window. The window has no salamander heating unit keeping the food warm, and said pizza languishes in the window while the waitress is unable to be found….until the actual owner, with no apologies, gives us our pizza. It probably took the better part of an hour to actually get the pizza in hand.

Visit #2—Saturday, 2/12/11—Went to see a local band play, and that was great! However, we came in (and it wasn’t very busy for a Saturday) and we didn’t get menus or waited on until I went to the bar, away from the band, and ordered drinks. I waited until after the band finished THAT SET to go order drinks, so we were there for over an hour and had no menu and no beer. So, shitty service AGAIN, and, here’s the kicker—on top of all the other problems, they charged me for refills on a soft drink. Hello, designated driver?

We won’t be back—the food was DECENT but that sandwich, with no chips or even a pickle spear, was not worth $8.00 and my two Sierra Mists were not worth $3.50 for the two of them. NIckel and diming people gets you bad reviews on websites, and having shitty service from the owner himself (He was working the front both times.) means he doesn’t EVER have to worry about me coming back.

Steak Sandwich

Sandwich good, horrible value.

Accipiter photo

Accipiter

Chuckey, TN

Even though it's good pizza, there's better in Memphis.

Ready to be confused?

Juicy Jim’s Pizzeria is located on 551 S. Highland, and Juicy Jim’s (without the “pizzeria”) is at 546 S. Highland—right across the street from one another.

Yes, it’s wonky. It all stems from a contract that Domino’s has with the landlord for the strip mall, prohibiting any other businesses from selling pizzas, so Juicy Jim opened up the pizzeria across the street from Domino’s—and Juicy Jim’s original store (that focuses on subs).

One of the great things about Juicy Jim’s Pizzeria is that it’s open from 11am to 3am, so you can get a late night pizza from them. They also make their dough fresh and from scratch. I had a chicken and spinach pizza and it was quite good. As a warning, the “medium” at Juicy Jim’s pizzeria is probably the size of a large at Domino’s or Little Ceaser’s—and the crust is pretty dense/filling.

There’s no “special” (meat lover, vegetarian, supreme, etc.) pizzas available, so each topping you add to your pie will take a chunk out of your wallet. Recreating a “supreme” style pizza at Juicy Jim’s Pizzeria is probably going to run you $30-some dollars.

Despite my coming to the restaurant on a Sunday, during a lull in business, and with the owner present and working the front, it took nearly 40 minutes from the time I ordered until I received the pizza—and this was carry out, not delivery. Juicy Jim’s Pizzeria has only been in business for a couple months, so there may still be some problems being worked out behind the scenes.

While Juicy Jim’s Pizzeria makes good pizza and is open until 3am; it’s pricey, slow, and not the best pizza Memphis has to offer. Check out Memphis Pizza Cafe if you like thin crust pizza or check out (my personal favorite) the Pizza Shack’s thicker crust, homemade dough, and signature “Shack Attack” pizza (with BBQ sauce and pulled pork—among numerous other things). Neither will leave you disappointed, waiting forever, or wondering where all the money in your wallet went.

Pizza Good for groups Delivery

Juicy Jim's Pizzeria  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Juicy Jims Pizza Memphis, Juicy Jims Memphis Menu, Juicy Jim's Pizza Memphis, Juicy Jims Pizza, Juicy Jim's Pizzeria Memphis, Juicy Jims Pizzeria, Juicy Jims Menu, Juicy Jims Memphis, and Juicy Jim's Pizzeria Memphis Tn.